Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Swift VDI (ABS) is a good buy. I’ve seen verna-CRDI-SX-ABS for sale in carwale form 6-7L.found this could be wise buy. But you need to be patient enough to get one.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:25   #32
BHPian

i am also in the same dilemma as u mate!!. planned to buy i20 and booked it ( asta sparkle blue ) on feb 2nd. but now cancelled it as the dealer said the asta model wouldn be out until april end. its definitely worth a buy if u can wait. but in may honda jazz may be released so i tjink it would be a better option if u can wait a little more

i agree zxi has a lot more features than vdi. vdi has a great engine and a good FE. but zxi doesnt lag far behind either. the swift has a 1.3 l engine when compared to i20 1.2 l engine. more power and a great response too. in addition maruti cars can be repaired in every nook and corner in india and not hyundai.

my choice

if u need comfort go for the petrol zxi ( fully loaded ) ( even has a socket in dicky for a fridge if u need one)
for good performance anf FE swift vdi

Quote:
I feel fabia is not a VFM car.
true true its daylight roberry

but if u can wait like me id prefer to check out grande punto and jazz
Old 5th March 2009, 01:32   #33
BHPian

I think it would be wiser to wait for the jazz and punto than crying later thinking why I didn't wait.
Old 9th March 2009, 00:53   #34
BHPian

went to a nearby Honda dealer today and she told me that jazz will be out in June and would be priced around 5-6L . I am not sure about the price range she quoted. seems highly unlikely to be priced at that level.
Old 9th March 2009, 11:21   #35
BHPian

i think you should TD a vista aurajet ! i loved the new looks.(though cannot comment on the drive etc). Tata should be given a thought.. they are changing. i see little difference in the looks of the Grande Punto and the new vista.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
i think you should TD a vista aurajet ! i loved the new looks.(though cannot comment on the drive etc). Tata should be given a thought.. they are changing. i see little difference in the looks of the Grande Punto and the new vista.
Thats very true.. I appreciate the way Tata cars have been shaping up lately. And not just the design, I think the Vista is good on performance because of the quadrajet engine. And dont forget the robustness required for indian roads. With 4.5 - 5 lakhs in your kitty, you can go for the highest Vista variant that gives you airbags, ABS, bluetooth, awesome space and volume, etc. And if you can save a lakh, why not !

Jazz and Fabia are there with features .. but they somehow dont give the feeling of being worth the penny. I mean 7.5 lakhs for a hatch?

@manujkansal : If you have already bought the car, would love to know what was the final call.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

From my experience with Indica and my relative's experience with Indigo, I think Tata cars are actually GREAT!

But the problems start coming up AFTER you leave the car for service. It seems that the people who work at the service center are shockingly ignorant. They learn on your car, or rather I should say they try. That is exactly what makes buying Tata cars a risky affair. With Fiat cars it is worse just for this reason.

I had a chat with one of the Tata service advisors. The problem is there is no employee satisfaction. They are paid not much, growth aspects are gloomy and there is some limited scope only for the so-called "seniors" who joined ages back and refuse to let the newcomers learn anything. Also, every time I go to the service center there is someone new, and in many cases the person who dealt with me the previous time is not there. It seems that the "seniors" who joined when the dealership was started, stick back. The others just come and leave. Attrition seems to be high.

If Tata learnt to manage service centers like Maruti, especially w.r.t knowledge sharing and employee satisfaction, then Tata can completely swallow Maruti's market share IMHO.

But that aint gonna happen.
Old 28th April 2010, 23:00   #38
BHPian

Why don't you try beat man..lot of features for a lesser cost
Old 29th April 2010, 02:13   #39
BHPian

You guys have just brought up a dead thread. Please try to see date on last few posts before replying.
Old 29th April 2010, 08:03   #40
BHPian

As per your car usage monthly drive is approximately 1400km. 50km per day. I think 50km too less for a diesel car. Where you will be paying at least one lakh more for the car. In this stop and go traffic I would suggest go for petrol. Honda jazz its roomy, light to handle the car, reliable , big boot space. modern diesel cars still are not vibration free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks