Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 00:02   #16
BHPian

As people said all the problems isted are known ... and A.S.S from FIAT and Tata are also well known . So you decide wel if you can live with these problems .. If yes then go for linea.
Old 27th January 2009, 00:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Yes that certainly is a good FE figure. But many peole do not come close to that, In fact they crawl around the 8 - 9 kpl mark.

I am not a Swift owner so maybe I am wrong. I have heard many people complain about the Petrol FE.

The Diesel of course is a different story
I have never got 8-9kmpl, even with most spirited driving I manage 11kmpl with AC 100%, without AC spirited driving I manage 14 kmpl.
In City with sedate driving 13-14 are quite managable with 100% AC. But its very tough to be a sedate driver when NH8 is a part of your daily drive.... So I mostly manage 11 in summer and 14 in winters.
Old 27th January 2009, 10:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What really worries me is its longevity. The tailgate hinges are rusting, the windscreen wipers are rusting. I haven't seen like this since British cars in the 1950s!
Don't forget you're living in a coastal city.
When buying second hand, people in North India generally avoid cars from Bombay for the same reason.
Old 27th January 2009, 13:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

I used to be pretty unhappy with my Swift for about 3 months after I'd bought it. The transition from my Palio to the Swift was quite a bit tough on the solid-feel count. One month with the Swift had me almost insane with the rattles and iffy feel inside. The seats were very uncomfortable at first -- they still are, but I think my body has somewhat adjusted to the seats (!).

BUT, after 3 months, I began to appreciate the great handling, the rev-happy and responsive engine and the much better A.S.S. The car got damped well and worked on well by my installer and since then there have been close to zero rattles.

If we look at the bright side of the car and forget the bad sides, it is not a bad car to drive at all -- till the next rattle shows up.
Old 27th January 2009, 14:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhay,

60% is a very accurate figure of unhappiness. how did you come up with that figure?
Old 27th January 2009, 15:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Whilst it is true that I live in a coastal city, my parents in UK lived in a coastal village for forty years. PLenty of damp and salt in the air: their cars did not rust like the 1950s Fords did, at which time we lived far from the coast. Even London is only 50 miles from the sea.

Do Hondas rust in Chennai? If the answer to that is yes, then I think I'll just give up on car ownership and go back to haggling with auto drivers
Old 27th January 2009, 17:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do Hondas rust in Chennai? If the answer to that is yes, then I think I'll just give up on car ownership and go back to haggling with auto drivers
Well, I've seen a couple of threads about brand new NHCs with rusted parts--mostly those made of cast iron.
Old 27th January 2009, 17:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, it does. The salt in the damp air has is bad affects on the cast iron used in the car
Old 27th January 2009, 20:13   #24

how much FE you get in i10 ERA???
Old 28th January 2009, 02:14   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh dear; the replies do not cheer me up at all!

At least I can say one thing: at nearly two years, although a mere 8k km, it does not rattle. I'm lucky, at least in that respect, with my Swift.
Old 28th January 2009, 09:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Yes that certainly is a good FE figure. But many peole do not come close to that, In fact they crawl around the 8 - 9 kpl mark. I am not a Swift owner so maybe I am wrong. I have heard many people complain about the Petrol FE. The Diesel of course is a different story
Hey, that's an overstatement! I have never hit below 11KMPL in Bangalore's b2b traffic with AC and spirited driving! Many complain of poor FE because they compare it with the Diesel

Don't post hearsays... post only if you have an experience!
Old 28th January 2009, 09:48   #27
BHPian

Hi,

On 22nd i completed 2 yrs 23950 on odo with my swift, i regularly get 13km/l in city with 50% AC & 15.5 on highway-100% AC, i am not expriencing so much hyped rattling in my lovely swift, it's good to have such a hatch back around 5L with good After sales service.

Last edited by subbarao : 28th January 2009 at 09:50. Reason: spell checked
Old 28th January 2009, 10:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

ummm...

Quote:
Oh dear; the replies do not cheer me up at all!

At least I can say one thing: at nearly two years, although a mere 8k km, it does not rattle. I'm lucky, at least in that respect, with my Swift.
I've gotten 8400km in three months on ALL kinda roads, the car is completely noiseless, but driven hard on winding ghat roads with broken surface, the whole cabin makes noise from every possible corner - dash, sunvisor, door panels etc.

What can exactly be qualified as rattles - noises on no roads, or noises on decent roads?
Old 28th January 2009, 10:54   #29
Team-BHP Support

27,000 kms and 2 years in May 09, am happy with my swift! Rattles were well taken care at last service and holding good for last 2k kms. Front suspension bushes i suspect is at the end of its life, thanks to my kind of brutal driving (read as full flat out driving through craters), but a change of strut bush kit should bring her back to her prime, which will be done in 30k service. No part has fallen off till date, apart from few mud guard trim clips, surprisingly they also seem to stay in place since 20k kms LOL.

Everytime i take her out on a nice long trip, she brings a big grin on my face

So i am 98% satisfied with the car!
Old 28th January 2009, 12:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Ford havent rusted yet! Its 4 years old now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks