Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 19:54   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
IF you are looking for some serious perfomance coupled with practicality nothing comes close to a getz crdi + petes.
135 bhp, 235 Nm of torque without ABS or airbags and 175 tyres!

All this at 7 lakhs ONLY! Performance? Oh yeah! But practicality? Not at this price, IMO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th June 2008 at 19:56.
Old 10th June 2008, 19:58   #17
BHPian

its not 7 lakhs for sure.With the alloys and tyres it may touch 7Lakh.Looks like he has the budget ,thuis suggested it.
Old 11th June 2008, 11:30   #18
BHPian

Ford Fusion!!

Why not Ford Fusion?

It is a great car to drive and the specs are awesome. Go for a TD. Moreover currently Ford is giving some good offers.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:06   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidAndroid View Post
...I actually managed to find a guy selling his 2002 Gtx for 2L last week. I test drove it and somehow it didnt feel like it had a 100 horses under the hood. I had trouble hitting 100. I even down shifted once to get into the power RPM range but still felt sluggish. I find it hard to believe that the car with a reputation like the 1.6 GTX would feel like this. ....
PD, I also felt the same when I tried a 2002 GTX in Bangalore. However; I believe that it is due to how people have maintained their car and service history etc.

When i took a TD in my 2003 1.6 S10, I knew it was doing justice to it's name and could feel the 100 horses galloping in the bonnet.
If you ever want to TD a 1.6, you are welcome to drive my S10 and feel the power of 100 horses.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

On road for Getz CRDi 6.5lacs
Petes 28K
Tire upgrade with alloy ~28K (After buy back of stock)
= 7.05 lacs which is a good deal.

I agree on ABS and Airbags part.

You can buy a Skoda fabia topend diesel spending close to 8 lacs with a lesser powered engine.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:09   #21
BHPian

Swift DDIS

I would recommend that you try out the Swift DDIS. The Fiat engine is brilliant. Its got 190 NM at 2000 RMP. The first and 2nd gear you can go off like you got rocket boosters on.
With an OTR price of 5.9 for the VDI, its cheaper than the Getz. Plus a Pete's box for about 30k, brings you to a 6.2. If you want the performance, i would recommend you try this out. I'm not sure how a diesel car maintenance differs from a petrol. But if you're looking for performance, i really recommend you try this out.
Old 12th June 2008, 14:43   #22
rippergeo

the palio 1.6 GTX would have been a serious contender except for the fact that a hot hatch has to be easy on the pocket and that it should be nimble/flickable.

it handles well, but it handles like a big car. it does not feel like a hatch.
the other problem with the 1.6 GTX is the limited number of performance mods available in india.

but considering that it is available at half the price of other hatches in its second hand form, a person with time, energy and money could make a very good hot hatch out of it.

lazy people like me make do with a Swift D + pete's

Old 18th June 2008, 13:52   #23
BHPian

Can someone enlighten me please - what is Pete's box?

Thanks,
- Manish
Old 18th June 2008, 14:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post

Thanks,
- Manish
Do a search Manish.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Its a performance tuning box for diesel engines.
Find more information logon to Pete's Performance Products
Old 18th June 2008, 16:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
On road for Getz CRDi 6.5lacs
Petes 28K
Tire upgrade with alloy ~28K (After buy back of stock)
= 7.05 lacs which is a good deal.

I agree on ABS and Airbags part.

You can buy a Skoda fabia topend diesel spending close to 8 lacs with a lesser powered engine.
A peted fabis is very noisy it seems. Source: Pete's Tvm dealer

Last edited by jkdas : 18th June 2008 at 17:15.
Old 18th June 2008, 17:06   #27
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A peted fabis is very noisy it seems. Source: Pete's Tvm dealer.
pete'd engines get noisy if the air filter is dirty. very noisy.
Hope the dealer knows that.

Old 18th June 2008, 19:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We already have two hot hatches: The Getz diesel and the Palio 1.6. Have you test-driven these already?
well the palio 1.6 is a good car but if one does not mind the rising fuel prices, and an old model car, then go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
and dont forget the SRV. Its nearly there
i will buy this car provided GM puts in the 2.0L diesel engine of optra magnum in it and also they improve the AFTER SALES SERVICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
IF you are looking for some serious perfomance coupled with practicality nothing comes close to a getz crdi + petes.
well no doubt getz is a really fast hatch, but then its OVER POWERED for that body IMHO, more over its a diesel so the initial pick up will be really really scary for beginners. so i think its better to stay away from this car it does not even sport ABS which is a must for this one.

since you are not in a hurry wait on for the new launches, if you cant wait then i think swift diesel comes close but be warned, the swift is a package in itself, if you really dont mind the niggling problems that car has then buy it.

PS: search the forum for the problems with swift Petrol and diesel.

Last edited by rider60 : 18th June 2008 at 19:21.
Old 29th April 2010, 09:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Same question even after 2 years

Hi everyone, sorry for reviving this 2 year old thread but well my requirements are yet the same! When i intially started this thread i was not really spoilt with many options (atleast in the performance criteria). Therefore I decided to just do some basic stage 1 mods on my zen and enjoy it for a couple of more years till I get the car that i want. I intend to keep the car for atleast another 6-7 years and therefore I thought i would wait rather than compromise. Today my zen is rattling and requires a clutch, brake, suspension overhaul as well as new rubber. So finally i have decided to replace it within the next 2 months.
My requirements are quite basic. Approx 30 kms a day driven by my parents as well as by me. So it is going to be a family car. Budget upto 10L on-road price. And yes it has to be a hatchback with good performance.
I have read GTO's article about lateral upgradation but however my parents donot wish to buy a pre-owned vehicle.
Anyways, I have test driven almost all the hatches within my reach in these past two weeks. So here is my take on the cars:
Indica Vista Safire: Great value for money and ample amount of space but it comes nowhere in the performance category.
Fiat Punto 1.4: I felt the Vista was faster. I mean this car is really dead till 3500rpm. The equipment is decent but its performance put me off.
Honda Jazz: A nice peppy engine and good amount of interior space but not worth the 8.5L OTR pricing. I would have actually picked it up but is it really worth it? My mother really fell in love with the car but agreed it is overpriced.
Hyundai i20 1.2: I found the suspension to be too soft and the car's interior especially after the metallic effect centre console with brown interiors did not work for me. Also performance wise I was not really happy.
Maruti Suzuke Ritz 1.2: The car feels great especially the 0-100 sprint. It felt better than the rest but there is just something that is missing with the car. Maybe good looks.
Ford Figo 1.2: Decent car, decent interior, good handling, I felt it was quite decent as an overall package but the waiting period is 2 months and I rather wait a little more rather than picking it up.
VW Polo 1.2(p): Did not get a longer td but I fell in love with the interior as well as the exterior. Infact I wished to book the car right away until the sales guy confirmed about the launch of the 1.6L in the month of Sept! He said bookings for that car have begun. It would be around a lakh dearer than the Highline Polo. If that is true this is the perfect car for me. Does anyone have any idea regarding its launch? Should i go in and book the car in this month itself??
I know people may be thinking that why would i even td many of the cars i did as they are not performance oriented but even today we dont have a choice with all petrols coming with 1.2L engines. Have i missed out any car that would suit my requirements? Oh i forgot to mention i am looking out for petrols only.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:50   #30
BHPian

@S2:
I really appreciate your patience in testing the cars.
But, for family do you really need a performance oriented cars?
No offense please.

I think for 10laks you have lot of options today.

What exactly are you looking at Performance Driven Cars for a family?
BTW, you missed Suzuki Swift K-Series Engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks