Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 20:00   #31
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 942
Thanked: 339 Times
Default

Most sales persons would give you the same thought process so that you would be discouraged to buy the ZXI, but safety comes first and that is which matter the most.

By the way good choise to buy a ZXI over a VXI or VDI

Hope to see it in your garage soon.
kailashnj is offline  
Old 21st March 2008, 22:08   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,779
Thanked: 2,088 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, its your opinion about ABS being useful for a car meant for elderly people ( read, careful driving) and did you think that his parents will be zipping around empty stretches near Gachibowli?

Also, can you explain how alloy wheels help in getting you a better FE and also stop the car better?
Alloys being lighter, the unsprung weight of the car also gets lighter, resulting in improved FE and braking power. Following is one post on the subject, but there are many others
Alloy wheels | Spares & Accessories | Forums - CarWale.com India
vnabhi is offline  
Old 24th March 2008, 13:37   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,919
Thanked: 9,603 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Alloys being lighter, the unsprung weight of the car also gets lighter, resulting in improved FE and braking power. Following is one post on the subject, but there are many others
Alloy wheels | Spares & Accessories | Forums - CarWale.com India
Thanks, But i still have my doubts

@Viper-SRT, Don't even think of buying it without you getting the insurance free. I suggest you check with all the dealers ( Acer, Mithra and Saboo). Due to heavy competition, it has kind of become a mandate to provide 1st year insurance free for almost every vehicle ( maybe not for ones that are heavily in demand)
mobike008 is offline  
Old 25th March 2008, 01:19   #34
BHPian
 
VIPER_SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 436
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks, But i still have my doubts

@Viper-SRT, Don't even think of buying it without you getting the insurance free. I suggest you check with all the dealers ( Acer, Mithra and Saboo). Due to heavy competition, it has kind of become a mandate to provide 1st year insurance free for almost every vehicle ( maybe not for ones that are heavily in demand)
Too Late! My dad got the car today evening and guess what! He got the VXI without telling me Is it only me or there are some others who always have the problem of their dads not agreeing to what we suggest.

I was so hoping to have ZXI and there was one with Black coming in 2 days. seems like everyone suggested that airbags are not needed.

Well anyway now that it doesnt come with a stereo, I would like to know which one is best! Alpine or Pioneer. Pioneers are coming with blue-tooth in-built in some models but Alpine inspite of being expensive needs to have a seperate bluetooth adapter. I guess there are lots of thread's for audio but would like to go what goes best with Swift!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift VDI, VXI or ZXI! Purchasing within a week-img_1532.jpg.jpg  

Maruti Swift VDI, VXI or ZXI! Purchasing within a week-img_1547.jpg.jpg  

Maruti Swift VDI, VXI or ZXI! Purchasing within a week-img_1553.jpg.jpg  

VIPER_SRT is offline  
Old 25th March 2008, 10:08   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai / Kochi
Posts: 5,383
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT
Is it only me or there are some others who always have the problem of their dads not agreeing to what we suggest.
You are not alone there. It took me quite some effort to convince my Dad to go for the Swift-Zxi. Had to rope in my Mom and sisters to impress upon him the safety benefits.

P.S.: Ofcourse it is another thing that if not for tbhp, I myself would have gone for the VXi.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 25th March 2008, 10:16   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Avon, CT
Posts: 7,176
Thanked: 1,728 Times
Default

With Viper_SRT's Swift Vxi having been delivered, its time to close this thread.
theMAG is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks