Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 18:38   #1

Ritz diesel or Getz CRDi

Hello Guys,

I am planning to buy a diesel car. I would like to know whether i should get a Getz CRDi which has actually dropped its price to 4.99 lakhs exshowroom.. My other option is to buy a Ritz diesel.

getz offers a 1.5 engine at a reduced price now. But probably may go out of production soon. Also the mileage compared to the Ritz is low.. I am also not aware of the real mileage you get on a Getz diesel. Any inputs on that???

By the Ritz has a good mileage and good power also. How would you compare these two?? Even the extra bhp and Nm you get for Getz, can i make it up with a Pete's probably in the future.

Which is the better engine? CRDi or multijet. I have heard that multijet is a next generation to CRDi from fiat. Is that correct???? Expecting serious inputs on mileage also on Getz and Ritz diesel.....

I am in a fix now... :-(
Old 11th June 2009, 18:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

if you are a crazy driver as your name implies, get the getz crdi. If you find it hard getting a test drive, try pming dragsterr. he might offer you a ride

what are you looking for in a car?

practical family hatch = ritz/vista quadrajet
sporty hatch = swift/getz
Old 11th June 2009, 19:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is the CRDI variant of the Getz for 4.99
Confirm with the showroom first.
I think thats the 1.1L variant.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:34   #4

greenhorn,

How do you think a Pete's would improve the performance of the Ritz.. When i see the engine specs i feel the mileage drops down a bit steep even though a spike is there in the engine torque and power, in comparison for getz. W

hy does such a mileage diff come?? Both weigh somewhat equally. if i can squeeze the torque to get the maximum mileage how do you think i will manage?? If it is a car galloping like anything and i have to break or down shift too often, to contain it, that is too much torque for me. That is a waste of fuel too. Dont get me wrong, I wanna drive crazy for sure, but i just wanna get the best bet.

I test drove the Ritz and it reached the 100 mark like that (*snap*) If you keep it in 2000 -3500 rpms it will fly. But after 110 there was a bit slowdown in terms of torque. I havent yet taken a test drive on Getz. but considering all these what would you say???
Old 11th June 2009, 19:40   #5

Abhinav,

it is the CRDi variant itself. I couldnt believe it too. Wanna make some quick decisions??? I checked with the showroom too.

Last edited by crazy_driver : 11th June 2009 at 19:55.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Is the CRDI variant of the Getz for 4.99
Confirm with the showroom first.
I think thats the 1.1L variant.
Please check this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hennai-10.html

1.1 variant is 3.99 ex-showroom, I am getting a CRDi delivered next week - at 4.99 ex-showroom...
Old 11th June 2009, 20:42   #7
BHPian

Go for the Swift or the Ritz as Getz has nothing new to offer. It would have a low resale value and parts would to be tough to procure in the future.
Old 11th June 2009, 20:44   #8
BHPian

im in same fix

ritz vdi or swift vdi or getz crdi.

And also please suggest a color in getz. I have already a white swift vdi in my house & really satisfied with the car except rattles. this time i may try getz@4.99 Please suggest a color, i liked the pearl blue but takes lot of time for delivery.. I waited for jazz, but not buying it..

Last edited by west : 11th June 2009 at 20:46.
Old 11th June 2009, 20:53   #9
BHPian

If it is between Swift and Getz; go for Swift. If it is Ritz and Getz; Getz gets my vote. I some how dont like the looks of Ritz at all. Getz, I discussed pretty much every where, is a pleasure to drive and own.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Are you one of those who likes to hit the highways often and blistering performance is your *top* priority ?
Do you intend to keep the car for long and don't car much about the resale/availability of spares ?

If yes, go for the Getz.

Otherwise, Ritz is a fine all rounder, a competitive and modern hatchback suited for both city and highway stints. Comes with Maruti's peace of mind too.

Last edited by DCEite : 11th June 2009 at 21:16.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
im in same fix

ritz vdi or swift vdi or getz crdi.

And also please suggest a color in getz. I have already a white swift vdi in my house & really satisfied with the car except rattles. this time i may try getz@4.99 Please suggest a color, i liked the pearl blue but takes lot of time for delivery.. I waited for jazz, but not buying it..
Since you already have a swift,you can go ahead with the ritz vdi if looks is not an issue.

Otherwise Getz CRDi is a great deal.
Its just that getz maybe discontinued anytime after the launch of i20 crdi expected late this year.Getz also has poor resale value.

If you want a boot then you can go for the dzire as well.You'll get the Ldi in your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_driver View Post
Hello Guys,

By the Ritz has a good mileage and good power also. How would you compare these two?? Even the extra bhp and Nm you get for Getz, can i make it up with a Pete's probably in the future.

I am in a fix now... :-(
pete's would make it 92bhp i suppose.Because its 92bhp for swift and both of them share the same engine.
Btw you aint you considering the swift ?

Last edited by k2max6 : 11th June 2009 at 21:31. Reason: Content Addition
Old 11th June 2009, 22:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

buy getz CRDi.

MJD is quite a boring engine for most city drives. The turbo is frankly non-linear and you'd actually enjoy a i10 1.2 for the revving you can do.

But if you have spare cash, Getz it if you can.
Old 12th June 2009, 08:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

If you are a crazy driver & need a devil:Getz-CRDI is a stonker of machine.
Normal economical driver with resale value & festures:Ritz or Swift.
Getz is scary @ high speeds & lack of ABS & Airbags.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:10   #14
BHPian

My Getz CRDi consistently gives me 15 kmpl in city and some bit of highway driving.
If you ask me, the Getz is something to be driven and experienced than going by reviews or opinions. If you are someone who can judge the limits of a car, go for a Getz. Coz you need a lot of judgement to control an engine that powerful. It is a car that will behave well if you know how to handle it. Everything said and done, the engine is still an overkill for a hatch. But who cares?
If it is mostly family and city use, get the Ritz.
Old 12th June 2009, 10:02   #15
BHPian

I own a diesel car and bought so when prices of petrol was around 60. Having said that, now realized I am never going to recover the premium that I paid for a diesel engine. As my daily commute are not long enough.

So my humble suggestion would be consider how much will be your daily/monthly millage and are you going to save money before you change your car. You also need to consider depreciation value and maintenance(which may be less for a petrol).

Personally I will go with Swift as it well trusted on roads of India and abroad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks