Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 06:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

Statements like above should be backed with concrete proof. WHile GM may have many problems in their company structure very few companies can handle a parent company's bankruptcy like GM India did.
This is not a court of law, is it? And handling the bankruptcy well is one thing, let us remember why the need for the handling arose in the first place. Because of the fact of the bankruptcy!
I think that what people are pointing out here is the need for buyers to be aware of the situation, and this is the purpose of fora such as these. So buyers can make informed judgements. As I did when I bought the Spark this month.
Also, from what I have read on the forum, GMI too did not cover themselves in glory from the way they have handled Matiz customers in India. That is disappointing to read, even more so when the upgraded model is in the line up. Also, from what I read here, Fiat are not looking after the Palio as well as they are looking after the Linea and the Punto. If true, this is even more shocking, after all they are still selling the Palio!
Old 27th July 2009, 11:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

I booked Spark LT Blazing red yesterday
Old 27th July 2009, 14:29   #48
BHPian

Hi archat68, sorry I missed this thread earlier. I have been using spark PS past 5 months and already clocked 3200kms with couple of long drives to Bandipur, Yelagiri, Mysore etc. To be frank I am very much satisfied with the performance of the car. The power you get in 2nd and 3rd gear is amazing and thats very much required for the city use. I get FE around 14 (city) and 17 (highway) and my first service is due in August.

Customer service (Sundaram Motors, Bangalore) during my reassurance checkup was great. They heard all my concerns and promptly worked on it.

Only thing I was worried while buying a Chevy was about the resale value. Then I thought why would I sell it for next 7-8 years if its performing well. After that I am not worried about the resale value.
If you have Spark in your mind and not able to decide, then stop thinking and got for it. Trust me you will not regret.

I have the sales guy number who really gave me a very good service during my purchase. Please let me know if you need his details.

Hi Latheesh, congrats on your booking.
Old 27th July 2009, 15:06   #49
BHPian

excellent choice Latheesh ; I will be expecting an entire review with loads of pictures for this cutie. Make sure you post. When are you getting delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I booked Spark LT Blazing red yesterday
Old 27th July 2009, 16:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks rabnawaz_b, Takumi-san!! I could not reject the deal I got!!!;-)))

I am expecting it within a week time.
Somehow I do not like the new beige interior, looks very good with red exterior but maintaining it will be a tough task. need expert adv

Following accessories are planned
-AutoCOP
-Seat cover/Steering wheel cover (after few days/weeks)
-Stereo (budget 12K - need adv)
-Sunfilm
-Under body coating - Is it really required?

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th July 2009 at 16:35.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
But in Idia Maruti-Suzuki is rocking. Just saw their Q1FY2010 results. They have posted record sales and profits. They are doing highest ever sales month-on-month since last 3-4 months. And their share price is hitting all time high on BSE and NSE .
In other words, the sales are bombat

But thats exactly my point. These are global companies and one region may do better than the other and it all evens out. GM posted like 40+ % growth in China.
Old 27th July 2009, 18:20   #52
BHPian

If you are looking at a petrol car with good FE, you can't beat the A star. 15-16 in the city, 20 on the highway. Plus you get Maruti A**. The only compromise is boot space. And they have some great exchange offers on at the moment
Old 27th July 2009, 18:58   #53
BHPian

Latheesh, my personal view Grey interiors go well with Spark. But with the red exterior, ofcourse beige looks neat.
By the way what is the deal you got from the dealer? I bargained for sunfilm to be installed free of cost (1500rs). Also, waved off the delivery charges (1000rs).
My view, under body coating is not required for the city like Bangalore. Its very much required for the humid weather like Chennai, Pondi etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks