Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 15:50   #31
BHPian

I would suggest a 2001 or 2002 Honda City. Great Value for money, low running costs.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
CarWale CarValue : 2001 Honda City 1.5 EXi in Chennai (85K odo)

If you are buying a car
Individual Value
Car Condition Excellent Good Fair Car Value (Rs.) 2,98,500 2,84,200 2,68,500 Dealer Value*
Car Condition Excellent Good Fair Car Value (Rs.) 3,10,500 2,90,000 2,71,500

So, try to negotiate on 2.4-2.5 & close the deal around 2.6.

Thank you very much, I will take this as a base value for my purchase.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
I would suggest that you can go for an ESTEEM, even though it is discontinued, there are enough stocks of spares around. Its is a very low maintenance car, light weight and if you put an LPG kit, it will be cheaper to run. Also, you can get a 2005 esteem easily in that price.

Issues with esteem will be that it has low seating and seems a bit fragile; but it will more or less make it up with the low ownership cost and efficiency.
+1 to that ! Have owned one since the past 14 years, done more than a lakh on it and it's still eager and ever willing. Not much spent by way of maintenance either except the regular services, oil changes, suspension and brake overhauls.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:47   #34
BHPian

Registration title

Guys,
I guess the deal is through, but the owner informed me that he has an NOC from the Bank for selling the car, but the title in the Reg.certificate has to be updated. As this is my first purchase, I just wanted to ask a few questions,
1. Will the Reg.Certificate hold the details as to if the car was purchased on loan?
2. Once the loan is paid off, should the Reg.Certificate be updated with the details that the loan is paid off?
What exactly should I look for in the Reg.Certificate to make sure the loan has been paid off by the previous owner?
Please help me guys.
Old 14th April 2009, 18:40   #35
BHPian

congratz cruiser !

yeah..the registration certificate ( R C book) as well as the insurance note will show hypothecation on the name of the bank from which the vehicle has been financed

once the loan is paid of bank will give a NOC which means that there is no hypothication and also a form 30or60 i dont exactly remember which bears the signatures of the financing institution and the first owner.
Old 14th April 2009, 19:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Indica diesel is good. Try and get the Turbo or the Dicor if possible. They 're powerful, good to drive and will give you a smile on your face.
Maintenance won't be expensive and being a Tata, it will be easier to repair anywhere in the country.

Wagon R, Santro etc.. comes next. They're also easy on pocket and spacious enough to fit you in. Lots of CNG/LPG kits are available if you want to go that way.

Stay away from Palios. You'll get them very dirt cheap for 1 lac etc.. for petrol 1.2 versions. But the neighbourhood mechanic will be smiling all the way to his bank every time he sees your car.
Palio D will be available for something around your budget. But they'll be more big a trouble to maintain.
Maybe you would also like to mention the number of times a Tata car goes to the workshop vis a vis the Palio. To give some perspective, I have owned Palio 1.2 for 7 years now and its gone to the workshop only once for a fan belt issue apart from regular services. The Tata cars have continual niggling issues which are a pain for a regular office-goer ! As for spares, the Palio spares costs have reduced considerably...
Old 16th April 2009, 14:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz cruiser !

yeah..the registration certificate ( R C book) as well as the insurance note will show hypothecation on the name of the bank from which the vehicle has been financed

once the loan is paid of bank will give a NOC which means that there is no hypothication and also a form 30or60 i dont exactly remember which bears the signatures of the financing institution and the first owner.
Thanks man. The R.C is currently with the agent and I should get the car, once the change in R.C is done.Should probably get the car this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks