Old 12th February 2008, 16:27   #16
BHPian

How about Swift Dezire Zdi? Looks like its a month wait
Old 12th February 2008, 18:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
How about Swift Dezire Zdi? Looks like its a month wait
Thats jumping the gun quite some. Maruti would first be interested in unloading the large G13B inventory they have before they leak any news, nonexistent at this time, abt any potential diesel option.
Old 12th February 2008, 23:36   #18

Thannk you!

I finally decided on the ZXi and enquired with a few Maruti dealers in the city. Indus Motors readily committed to a five weeks delivery time. Khivraj initially said three to five months and later agreed to five weeks after I asked them to check with Maruti. Kapico weren't even interested to take a booking for the ZXi, said they already had six bookings and would take more only after delivering those. I couldn't believe my ears!

None of the dealers are offering any discounts on the Swift. Indus alone offered a 2.5k corporate discount. Have asked the HR in my company if they could get a better discount from their preferred dealer - Khivraj. Will book it in a day or two.

Both HDFC and ICICI have offered a 10.75% diminishing for four years. Are there better deals available in the market for 100% ex-showroom?
Old 13th February 2008, 04:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest you the vdi with ABS, well you do lose out on the additional goodies you mentioned,but there are some major benefits to consider too! for starters

the stock alloys and the 185/70-R14 tyres are a put off swift needs atleast 195/60-R15! and definitely deserves a set of better looking design!

then the tilt steering, climate control and airbags options they cannot be fixed on the vdi later on so if you want them so bad make up your mind now! its just personal choice some want it really bad while others are okay without them!

""Better seat belts
Rear window demister
Rear window wiper
Integrated music system + Steering controls + 4 Speakers (factory fitted)
Remote locking (5 doors )
Cigarette lighter"".

from this above list the rear defogger glass and wiper set can be fixed later on at a price as far as i remember it i was quoted around 8K

the better seat belts, audiosetup, remote locking, and cigarette lighter can be purchased outside that much better and offer better features as well!

if you are ready to let go off the following i mentioned and live with getting a few outside and later on then swift Vdi is the best choice!

also there is an added advantage if you want more power from your car later on, then a simple pete's and air filter will do the job unlike the petrol car, on the other hand the petrol one will need a perfect tuner to do all the mod jobs and you might have to import a few things too! so modding a diesel is way simpler than petrol which actually is messy job!

take a proper look at the service intervals of both the versions, as per the maufacturer's recommendations, and comparison, they cost either same or the diesel costs a bit lower!, but not more afaik! so the diesel wins!

now its up to you to decide which car to buy!
Old 13th February 2008, 09:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

To all who are advising the Diesel. I have one genuine question.

Say my driving is not much around 15k yearly. Which is more fun to drive i.e. an enthusiasts car the petrol or the Diesel Swift ? The consideration is high initial cost of the Diesel variant.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:18   #21
BANNED

Torque of Diesel makes her fun to drive, give a test drive to both you will come to know the fun of driving DDiS.Specially i like its pull after turbo kicks in.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
To all who are advising the Diesel. I have one genuine question.

Say my driving is not much around 15k yearly. Which is more fun to drive i.e. an enthusiasts car the petrol or the Diesel Swift ? The consideration is high initial cost of the Diesel variant.
I have a slight inclination to diesel for fun to drive factor, but then again i bought one after test drive. Test drive and decide.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have driven my Uncle's Swift Diesel, absolutely loved it except for the rubber band effect, how do you handle that in city traffic ?
Old 13th February 2008, 15:26   #24
BANNED

Dont use engine break for stopping the car atleast below 1200 RPM use clutch while breaking and youll be done with it.
Old 13th February 2008, 15:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

swift petrol would be more mod friendly.a FFE ,angel eyes etc.in diesel the biggest option would be petes box.but considering your low running petrol one would suffice your needs.
ram
Old 13th February 2008, 16:04   #26
Team-BHP Support

What is the rubber band effect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Dont use engine break for stopping the car atleast below 1200 RPM use clutch while breaking and youll be done with it.
Ajay, can you explain this in more detail please ?
Old 13th February 2008, 16:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post398485

then again, you bought a ZMA, not a P150 - you know the difference today

So its your call - swift D for the kick. swift P because you have a family and money doesnt grow on trees
Old 13th February 2008, 17:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

well after all the calculations done,put the initial owner ship costs aside for there is a different calculation to it, as there are EMis and things, even if the diesel car costs more initially, the long term owner ship cost (the service and running) calculation would say other way, the modern diesels make better long term cars than the petrol counter parts today!, well even i have like 15k to 18k kms per year kind of use for my swift ddis, and still purchased it in place of petrol car!.

i am not 100% sure here please do correct me if am wrong and do put in your views!

i am waiting for kaushykutty to put in his thoughts after all the discussion that has gone into this thread!

Last edited by rider60 : 13th February 2008 at 17:49.
Old 14th February 2008, 09:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

First I am not buying any car right now am just trying to gauge performance of the two siblings. Quite a few of my friends have been asking me this question as some of them are in dilemma.

See I am looking at it as if there was a swift 1.3 & 1.6 with say 1.6 being more expensive but having better FE.

So running costs aside because in this case the alleged better power\Torque(diesel) has better mileage too. So if someone is looking purely for a better driving experience car which in most cases means higher price, does the Swift D still win over its petrol sibling?

Phamilyman: dont remind me of the ZMA man :(

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th February 2008 at 09:07.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:55   #30
BHPian

I was reading a report in bsmotoring which compares Petrol and Diesel swifts. According the report, Petrol Swift is better in performance.

Here is the link

Tests - A tale of two Swifts - Business Standard Motoring
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks