Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 09:47   #31
BHPian

Hi Hawk, While you can read my initial views and comments on the i10 Magna I bought a few weeks back ini the "Initial Ownership Report" section, I'll just summarise some relevent points for you.

Why I chose i10 to Swift? The Magna came decently loaded compared to a Swift Lxi, which was around the same price. Plus, my building parking space is a bit small, and I would have had problems due to the Swift's dimensions. Besides, I personally feel, it would be easier to drive an i10 in traffic than a swift due to its smaller size.

That said, please note that the i10 has a 1.1 engine(66 BHP). The swift has the 1.3 engine (87 BHP) and thus is much more powerful. There has been a few times when I have felt a slight regret of not going for the car with more power. So if you feel power is important, Swift is better.

Coming to fuel efficiency, I got my first FE figures at 425 km which was 12.9 kmpl. This is with 50% AC usage, and in some pretty bad traffic. Logic dictates that the FE should go up after the first servicing.

Looks and space are all subjective, for which each person would have their opinions.. For example, When I first too a test drive of a Swift pertrol, I found the rear seat to be crampt. About a year later, when I took a test drive of the Swift Diesel, I found the rear see to be ok, not as bad as I remembered! Go figure! So I think you need to take a good look and a good test drive and decide which one would be better, given your decision parameters. I personally feel that the i10 has very good space, which all people who have sat in the car has said as well.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:21   #32
BHPian

Both cars are good/great.!

Power Windows for Swift base model - Rs.15 K
Central Locking - Rs. 5 K
Better interiors - Rs. 13 K (just for fun)

Not having to drive along with the 2 Lakh Swift owners!!! PRICELESS.

Pick i10 if you don't want to be part of the 2 Lakh Swift owners on road!
And by the time i10 sells 2 Lakh, you can go for another one !!

That is what I did !!
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:52   #33
BHPian

now me too got confused between 1.2 Magna & Swift Lxi.
I had a TD of both and I really liked the gear shift for i10 and the driving comfort of Lxi. Other concern reg i10 is beige color from dash board is getting reflected on windshield, TD was on a sunny afternoon. I suppose the same will happen in night also.
Swift Lxi
Ex showroom Price @ Chennai- 4,09,198
Insurance - 12,248
Regn/Lifetax/Extended 3rd year warranty - 43,141
Offer
7500 - cash discount or products like Sony MP3 with 2 speakers,Xenos rem. lock,Wheel cap,Mat & sunfilm and Corp. disc(3000)
OnRoadPrice - 4,54,000

i10 1.2 Magna
Ex showroom Price @ Chennai HMP- 4,05,297
Insurance - 12,404
Regn/Lifetax - 39,500
Offer
Insurance, MatKit ,Extended 3rd yr warnty(2500) & Corp. disc. (2000)
OnRoadPrice - 4,43,000

mates, Is it possible to put head rest for rear seat in Lxi
Also planning to install power window(Front - 6500/-)

Can you please share your thoughts on this..Highly appreciate your help
Old 6th December 2008, 02:06   #34
BHPian

dude, the head rest for the lxi is a small issue... but the swift is definitely a better buy than the i10, kappa or otherwise....
i'm a lil astonished at the pricing in pune... the lxi retails for about 4.05 ex-showroom in chandigarh n 3.90 in new delhi!! :shocked:

since ur monthly usage is 500km, a swift would require petrol worth rupees 2000 and for the i10 it would be around 1500...
so basically for 500/month more, you get
-better performance/handling
-the best front seats!
-a better looking car (IMHO!)
-a car which is a class above

what more do you want!

think about it and do tell ur decision

the best thing would be to TD both of them.. you'll get to know the features, driving comforts, et al

cheerz
Old 7th December 2008, 18:46   #35
BHPian

Thanks Arsenik...I zeroed in Swift Lxi and going to book it tomorrow. But sad part is that now after all discussions dealer is saying they dont have Silver in stock and it may take min. 2 weeks wait period. Either Bright Red or Sunlight Copper Red is immed'ly available.
Other option is upgrade to Vxi as Silver is in stock with him.
tomorrow I will be visiting Bank Of Baroda to get loan details as recently they signed an MOU with MUL for car loans.(11.25%).
Note: This deal between BOB and MUL not known to dealer !!!!
Old 8th December 2008, 22:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
Either Bright Red or Sunlight Copper Red is immed'ly available.
Other option is upgrade to Vxi as Silver is in stock with him.
Go for the Sunlight Copper. Looks real hot!

Upgrade to VXi is also a good option since the features you get in VXi are well worth it!
Old 9th December 2008, 23:30   #37
BHPian

dude wait for a couple o weeks.. don't make any hasty decisions which you might regret later!!

going for the vxi might stretch your budget, and leave you with no cash for any possible ICE/alloys/etc.... and colour is strictly personal... silver is a good choice, and the wait would be worth it...

btw, i agree with blue_pulsar, sunlight copper DOES look super hot!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks