Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 10:39   #16
BHPian

Why not the Indigo CS ? It has space and is more over diesel powered ,suited for highway/city.Also falls within your budget.Also i feel that since i10 is powered by santro engine , it will be difficult for highway overtaking with A/C on. I have not tested it though.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:39   #17

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your responses !
I actually did look at Swift and Getz(1.3) , but I didn't like the looks of the Swift and thought that Getz was overpriced for the features that it offered.

I guess I am veering towards the UVA now because ultimately its a much bigger car than i10 and also I like the looks better
I'm planning to book it this weekend... On this topic again, can somebody give me the details of banks(contacts if any will he hugely apprecitated) that I can get in touch with for good car loans.. I am in talks with HDFC they are offering a decent deal right now ( No initial emi,2500 processing charges,2178 /lakh for 5 years)

Jazz
Old 11th June 2008, 16:12   #18
BHPian

You can also think about waiting for I20, Honda Jazz. And many more Hatches..
Old 23rd August 2008, 15:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

I had to make the same decision as you did :
the i10 1.2 magna versus UVA 1.2 LS

I decided in favour of the UVA too.
The deciding factors for the UVA:
Space and ride quality
Looks better
Discounts on the UVA
The manager of the showroom and I are good friends - we've jammed music together and hung out often!

The risks in my decision:
UVA is more expensive
The 1.2 kappa is a better engine apparently
The i10 is more peppy and has good interiors
Hyundai apparently has better A.S.service than Chevrolet (which is catching up)

The final decision factor was the "wow" expression when my wife saw the UVA and the space.

I guess the final choice is left to what you personally like and enjoy

I found the Swift was cramped in the rear, had poor interiors - much better power though.

Have you brought home your UVA as yet?
I'm looking at HDFC at finance (after some haggling with other banks etc ). Did you loan work out well with them?
Old 23rd August 2008, 17:17   #20
BHPian

I would pick swift anyday.
Thats just me.
Old 24th August 2008, 11:30   #21
BHPian

Do consider newly launched Indica Vista.
It is value for money and can provide space and comfort of UVA at a very less price.
Otherwise Palio MJD can also be considered.
Old 24th August 2008, 21:46   #22

Wise Choice Benji..

. I did go in for the UVA eventually and have not regretted it !! First and foremost the looks are just plain awesome, compared to a swift/getz. In the looks department i10 just doesn't measure up ( from my perspective) .. It just too small looking. But yes the new kappa engine does make it slightly enticing.
Also in Bangalore the *** from Vijai motors is really good ( while Sundaram is plain awful). For the loan part I went for HDFC, as I had the a salary account with them, they did offer me lower interest rate. Also the paper work was minimal, I never had to budge from my office, their sales guy came to me for everything. Just one thing here, negotiate with all the banks and then negotiate with the dealer's finance company (they'll surely bring down their interest rates ).
Old 25th August 2008, 21:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

To each his own. I am very comfortable with my decision to buy the UVA. The Vista launch made my heart skip a beat, but I'm still going ahead and buying the UVA. The launch of the Splash/A-star/i20 etc will just keep making the decision-making more and more difficult, but I guess when you test-drive the car your mind will decide (or like in my case my wife will clinch it!)
Old 26th August 2008, 11:02   #24
BHPian

If budget permits go for UVA

I have not driven i10. I have UVA, so trying enlighten those who are only making claims.

I dont know how many of those suggesting that UVA doesn't response on highways have actually driven UVA.

I have UVA LT with ABS and Airbag

The acceleration for City is real good.

Now Highway - I have done with AC on, 5 adult and full packed Boot on expressway 140 KMPH....which returned me FE of 14.xx

There was still some juice left. The car is very much Stable due to wide body and weight. The braking with 4 channel ABS is crisp.

City FE - 11.xx to 12.xx

The RPM easily goes over 4k mark.

The Suspension I think is best in class.

If you have budget and you can stretch a bit go for UVA LT with all safety features.

The A** is again debatable. I found Mumbai to be really good for GM A**.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I agree with Firebird. Eventhough I have not driven on highways, I was able to drive it on our outer ring roads on weekends. It does go well with AC on, but I should say that the initial pickup with AC on and 4 people is little less. But once you cross 40-50, you dont feel its sluggish.
In i10, I like only the interior looks. But again its not spacious as compared to the UVA, ANd that too with the 60-40 split, safety fetures in top end, its really a VFM.
Ahh, when will GM wake up and give a diesel heart to this VFM vehicle?
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:18   #26
BHPian

Hi! i am a UVA fan since its launch due to its unconventional and rugged lookgs but in all reviews i read about underpower on highways and slugggish pick up. I have M800 driven up to rohtang pass and aim to drive up to leh in near future so looking for powerful car with space and torque to jump up the hills. budget is up to 5-6 lac, can someone convince me about UVA for this duty, i am even ready to go ahead for PUNTO which looks to be a powerful and feature-full car (top version) what with blue & me etc. Do you thing PUNTO is really a full stop car at present-cant talk about future as the present is what matters,even VW polo will be a 1.2 engine and who knows what comes in future. Swift is now too old and boring and with long lead time to deliver. what do you guys suggest? what about XETA 1.2, just for 3 lac! it is so pocket friendly, will it do the duty up to Leh? PLS PLS ADVISE....
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't GM have a decent enough Diesel engine to plonk into the UVA - that would be awesome. The car is s p a c i o u s and well built, great ride quality and some nice service deals. I feel it looks a bit too plain for the segment where it is placed. The power is sufficient - where are we going to exploit the 150 - 200 BHP (coming from a vRS owner it sounds odd ).

It's a fantastic car , VFM.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:38   #28
BHPian

decision for UVA

[quote=BenjiRoss;949985]I had to make the same decision as you did :
the i10 1.2 magna versus UVA 1.2 LS

I decided in favour of the UVA too.
The deciding factors for the UVA:
Space and ride quality
Looks better
Discounts on the UVA
The manager of the showroom and I are good friends - we've jammed music together and hung out often!

The risks in my decision:
UVA is more expensive
Dear Benji i am not sure if the date of your mail is too old since your decision for UVA if it seemed OK at that time, it should now be more stronger now since i read UVA has dropped its base price to just 3.99 ON ROAD incld taxes etc. It seems to be an OK product, better & sturdy looking than any other common hatchbacks except may be Swift but that is more expensive, too common,has long waiting period and an odd looking broad rear but not as much space within. I am plannning in this fortnight to go ahead and after lot of research may be UVA will be my choice too, the other contender is Punto which also has its critics in all forums blaming for its sluggish pick up, less inner space, cheap looking interior although it looks largest externally. So all in all even the latest, most stunning looker also has its negatives which make choosing a car very tough; at one point i even thought of XETA 1.2 GLS being the cheapest of the lot, but now with UVA at 3.99 ON road i believe it is even a better choice over Xeta. What do the experts say?
Old 4th August 2009, 21:57   #29
BHPian

swift...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I would pick swift anyday.
Thats just me.
but waiting 2-3 months is too much, its not that great a vehicle to wait so long. At least in Delhi the waiting is this much, as i am told by one dealer.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:47   #30
BHPian

Just for the looks, I would pick the U-VA. It looks of a higher segment while costs a lower segment. Definitely a winner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks