Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2008, 22:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

go to a better dealer of huyndai and book the i10 you seem to have liked it, on that JKDAS and others from trivandrum can help you out!
if you want to look at alto after the i10 i would say no please make up your mind its either i10 or alto!, forget the chevy spark they here in Hyderabad are offering 1lac kms/3years and only 12000 bucks to be paid in advance for all the regular services for these 3years kind of offer and i very much doubt the availability of the spares!

my sincere suggestion get an alto or stick to i10 its the tomorrow's car and is a very good and refined one too!, the A.S.S. will never be a problem as they are manufactured in india and its already a huge hit!

Last edited by rider60 : 13th January 2008 at 22:39.
Old 15th January 2008, 15:06   #32
BHPian

Test drove the Spark. It was surprise. The ride was much better and the cabin was very quiet. Good all round visibility, though the driver is seated lower compared i10. The A/C was much better than i10. Apple2Apple, this is 70k cheaper compared to i10. The Chevy dealer managed to get a good price for the old 800 too.

What bothers me the lack of Sparks on the road and whether or not parts will become a problem in the future. GMI obviously is not quite predictable (viz. experience with Opel brands and all that.)

Anybody got experience with Spark servicing costs?

BH
Old 15th January 2008, 23:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

GM's A** is always a problem. Now that Garuda is also closed, there is only one dealer in Bangalore and the spares compared to MUL, would be a little costly.

BTW, have you bought the vehicle?
Old 16th January 2008, 00:05   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
What bothers me the lack of Sparks on the road and whether or not parts will become a problem in the future. GMI obviously is not quite predictable (viz. experience with Opel brands and all that.)

Anybody got experience with Spark servicing costs?
Spark servicing cost seems very much in line with the competition. Not sure about service quality.

Sparks sales are low. Did they offer anygood discounts? Which model did you decide on?
Old 16th January 2008, 10:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Spark servicing cost seems very much in line with the competition. Not sure about service quality.

Sparks sales are low. Did they offer anygood discounts? Which model did you decide on?
Yes Crazy, the sales are low and that was my major worry. But there seems to be genuine supply constraints with one of their plants. It is expected to be an issue till March. The vehicle has a two week waiting period.

There is a service cost holiday for 3 years which is good. I have asked for the documentation.

Planning to book today. Decided on the LS model for which GM offers 30k discount. I am negotiating discounts on the accessories now.
Old 18th January 2008, 10:55   #36
BHPian

GM is building a new plant near Pune where they will manufacture the Spark. Once ready the supply poistion would be better. GM had earlier planned to build this at the defunct Daewoo faciltiy, but as the the deal fell through they are making it at their Baroda plant which also manufactures all other cars.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:48   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Yes Crazy, the sales are low and that was my major worry. But there seems to be genuine supply constraints with one of their plants. It is expected to be an issue till March.
Spy pics show an updated Spark coming soon, with beige interiors. This month's magazines (i think OD) have it.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:03   #38
BHPian

Best Car For Pregnant Women

Today morning I took my wife to the Gynecologist. We had to wait for our turn.

Two very pregnant ladies were discussing the issues & changes they were facing in their lives.

One of the major issues they were facing seems to be the inability to drive their cars easily. Later I discussed these issues with wifey. She gave her view points under the circumstances, not that it mattered to her, as I have been chauffeuring her from last few months. The issues were mainly
  • Getting into the car easily
  • Seating (Driver) issues - Belly touching steering wheel - not reaching the brake / gas pedals
  • Comfort of using the controls
  • Turning the car (thats supposedly difficult task)
Under these circumstances I was wondering whats the best car on Indian roads for Pregnant women?

TBHPians talk to your wifeys / Girlfriends / Sister/ Friends & Relatives about their views on this issue.

cheers:
Old 4th April 2008, 16:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hatches should be preferred to sedans in this case.
And a car with adjustable steering (Getz, Fabia) would help.

personally, would not like pregnant lady to drive the car especially in later months of pregnancy. It's better for her that someone else does that duty for her.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:18   #40
BHPian

The small cute reva should be the car for pregnant women ,its easy to get in,no car can defeat it in traffic as its the best for turning because of its small size,but comfort i don't know,safety is another concern of the reva and by the way do docters allow pregnant women to drive a car?
Old 4th April 2008, 16:20   #41
BANNED

Just a clarification: Assuming the car is bought at 3rd month, what will happen after 9 months?

My suggestion would be to get NHC, due to:

1. Ample space between steering & body
2. Steering adjust, seat-belt height adjust
3. Ample space, even if the driver seat is pushed way back
4. Soft suspension gives a very comfortable ride
5. EPS makes driving a breeze.
6. High seating is easier to get in & get out.
7. Still a better option (after pregancy) for babies & kids.
8. CVT option means no gear changing
9. Lastly, more smiles

Last edited by diabloo : 4th April 2008 at 16:25.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:22   #42
BHPian

Hey! its easily Santro AT. It fits all the criteria and perhaps its even recognised by even Hyundai as specifically targetted at women. No tension of getting in / out, very light steering, no gears to continuously shift and I am sure pregnant women dont intend to take it off road .
Old 4th April 2008, 16:44   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Merged with similar thread
Old 4th April 2008, 17:14   #44
BANNED

would recommend Santro for the lady
Old 4th April 2008, 17:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I think a wagonR would be just about perfect. Easy ingress and egress, decent ride even at the rear, effortless power steering, good visibility are some of the reasons. Also, its got a huge boot (bigger than an Indica!), which would be suitable to carry all the stuff around.
I won't recommend Alto or any other low slung car, since it would need bending to get into the car. In a wagonR or a Santro, you just "slide" in. Also the large angle the wagonR doors open (almost 90degree) adds to the comfort.
I second that a Wagon R Duo probably,cheap to maintain,good FE and comfortable to ride+good visiblity VFM
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks