Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 16:04   #61
BHPian

well just to breif ... it all started after i drove a few zens and Palio GTx's, though the GTX's were pretty abused, once i floored the gas pedal, it just took off..you know "it packed a 100 kg punch " wow , i felt what ever be it , bad fiat/tata A.S.S poor mileage , bad reviews am goin to have one for these "pocket tanks".
Well no offence to Zen lovers ( its great in its own league) , but these 1.6 beasts were just from another planet , honestly Zen's felt like vegetables, i had a wicked grin on my face every time i drove a 1.6.

This was the easy part , now began the wild goose chase, I just couldnt find a good specimen, some were rusted , some were just junk metal,though i likes a red GTX SP but the owner was asking a bomb and i was shorty on cash. But i held on till i found this piece of yellow beauty, love at first sight, reaching their was bit eventful , mumbaikars must be knowning long taxi ride from Bandra to Vashi ( thought i would catch a train from Kurla , but sundays are mega blocks), scorching heat, just on one piece of bread since morning I managed to get to their, and ohh yes it was worth it.
With me were two gentlemen from Veri car ( Jayesh & Kartik) great guys they were really of great help, I took their help to check our few cars ( I would post a seperate reviwe of Vericar , with their report cards.

Once I drove it for 2 minutes I knew what wanted, i was just too good, but being a typical middle-class guy I tried my best to negotiate but I just gave in to what the owner wanted, and here we go we have a Deal !!!

Now about the beast , it stands tall on 4 brand new Micheline's, drinks Mobile 1 , has done about 70k and was born some where Nov-03, descent interiors ( but no head unit) , every thing else was just perfect ( Though their are some kinda cracking of colour on the body line- would need all your help to redo that) !

Am just waiting , 2 more days and i post pictures and a more elaborate experience.

Last edited by karizma_devil : 15th June 2009 at 16:09.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:15   #62
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Amit's S10 is /was on for sale - is it the same car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post

Now about the beast , it stands tall on 4 brand new Micheline's, drinks Mobile 1 , has done about 70k and was born some where Nov-03, descent interiors ( but no head unit) , every thing else was just perfect ( Though their are some kinda cracking of colour on the body line- would need all your help to redo that) !
My guess is that it is Amit's car. AFAIK, his car is on Michelins, mobil1 and has crossed 70K
Old 15th June 2009, 16:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
But i held on till i found this piece of yellow beauty, love at first sight, reaching their was bit eventful , mumbaikars must be knowning long taxi ride from Bandra to Vashi ( thought i would catch a train from Kurla , but sundays are mega blocks), scorching heat, just on one piece of bread since morning I managed to get to their, and ohh yes it was worth it.

Wild guess, is that Amit's Palio S10 you talking about?
Old 16th June 2009, 11:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

oh come on KDevil! it is a great car for sure especially when it is maintained so well

@ JVH & Rudra -

Amit's car is not there in the classified section ... (smiles again)
Old 16th June 2009, 14:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Congrats KDevil on acquisition of a S10.

I'm sure you'll enjoy owning the beast
Old 17th June 2009, 20:39   #66
BHPian

Got the car guys ... great drive from vashi to thane .. car at Tata-fiat workshop for some minor repairs ,wash , polishing .. would post pictures soon.

Mods please edit the thread name : bought S 10
Old 17th June 2009, 23:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car guys ... great drive from vashi to thane .. car at Tata-fiat workshop for some minor repairs ,wash , polishing .. would post pictures soon.

Mods please edit the thread name : bought S 10
Congrats man. Keen to see your new and desired possession.
Old 18th June 2009, 15:17   #68
BHPian

Congrats dude, an excellent car to buy. Enjoy your drive
Old 24th June 2009, 10:22   #69
BHPian

Thanks a lot all you guys ... am very happy with my yellow machine !

I owe you all ..

Mods if it is possible to shift this to initial-ownership thread else you can close this thread

Cheers !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks