Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 01:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

To be frank with you,under normal driving within city,,after my second service on 3k Kms i filled up Fuel for Rs.2000/- the car ran about 510km and then the petrol light started to glow..i.e I got an average of about 12.75kmpl inside the city with 100% a/c on just today i fueled up for Rs.1000/-

EDIT:I use a 1.3L GLS getz Prime,and its hardcore loaded with about more than 50kgs of ICE inside.

Last edited by ramie2400 : 7th April 2008 at 01:42.
Old 7th April 2008, 08:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post

Any 1.1 owner here?please do tell me about its performace in the highway,A/c,and FE.by the way is it really true that 1.3 FE is around 8-9Km/Ltr in the city?

I do own a Getz 1.1 GLE. (I know a long term report is long overdue from me, but waiting to complete 5K on odo).

Highway Performance: I've been able to lurk twice on the highways, one from Belgaum - Davangere - Belgaum which was around 500kms. And second, from Belgaum - Kohlapur - Karad - Chiplun - Ganapati Pule - Ratnagiri - Kohlapur - Belgaum, logged around 700kms in this journey.

On the second highway run, all that I could make was that my Getz GLE 1.1 is undertyred. I had nothing to complain about it's performance. I was seriously impressed with it since, I too had read a lot about it being underpowered, but it jus kept on surprising me with it's performance. May be if you'd fill the car with 5 occupants with AC, only then you might be bothered about it's performance. But, with 3 - 4 occupants and AC on, I found it quite good. Note that, during my second highway run, I had to traverse a lot of ghat section.

FE that my car gives is somewhere around 13 kmpl in city (25-50% AC) after 1 service. 2nd service has just been done and no miles have been munched after 2nd service.

My only grudge with the car is it's AC which IMHO takes just that little bit longer to cool the huge volume of space that's inside the Getz.

Well, if your budget isn't a hurdle, go for the 1.3 because with the kind of runnin you'd be logging, FE shouldn't matter much. And, as the ol' saying goes... There's no replacement for displacement!

Last edited by five46 : 7th April 2008 at 08:50.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:18   #18
agm
BHPian

Hii,

Maruti dealer called today in the evening and said your car has come Swift VDi (Azure Grey) most probably will get that tommorow in the second half need to call him in the morning as he said he need some time to get the vehicle ready.hhmm all of a sudden decided to go for it the time he said your car has come.

Was in dilemma about getz gtx as people saying i20 will be out in the market soon so thought instead of going for a car which would be most probably out of the market in a years time wont be a wise decision and in 6L budget there was no other option.

Will post here in this thread the time i get the car,and need to know things about icing etc

Thanks a ton guys for all the suggestion,its pleasure being part of such a wonderful place.TEAM-BHP cheers
Old 10th April 2008, 10:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hii,

Maruti dealer called today in the evening and said your car has come Swift VDi (Azure Grey) most probably will get that tommorow in the second half need to call him in the morning as he said he need some time to get the vehicle ready.hhmm all of a sudden decided to go for it the time he said your car has come.

Was in dilemma about getz gtx as people saying i20 will be out in the market soon so thought instead of going for a car which would be most probably out of the market in a years time wont be a wise decision and in 6L budget there was no other option.

Will post here in this thread the time i get the car,and need to know things about icing etc

Thanks a ton guys for all the suggestion,its pleasure being part of such a wonderful place.TEAM-BHP cheers

Dude Congrats on your swift do post some pics !! I had recently done icing on my swift with Pio 6050 HU and JBL speakers. Costed me around 15k in all.
Old 10th April 2008, 14:56   #20
agm
BHPian

Thanks Karan

Finally got the car just now got back home and will leave within few minutes for ICE

Swift VDI (Azure Grey)-onroad 5.58L

Accesseries dealer gave:-
1)- Mudflap
2)- Seat cover (very ordinary will change it)
3)- Steering wheel cover.
4)- one more thing dont know what it is called.sorry

Will post the pictures the time i am back and done with iceing.Cheers

thanks

And ya karan even i am going to install a pio HU and jbl speakers,maruti dealer gave me few options like jvc,kenwood HU along with some infinity speakers which were around 7k dont remember the model but as i have been reading in the ice section in this forum i decided to go for a pio with jbl.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th April 2008 at 16:07. Reason: Please use edit if posting within 15 minutes
Old 10th April 2008, 15:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal, Enjoy your ride!
Old 10th April 2008, 20:41   #22
agm
BHPian

Hii

Just came back,done with iceing

Pioneer HU- 5090 (with usb) - 8700rs with bill and 2 year warranty

Front speakers- JBL gto 6XX dont know the exact model number. 2200rs

9" speakers (tray)- JBL gto 937 i guess -3000rs

well thought of taking few snaps but its little dark and as i will be takin those snaps through my fone so quality wont be that good,so instead take few tommorow in the morning and will upload.

above combi working pretty well,sound quality is really awesome.

Old 11th April 2008, 14:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

i got the same speakers , Pio 5090? i havent seen that yet ..shall wait for the pics!
Old 11th April 2008, 15:10   #24
BHPian

Congrats man for the car !!

Your initial post suggests that the rear space was your priority and the running is in the range of 700-800 KMs/month. Do you think Swift D fits into your requirement?
Old 11th April 2008, 16:01   #25
agm
BHPian

Ok here are few snaps i took today (Exterior) :-

Cont...Pictures (Interior)

Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-009.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-010.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-011.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-013.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-002.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-003.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-004.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-005.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-006.jpg  

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI-007.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th April 2008 at 16:39. Reason: Merged posts
Old 11th April 2008, 16:20   #26
agm
BHPian

Thanks Finneyp,an

@An well my monthly running would be less then 1k,but then i really dint have options you see,i liked palio but then even that was diesel at the same time so many friends/cousins who own tata/fiat said it will be a stupidity if i go for that car because of the poor A*S here in raipur so dropped the idea,and then was left with DDis(find it to be more peppy,better engine compared to petrol) and getz 1.3gtx ,liked getz a lot and had everything i was looking for but as i have been reading that i20 will be out soon and it will replace getz so dint want a car which will be out of the market in a years time,thats why opted for a Swift diesel...and honestly i am very satisfied with the vehicle though i have just done with 40-50 odd km,but then i took it to the highway(ringroad) and was consistently running 70-80/hr and its true this vehicle is joy to drive.legroom aint that good which to me is a minus point at the same time i would like to see how it perform in bad roads when running over 100/hr,right now wont take it to more then 70-80/km before the first servicing.
Old 11th April 2008, 21:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats agm, Swift DDiS is a great car. You will truly enjoy driving it! And regarding your monthly mileage, I'm sure it will increase now. The low running costs encourage you to make more and more weekend trips
Old 11th April 2008, 22:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

@ AGM- Nice pics ! i think your Pioneer HU is the 5050 . I dont think you ll regret with the Swift DDIS. I also got my delivery of my VXI on Monday. Awesome car. Shall wait for your running report. Cheers!
Old 11th April 2008, 22:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Well dint find it to be very good,especially compared to Swift D.Swift D has a very peppy,acceralation etc,so thats why.
I will never understand this. Hope you are reffering the low end torque, the rollon in 1st gear in low revs. But acceleration, Swift P is a different feel. I feel sad that people lost interest in high revving petrols. Anyway congrats on Swift D, its a good car anyday.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:56   #30
agm
BHPian

Thanks so much blue pulsar,redfire...thanks karan and congo to u too hope you are enjoying your new drive yaa its a pretty good car,had no work but still was driving it in the city whole day .Karan its Pio 5090UB i checked the box as well as in the HU its written,i have not seen 5050 but may be they are almost the same,what i know this 5090 was lunched this year in january.whole system is working very nice for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks