Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 15:02   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Although 2.85 is the ex-showroom price, 3.3 is the on-road price. If in excellent condition, 2.4-2.6 is a decent price. That is the current price of second-hand Alto in Bangalore market.

I just don't understand this statement. For a 3 year old Alto you say 2.6L is a decent price. IMO, its a rip-off !!!

Lets take a look at this example. A friend of mine is selling his top end 22 month old santro ( XO) which is roughly 4.30L onroad with his ICE intact and the best offers he is getting until a few hours ago was 2.9L and hyderabad second market is way better than Bangalore.

I think a 2005 Alto is not worth more than 1.8L and maybe a maximum of 2L if its in superlative condition
Old 6th June 2008, 15:39   #17
BHPian

Hi Orion, I would suggest to go for Brand new Alto Lxi and run on petrol
Old 6th June 2008, 22:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just don't understand this statement. For a 3 year old Alto you say 2.6L is a decent price. IMO, its a rip-off !!!
I agree its a rip-off. I'm also in the market for a second-hand Alto. Believe me, these are the prices I have seen here. Bangalore fetches one of the highest resale values if I'm not wrong.
Old 8th June 2008, 17:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have noticed this mostly for Maruti cars. Not much difference between the ex showroom price and the price of a 3 year used car.

For that price, i have seen a fully loaded Santro XO 2002 model but getting LPG fitted for that would push it above my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Used Wagon R (if you can get their limited edition Primea), Or Alto. These are very fuel efficient and quite sufficient for office commutes though if you buy a Wagon R i suspect you'll end up using it a lot more! - thats a very good car.

I also appreciate your query on Reva and to me it seems a great idea but I think its better to check with the experts on that - Ive not heard much about spares, service etc etc. My neighbour owns one so will try and find out for you.

cheers
I test drove a WagonR and i love its seating position.. But i am not sure i will get a good used car in my budget.

Reva is my first option now because the crude oil prices have gone thru the roof and are trying to touch the sky. I dont think the government can afford to give us subsidised petrol and diesel for long. I am considering cars running on alternate fuels and Reva is the only available option.

It will be of a great help if you can ask your neighbor about the Reva

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th June 2008 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks