Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 15:05   #1
BHPian

Booked Spark but Good December discount on Estilo

For Estilo, they are giving 40K discount from 3rd to the 15th. I have already booked a spark and am waiting for it. When I booked the car, the sales person had said that I would get a refund. Should I collect the refund and buy the Estilo? I don't have a particular preference for the Spark over the Estilo . . . . Just want the best price.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:53   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
For Estilo, they are giving 40K discount from 3rd to the 15th. I have already booked a spark and am waiting for it. When I booked the car, the sales person had said that I would get a refund. Should I collect the refund and buy the Estilo? I don't have a particular preference for the Spark over the Estilo . . . . Just want the best price.
OK so....?

Just go ahead buy whichever is the cheaper na! Either will do a decent job!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 7th December 2007 at 15:55.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:59   #3
BHPian

Even if Maruti gives 1 Lakh discount on Estilo, I would have sticked on to spark. Spark is miles ahead of the Estilo, espicially when handling, build quality and ride quality comes into picture..
Old 7th December 2007, 16:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Compare the prices and buy which ever is giving most discounts. This is the year end and I feel all the auto dealers will extend the discounts. Try speaking to GM dealer about your plans, maybe you will walk out of some moe discounts with spark itself..who knows?
Old 7th December 2007, 17:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Somewhere i feel, go for Estilo... so as at the end of the day you can fetch a better resale value than Spark !!

Cheers !!

Ashi
Old 7th December 2007, 18:05   #6
BHPian

I am worried about getting my booking amount refunded. Does anybody know of any instance where the booking amount is not refunded in the case of cancellation?
Old 7th December 2007, 18:21   #7
BANNED

Estillo may be cheaper, but does it come with tubeless tyres??
Old 7th December 2007, 19:41   #8
BHPian

We will be booking Indica Xeta v2 soon. TATA is offering 40K discount (upto 51K discount) on this model. Also on others there are good discounts. Plan to take by dec' end and register in Jan ' 08
Old 8th December 2007, 00:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Why would you want to blindly cancel your Spark booking? When you decided on it, you definitely had something(s) in mind, didn't ya?

Spark is a very nice car and I'm sure you'll love driving it. However, if you have no particular criteria, then Elito's post makes a lot of sense.
Old 8th December 2007, 10:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey, the m800 is available too As is the indica xeta GLX in about the same price.

Jokes apart, Spark scores in refinement, tubeless tyres, better warranty, service promise (estilo's costlier), good build, spaciousness (so i felt).
Old 8th December 2007, 10:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Estillo may be cheaper, but does it come with tubeless tyres??

LMAO do you know the price difference... Dont just blindly post your advice.

Estilo is a nice car but if you have already booked spark. then go for it
Old 8th December 2007, 11:19   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
LMAO do you know the price difference... Dont just blindly post your advice.
EEEEEEKKK!!!! The quote below made me think that he is going for estillo coz it got CHEAPER THAN the spark.
Quote:
For Estilo, they are giving 40K discount from 3rd to the 15th. I have already booked a spark and am waiting for it. (snip) particular preference for the Spark over the Estilo . . . . Just want the best price
Means I did not realise that it is already cheaper than spark without the discount.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:31   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Spark is any day a better car than Estillo and not just from looks point of view. I personally dont like the estillo's shape at all, it looks right out weird from all angles
Old 8th December 2007, 13:36   #14
BHPian

while reselling, what matters ??
the registration date or the manufacturing date ??
thinking of buying a car,
should i wait for the next year or
should i go ahead now and register for next year ?? or
should i plain buy now and register now ??
Old 8th December 2007, 14:00   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is this your only car? Do you plan to keep it for many years?

If the answers to both these questions are yes, then go for the Spark. Its a nice car, and is better than the Estilo in many respects. Some areas that i am aware of being engine refinement, quality of interiors, ride and handling etc. Negatives are that sales are only lukewarm, service network is not too good and resale value may not be anything to talk about, after few years!

However, Estilo is not a bad car, as it is made out to be. If your priorities are cheaper price tag, better and less expensive spares and service, resale value etc, buy the Estilo. Also, please look at the Santro as well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th December 2007 at 14:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks