Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 10:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Fiat A.S.S. suffers from two issues:

1. Lack of Spares for non-regular items. Your car could spend long time in the workshop in case of a major parts failure or accident. Its good to have a backup car / bike.

2. Lack of adequate knowledge about Fiat cars, especially the newly converted Tata Service Centres. On the other hand, many original Fiat SCs have better knowledge but have lost their good mechanics to Ford, Hyundai etc.

Being an MJD owner myself, I was prepared for that while buying the car. It still made more sense than the extra 60k for the Swift D and the three month wait.

However, things are improving at Fiat from what I am reading on this forum and they have sold 500 MJDs last month. Larger numbers should ensure better supply of spares.

However, one big drawback of the Palios is the lack of ABS, Airbags for a car that urges you to drive spiritedly (MJD and 1.6, not the 1.1).
Old 11th July 2008, 11:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

I believe Fiat has stopped making Fiat Stile 1.1 as of today.Only 1.6 and Multijets are being made and serviced.
Infact,if u had the old palio,you are better off with the spares!!!!
Old 11th July 2008, 11:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I believe Fiat has stopped making Fiat Stile 1.1 as of today.Only 1.6 and Multijets are being made and serviced.
Wow! That's news to me!

But atleast here in Bangalore! The most Stiles I see are 1.1s. MJDs are next and 1.6s least.
Old 11th July 2008, 16:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
However, things are improving at Fiat from what I am reading on this forum and they have sold 500 MJDs last month. Larger numbers should ensure better supply of spares.
(MJD and 1.6, not the 1.1).
Fiat has sold 550 Palios last month as compared to 461 in May. This was the only car which saw an increase in Sales in the small car segment, All others saw a decline.
Also, 550 is the best monthly sale FIAT has achieved since last 3 years.

Lets see how long this up trend lasts.
Old 11th July 2008, 17:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

as per trends, fiat sold some 5800 cars from jan 05 to feb 08. in last four months they sold some 1800+

What more proof that things are turning around?
/one baby step at a time only though.
Old 16th July 2008, 01:50   #51

I took a Palio SDE for a drive today and I needed some clarifications from existing owners.

1. Car felt sluggish , I really had to rev it up in 2nd gear especially but after that no issues just kept flying .unfortunately was driving around in Chennai traffic so couldnt really open her up.

2 Felt like the engine noise was on the higher side inside the car but then again its been a while since I'v been a diesel car.

Other than that I loved the car, Had no problems with the turning radius and although I'm no expert on cars and neither have I driven around in many I felt the Gear shift was fine no real problems there it always fell into place.
Will definitely be booking an SDE soon. Also prices have gone up in the last 4 weeks went frm 5.07 to 5.26 . and is expected to go up further
Old 16th July 2008, 09:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcherSS View Post
Will definitely be booking an SDE soon. Also prices have gone up in the last 4 weeks went frm 5.07 to 5.26 . and is expected to go up further
my only advice is go for the highest version SDX, ya ,you need to wait more & pay more but the quality of finish in SDX is lot better than SDE.. so in the long run you feel that it was worth it to go for higher end model...

my 2 paisa input...

FIAT's open up on power & mileage only when you clocked few thousand kms...

FIAT, always...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks