Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 18:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

i think the i10 has it , and so do the older indica *LX and indica vista

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th February 2009 at 18:17.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:25   #17
BHPian

Man, come out from Maruti & experience the Quality , comfort & Luxury with Hundai / Honda cars.
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:39   #18
BHPian

Finally got The ZXI

Hi,

Today I got the ZXI though initally i had planned to get the VXI+ABS but thanks to your inputs the ZXI was finalised. The deal was as following:

Loan Amount: 350000 (SBI)
Downpayment: 182000
Corporate Discount:10000
Total ---------------
The deal with true value was not working out so sole the old esteem too one of my friends for 90K.

Today in the morning I went to the maruti stock yard with the sales person to see if they have any white ZXI's as the dealer told that there are none available and he is trying to get it arranged. The only ZXI that was there out of 300 odd muddy cars was a Silky Silver and after talking to every dealer in gurgaon got the same answer that White ZXI will take atleast 30 days to be delivered so decided to pickup the Silver ZXI. I noted the chasi number in the yard to double check the car at the dealer end the dealer ordered the car to be delivered. Took the delivery after getting the finiance formalities done from SBI with a EMI of 7741/month for 5 years. SBI charges only 2% of the amount for preclosure withing the 50% of the tenure and nothing after that. The dealer gave me the standard Kit(Mud flaps + Floor Mats+ Steering Cover) + Gear Lock + figurine of Mata for the dashboard. I did try and get underbody coating and Teflon but in vain as they did not agree to give that for free. (Will get it done with the First Service. ).

First Drive: Had to rush to Office as was already late for work but the short drive to office was good:

Air Conditioning: It was a hot day today and the AC felt good (the AC on my esteem was not working so felt even better.) Im surely impresed by the climate control found it to be very conveniant.
Intigrated Music System on the ZXI did not seem to be very good but cannot say it's bad as well good enough for now though would prefer better speekers in the back.The Stering controls are one good thing to have.
The pickup is good though I do not plan to rev the car much till the first service though the AC did make it a bit slugish I found that before delivery and the dealer told me that the pickup will increase after the first service.

Sitting position:The seat was adjusted real high so had to lower it to stop my head from touching the roof though after the esteem even the lowest position felt a bit high. The heigh and steering adjustment surely will be a good thing for my wife as she used to strugle to get to the clutch on esteem.

Question: The date of manufacturing under the plastic cover says "C9" I think kit means March 09?

Will post pick soon.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
I have a 2001 Esteem VX in not so good condition- The Ac dose not work and there are rattles here and there. I am planning to buy a new swift Vxi with ABS here is the deal that I am getting:

Esteem 2001 2nd owner valued at Rs - 85000
Swift Vxi with ABS 481000
-----------
Exchange Bonus 10000
Corporate discount 10000
------------
Remaining Amount 376000
------------
Cash Payment 125000 -- Planing to pay cash
Finance (SBI @ 12 %) 251000 -- EMI 3 Years around 9000 PM.

Questions:
> Looks like a fair deal to me should I go for it or try and sell the Esteem outside though one of the local car dealer offered the same deal around 90K for the esteem ?
> Swift Vxi or Vxi +ABS (20K Difference) I mostly drive in the city(Gurgaon) + occasional highway trips, do I really need ABS ?
> Should I go for after market alloy wheels or buy the Zxi wheels for 22K + Bigger tyres( Will loose some money on the wheels from Vxi if bought from the dealer). Are the standard wheels good enough ?
>Not sure of the color short listing Grey or white (dont like to be the center of attention).

Rajnish

If you want to buy the Original ZXi alloys, I am selling mine. They cost 25k at the dealership, needless to say I'd be giving them much cheaper. They are put up in the "classifieds"

So you can save money, buy the VXi with ABS plonk the OE alloys & pronto you have (nearly) the ZXi

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
If you want to buy the Original ZXi alloys, I am selling mine. They cost 25k at the dealership, needless to say I'd be giving them much cheaper. They are put up in the "classifieds"

So you can save money, buy the VXi with ABS plonk the OE alloys & pronto you have (nearly) the ZXi

Cheers
ricky he already got the ZXI

Congrats Rajnish
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

Congrats Rajnish

Oh so sorry for the oversight !!

Congrats Rajnish on picking up a VFM car !!

Enjoy !

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:44   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

Congrats Rajnish
And even otherwise VXi + Alloys not almost equal to ZXi

The main difference betwen VXi & Zxi isn't the alloys.

There are other more important stuff in ZXi
- Airbags
- Rear window defogger & wiper

Other than that, ZXi also has climate control.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:40   #23
BHPian

Thanks Guys,

Two questions:
The car dose not seem to accelerate very smoothly through the second gear though all other gears are ok. Is it a diffrent gear ratio.I felt that atleast thrice in the last 150KM's ?

Sadly the ZXI dose not come with side and bumper mouldings, should I buy these from the dealer or open market. How dose the moulding stick to the side ?

What seat covers are good for the Swift and what price ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks