Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 21:04   #1
BHPian

Indica Vista Anniversary or Getz CRDi

HI Guys,

I am interested in buying a new car for my dad. He was driving Indica 2005 till now which was sold off today.

We are interested in buying Vista limited edition. My requirements are good fuel efficiency and really good after sales service with good quality control.

Tata's *** has not been that impressive but I can live with it as we did for last 4 years. I was about to book one today, but then a wild thought crossed my mind.

I called up Hyundai to find out if there are any Getz CRDI available with discounts. And yes there is one available with a good discount. The car is available for Rs 5.75 lacs. Hence I am in a dilema - Should I go for Indica Vista or Getz

My requirements remains the same. - Fuel efficiency of diesel (15kms is expected), *** and quality. Kindly suggest at the earliest.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 10th February 2009, 21:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

You need to go through this thread, and I am sure you'll get your answer:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-l-budget.html.

If you are still confused after that, we can have a discussion going here again!
Old 10th February 2009, 21:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
HI Guys,

I am interested in buying a new car for my dad. He was driving Indica 2005 till now which was sold off today.

We are interested in buying Vista limited edition. My requirements are good fuel efficiency and really good after sales service with good quality control.

Tata's *** has not been that impressive but I can live with it as we did for last 4 years. I was about to book one today, but then a wild thought crossed my mind.

I called up Hyundai to find out if there are any Getz CRDI available with discounts. And yes there is one available with a good discount. The car is available for Rs 5.75 lacs. Hence I am in a dilema - Should I go for Indica Vista or Getz

My requirements remains the same. - Fuel efficiency of diesel (15kms is expected), *** and quality. Kindly suggest at the earliest.

Regards,
Kailash
Dear Kailash

How long do you plan to use it?
How important is the resale value?
Do you need a bigger boot or a smaller one suffices?
How important is A.S.S?

Well if you plan to use it for another 4 years and expect a good resale value and boot is not that important and want a cheap route of A.S.S - then the only car that comes to mind is the Swift VDI.

It will work out around 5.55-5.95 INR OTR (for diff states) - is trouble free, proven, really really fun to drive, great FE (15km + in city and I got 21+ on the hwy once).

A.S.S = Maruti: need i say more.

Add some good alloys and upsize the tyres - if you and your dad are driving enthus (mine is) - you would fall in love with the Swift. Give it a shot.

PS: The Getz CRDI is awesome and has got good power delivery and a sort of refined drive too - but hyundai service can never match the Maruti network, price of spare parts is comparitively expensive and resale value will be lower after 4 years IMHO for a similarly aged car. BTW the dealer is selling you a old car (i.e. manufactured in 2008 at least) - check it out.
Old 10th February 2009, 21:54   #4
BHPian

Hi,

I am not looking for a resale for my car as this will be the last car that I am buying for my parents. Most probably any car change that will happen will happen for me only. Like I plan to change my baleno to Safari or something that is huge. But coming back to the current choices, I am looking for a car which has good built quality and low waiting. Swift is out of contention because of the fact that there is 6 months waiting, which I am not interested in.

Hence my choice is now restricted to Vista limited editon or Getz.

About the car, yes it is true that the car is 2008 nov manufactured. So kinldy suggest should I take that car if resale is not a question. What is the FE for Getz CRDI and also how good is the build quality.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am not looking for a resale for my car as this will be the last car that I am buying for my parents. Most probably any car change that will happen will happen for me only. Like I plan to change my baleno to Safari or something that is huge. But coming back to the current choices, I am looking for a car which has good built quality and low waiting. Swift is out of contention because of the fact that there is 6 months waiting, which I am not interested in.

Hence my choice is now restricted to Vista limited editon or Getz.

About the car, yes it is true that the car is 2008 nov manufactured. So kinldy suggest should I take that car if resale is not a question. What is the FE for Getz CRDI and also how good is the build quality.
Getz - you will be looking at anywhere between 12-14 in city and 17-18 in highway. The build quality is pretty good for the Getz actually (in comparison to the Swift) - and since its for your parents (I overlooked this point) - go for the Getz. IMHO its actually easier for the older folk to drive the Getz and looks fit in easily.

Swift is fun with a higher FE but its prone to rattles (like any Maruti) - but can be fixed. A.S.S is cheaper.

Update: Waiting period is down to 10-14 workign days now in Pune. Recession seems to be the cause- its on a made to order basis. Placing order - data to Maruti (2 days) - shipment starts (7 days) - order received in Pune/Mumbai (2-3 days) - checkup & registration (1-2 days).

Heart says go for the Swift - but IMHO the getz is a better choice. Throttle the Hyundai sales guy for a higher discount though.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the FE for Getz CRDI and also how good is the build quality.
Same as Verna CRDi and build is anyday better than Swift and Indica Vista.
Old 10th February 2009, 23:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think you should get him the Vista. Its got better space and a real good suspension that gives you a comfortable ride. Since you have been with TATA i guess you can cope with its service. It gives a F.E around 16-20 which would be better than the Getz.

The Getz is really powerful but dont think your dad would really enjoy that much of power. Moreover this piece being put up with the dealers for so long has every chance of being abused. No sales man would treat such a powerful car with care if he tends to get his hands on it.
Old 11th February 2009, 00:39   #8
BHPian

I'll say you go for Gets. You already had enough TATA for 4 yrs.

Gets is more refined & trouble free compare to TATA.

Getz has solid built quality, solid power, nice interior space & decent FE.

Your dad will love it.

You can go for Hundai's Extended warranty (upto 5 yrs!, if available) & have complete peace of mind.

So say TATA to TATA (to his average built cars & poor ***) and close the deal on Getz (for silk smooth trouble free next 5 years.!)
Old 11th February 2009, 13:46   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Though I love the Indica Vista, and all that it offers in Quadrajet guise, this time I will have to recommend the Getz CRDi. It is better put together, has enough interior space, respectable ride quality AND is an absolute stonker in any parameter of performance (0 - 100, mid-range, efficiency etc.).
Old 11th February 2009, 13:50   #10
BHPian

Why not the Ikon D? Its pretty nice to drive too.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Unless your Dad is looking for a diesel stonker, I'd suggest the Indica Vista Anniversary Edition - a logical upgrade.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Getz/Swift D - "really good after sales service with good quality control." rules Tata out. Unless you have Autolinks type station nearby.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:16   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys,

We had a TD on Vista today and now I am going in for the TD of Getz. My heart is moving towards Getz but then I may buy a car which my dad feels comfortable with. Yes the problem of A.S.S is there for TATA and hence I am just hoping he likes Getz.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 11th February 2009, 17:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Getz won't fit in for your requirements. This car is an absolute highway mile muncher but in city traffic your parents could have a hard time driving it.
Old 11th February 2009, 19:39   #15
BHPian

KPzen, I think you are driving CRDI Getz and hence that mean you will know about the car better. So tell me how much fe do you get and also how is the performance of the car.

I will wait for your input.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks