Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 16:09   #1
BHPian

Buying Swift in exchange of Esteem

I have a 2001 Esteem VX in not so good condition- The Ac dose not work and there are rattles here and there. I am planning to buy a new swift Vxi with ABS here is the deal that I am getting:

Esteem 2001 2nd owner valued at Rs - 85000
Swift Vxi with ABS 481000
-----------
Exchange Bonus 10000
Corporate discount 10000
------------
Remaining Amount 376000
------------
Cash Payment 125000 -- Planing to pay cash
Finance (SBI @ 12 %) 251000 -- EMI 3 Years around 9000 PM.

Questions:
> Looks like a fair deal to me should I go for it or try and sell the Esteem outside though one of the local car dealer offered the same deal around 90K for the esteem ?
> Swift Vxi or Vxi +ABS (20K Difference) I mostly drive in the city(Gurgaon) + occasional highway trips, do I really need ABS ?
> Should I go for after market alloy wheels or buy the Zxi wheels for 22K + Bigger tyres( Will loose some money on the wheels from Vxi if bought from the dealer). Are the standard wheels good enough ?
>Not sure of the color short listing Grey or white (dont like to be the center of attention).

Rajnish

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 9th February 2009 at 16:16. Reason: HTML
Old 9th February 2009, 16:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

man,
you are getting very good price for your esteem.
last month, my friend got 2003 esteem for 85k.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
I have a 2001 Esteem VX in not so good condition- The Ac dose not work and there are rattles here and there. I am planning to buy a new swift Vxi with ABS here is the deal that I am getting:

Esteem 2001 2nd owner valued at Rs - 85000
Swift Vxi with ABS 481000
-----------
Exchange Bonus 10000
Corporate discount 10000
------------
Remaining Amount 376000
------------
Cash Payment 125000 -- Planing to pay cash
Finance (SBI @ 12 %) 251000 -- EMI 3 Years around 9000 PM.

Questions:
> Looks like a fair deal to me should I go for it or try and sell the Esteem outside though one of the local car dealer offered the same deal around 90K for the esteem ?
> Swift Vxi or Vxi +ABS (20K Difference) I mostly drive in the city(Gurgaon) + occasional highway trips, do I really need ABS ?
> Should I go for after market alloy wheels or buy the Zxi wheels for 22K + Bigger tyres( Will loose some money on the wheels from Vxi if bought from the dealer). Are the standard wheels good enough ?
>Not sure of the color short listing Grey or white (dont like to be the center of attention).

Rajnish
If you don't like rattles, per the general perception here, don't buy a Swift.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
If you don't like rattles, per the general perception here, don't buy a Swift.

Never met anybody who likes rattels in their car but im shore will rattel less than my 8+ years old esteem, Driven like a rally car all over Himachal my home state. + the suspention rattel + Left door rattel + the boot rattel and I can go on. Looks like its a good time to sell the car though the engine and gearbox are perfect and gives me a FE of around 14 in the city but the car is old and I dont feel like spending much time and money on the car + it may not fetch me even 50K after a year. Not shore wht else to buy under 5L, dont like Hyundai cars much TATA cars are out of question.
Old 9th February 2009, 17:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rattles on Swift can be fixed with a help of a good mechanic in MASS. I have fixed mine long back and has not given any issues henceforth. Even if there are minor rattles surfacing later the same can be fixed very easily by MASS. I didn't find that an issue at all.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Rattles on Swift can be fixed with a help of a good mechanic in MASS. I have fixed mine long back and has not given any issues henceforth. Even if there are minor rattles surfacing later the same can be fixed very easily by MASS. I didn't find that an issue at all.
Good to know that. I have zerod down to the Swift and thats final. Just wondering if I am getting a good deal and my confusion about the version ABS/non ABS and about the tyres and wheels I should go for.

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 9th February 2009 at 19:53. Reason: spelings
Old 10th February 2009, 09:39   #7
BHPian

If your budget permits, get the Zxi; owning a Swift Vxi non-ABS, I have many times repented for not picking up the Zxi for the ABS, Airbags for safety, ACC, rear wipers, driver seat height adjust for comfort.

Quote:
Good to know that. I have zerod down to the Swift and thats final. Just wondering if I am getting a good deal and my confusion about the version ABS/non ABS and about the tyres and wheels I should go for.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
If your budget permits, get the Zxi; owning a Swift Vxi non-ABS, I have many times repented for not picking up the Zxi for the ABS, Airbags for safety, ACC, rear wipers, driver seat height adjust for comfort.
I'd second this. For the price difference between the VXi ABS and ZXi, you get a hell lot more that its worth.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

If not Swift ZXI go for VXI+ABS. ABS is a must. go for it. I tried getting a VDI+ABS during launch and Maruti didn't promise me delivery for 4-6 months. Hence had to go for non ABS version. I still repent it.

ABS helps more in city driving than in highway. Urgent breaking conditions come up more often in city driving than in highways.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:37   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Swift choice between the versions is pretty simple.

In my opinion, there are 3 choices - LXI, VXI-ABS & ZXI.
- No point in going for just VXI - you can instead get the LXI & get everything else in the VXI aftermarket at a cheaper rate.
- Go for VXI-ABS if you want ABS.
- Go for ZXI if you want ABS, Airbags & rear window wiper & defogger.
- If you don't want to any of these go for LXI.

Personally, I would go for a ZXI - i repent buying a VXI-ABS, instead of
the ZXI.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:41   #11
BHPian

I guess its luck of maybe its the way my dad drives and keeps her pampered. (nope he is not the type "I will not go beyond 60" , he drives fast but only if the road permits and takes much care on broken road sections)

Swift VDi July 2008, 10k Kms +

Till date no rattles.

Go for the VDi and ABS if you really want it.
I agree its added safety and all that, but I will do the braking and I do not want any computer doing it for me.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:50   #12
BHPian

Zxi looks like a better deal..

Well make complete sence to go for the ZXI as even if I add alloy wheels + stereo/Speekers + Remote locking it will set me back by minimum 25+10+5 = 40 K and the diffrence between Vxi+ABS and ZXI is 60 K and the car will have climate control+ airbags + Steering mounted audio control + better interiors + defogger + Rear Wiper + Tiltable steering etc.. Good deal for the rest 20-25 K. I started from Lxi around 4.3L but did not like the interior and features then thought of Vxi 4.6L good deal, thought of ABS for just 20K more and now going to Zxi 5.4L so over running the budget by 1.1L I still feel it will be worth the money as I will not have to go for after market alloy wheels + Remote locking etc.Well looks like i am going to get the ZXI I will wait for some more time like a month and pay off the extra 60K cash and leave the loan amount low.

Off Topic: When I am shooting 5.5L what other options do I have with the same budget ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Swift choice between the versions is pretty simple.

In my opinion, there are 3 choices - LXI, VXI-ABS & ZXI.
- No point in going for just VXI - you can instead get the LXI & get everything else in the VXI aftermarket at a cheaper rate.
- Go for VXI-ABS if you want ABS.
- Go for ZXI if you want ABS, Airbags & rear window wiper & defogger.
- If you don't want to any of these go for LXI.

Personally, I would go for a ZXI - i repent buying a VXI-ABS, instead of
the ZXI.

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 11th February 2009 at 17:52. Reason: content
Old 11th February 2009, 17:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

the L*I series dont have a tacho. You'll miss that a lot
Old 11th February 2009, 17:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

85k for a fully abused non AC 2001 esteem is a good price. Maruti generally gives a little bit above the local dealer.
Old 11th February 2009, 18:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Off Topic: When I am shooting 5.5L what other options do I have with the same budget ?
At this budget you'll get the base versions of the i20 and Fabia. The top end Asta version of the i10.

And a few entry level sedans too - Logan, CS, Ikon etc etc.

I did some research before buying the ZXi. And if you can afford it, there is no better petrol car at that price segment. And plus the rear wiper will make sure there is some exclusivity in Indian roads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks