Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:46   #1
BHPian

2nd Hatch : Which Diesel?

Dear All - Need advice for buying a 2nd hatch (diesel)for myself. I already own an i10 and planning to give it to better half for occassional city round abouts and buy myself a diesel hatch. My monthly running has increased to atleast 1500kms. My budget is 6.5 lacs max. including accessories.

My mind is contemplating between Swift and Punto diesel (have test driven both multiple times). Do not like Ritz (did a TD), Indica Vista, Palio, Getz. Others are out of budget. My considerations are below

a. Good FE, hassle free driving

b. Good re-sale value - this just in case i need to relocate based on work (I travel on short frequent trips, typically 1 week).

c. *** peace of mind - important as i do not want to make multiple trips to the SS for mundane things every weekend. Just do not have the time for it, as much as i love driving.

1. Swift: I have no complaints having test driven multiple times and read the ownership reports on t-bhp . The only problem being a 1 month waiting period for vdi and 3 months for vdi+abs (even now???).

2. Punto: Love the looks, ride and handling. But its a bit sluggish to drive in city. Also I will definitely have a BIG problem parking in my apartment day in day out with the big turning radius . Have checked this during TD and this is a big turn off for me

Am confused, any pointers in this regard will be helpful. Does it still make sense to buy Swift?
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:50   #2
BHPian

GP Emotion Pack, any day, We chose it over swift & dont regret a bit.

Details about GP have been already posted in so many posts!!!
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

From what you have mentioned, you have no option but to go for the Swift. Do note that Swift will be upgraded to BS IV norms soon so it's better to wait till then. These BS IV norms will impact performance and NVH levels too as per ACI.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:02   #4
BHPian

Swift Vdi + ABS will be the ideal choice - FE, good resale value, better service, low maintenance costs.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:04   #5
BHPian

Even though I have a GP, keeping your requirements, I would suggest you go for a Swift Diesel.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Swift D wud be ideal , since it is tried & tested + fun to drive element , maybe you can also look at Indica Vista because it is spacious, same reliable engine as swift .
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
GP Emotion Pack, any day, We chose it over swift & dont regret a bit.

Details about GP have been already posted in so many posts!!!
While i agree with you, the price for emotion pack is higher and am also worried about the resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
From what you have mentioned, you have no option but to go for the Swift. Do note that Swift will be upgraded to BS IV norms soon so it's better to wait till then. These BS IV norms will impact performance and NVH levels too as per ACI.
Do you know by when this will happen? is there an upgraded swift coming anytime soon complying to BSIV norms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Swift Vdi + ABS will be the ideal choice - FE, good resale value, better service, low maintenance costs.
Am not willing to wait for 3 months as we already have a problem sharing the car, hence if at all i buy swift, it will be the Vdi version.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:28   #8
BHPian

With the choices that you have mentioned you get one or the other feature on your wish list and both are a compromise in any case.Swift in for a change and punto has issues parking daily and all loose ends in A.S.S still not tied up, resale wont add up unless A.S.S is fixed completely and then some.

Stretch a bit and get the i20 CRDI.
You get everything you ask for and a fresh spacious car with fit and finish thats top notch.
Only negative would be its handling but thats a small one compared to the value it presents overall.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Swift VDi will be good option budget wise and resale value wise.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Swift vdi or i20 magna with abs.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
You get everything you ask for and a fresh spacious car with fit and finish thats top notch.
Only negative would be its handling but thats a small one compared to the value it presents overall.
+1 to that. However even the i20 has a waiting period of 1 month---it is so in Hyderabad. It costs 7.7 on road for the 2 airbag version.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
With the choices that you have mentioned you get one or the other feature on your wish list and both are a compromise in any case.Swift in for a change and punto has issues parking daily and all loose ends in A.S.S still not tied up, resale wont add up unless A.S.S is fixed completely and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Swift vdi or i20 magna with abs.

Have ruled out i20 crdi purely from a price point as i cannot stretch anymore. I will only have must have accessories to limit the costs.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

NFS, it is obvious the Swift D only car that would suit your requirements, especially for points b and c. Point 'a' should be more or less equal for both cars.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
While i agree with you, the price for emotion pack is higher and am also worried about the resale value.

Dear,

GP Emotion Pack is 6.45 on road in Gurgaon.

Next *** has been good & have gone through first service experience. Also as soon as Swift get BS IV the ride may not remain as Peppy as now.
So only issue which i can see is Resale, but in turn you get a lot better unit to drive,
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

from the two choices you have mentioned its a very easy choice!

SWIFT Diesel full option!

IF you can expand your options and stretch your budget and go for a bigger and better option of i20 diesel 1.4.

Hyundai has a better A.S.S. than Maruti and FIAT!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks