Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions and overwhelming response . This is why I was eager to join this great forum.

After driving Zen for 6 years, most of the new hatchbacks seemed to have a little less space than Zen, for the rear seat. I took my family for the TDs and they were bowled over by Vista. U-VA is pretty much out of the equation now. Now, I have find the best dealer around in Faridabad.

Thanks a lot guys for sharing your views and helping me out. Keep revvin' !!!!
Old 8th September 2009, 20:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonerd View Post
Thanks for the suggestions and overwhelming response . This is why I was eager to join this great forum.

Now, I have find the best dealer around in Faridabad.

Thanks a lot guys for sharing your views and helping me out. Keep revvin' !!!!
Is it the Tayal Motors or someone else?
Do share the experience with the dealer.
Old 9th September 2009, 01:02   #18
BHPian

Hi,

Actually, that's a big dilemma for me. There are two dealers - Tayal & Triumph. Now, my next question was actually gonna be (in) another thread, trying to checkout which one is a better dealer.

Any one has any experience with any of these dealers in Faridabad?
Old 9th September 2009, 01:57   #19
BHPian

If we go by the preferences,

1.) Should be comfortable for the rear seat passengers with good space. Should have enough leg room for the rear seat. Comfortable for long drives. (Vista is clear winner)

2.) Peace of mind. Even if not so great A.S.S., I want to be attended properly and get the problem fixed. For eg. I have a Bajaj Pulsar and their service centers are really pathetic. Whenever I went to a problem fixed they didn't fix it properly and moreover added few new problems. I don't want this. (All marutis & getz are equal)

3.) Good ground clearance. (not sure)

4.) Strong and sturdy. I have to travel on some really bad roads. (No marutis at all)

So, going by your preferences, marutis are out (4th option)

Overall its a tough competition between vista and Getz, but vist will win evantually.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dude,you didn't like Punto?Its sturdy but little skeptical abt A.S.S.Hope FIAT is improving a lot in this note.
Old 11th September 2009, 08:29   #21
BHPian

I haven't TDed Punto yet. I'll be doing it soon but as I have heard around in the forums Punto's rear seats are a bit cramped.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:48   #22
BHPian

check out i20 rear space here if you want to know how good/bad i20 rear space is -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1468876

Hyundai A.S.S is quite good.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the Vista. i20 could have been good. Punto does not meet either of your criteria.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Stick to the Vista. i20 could have been good. Punto does not meet either of your criteria.
+1 to that. If you want a spacious hatchback and can do without Airbags & ABS : Vista is your answer.

You should now be thinking about which dealer to go to (and not which car to go for )

btw : I am a little confused here. Is UVA available in diesel ? AFAIK : UVA is not available in diesel

You are thinking about India Vista Quadrajet Aura (which is diesel). So how did UVA make it to the list ?

Hope I am not missing something here.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:55   #25
BHPian

It's Vista

The choice is clear now. The Vista suits all your needs. Its a great VFM package.

Having owned Indica for last 3+ years, I would say the total cost of ownership (fuel, maintenance+labor, spareparts etc) is hardly anything. Car can be serviced anywhere if need be - I didnt need it anytime yet. Its a peace of mind for me. The A.S.S. is fantastic as far as I am concerned.

So dont think; go for it.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Vista is as spacious as a Hatch can get and at that price it is absolute VFM.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
check out i20 rear space here if you want to know how good/bad i20 rear space is -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1468876

Hyundai A.S.S is quite good.
The i20 is a bit on the higher side of my budget :(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
+1 to that. If you want a spacious hatchback and can do without Airbags & ABS : Vista is your answer.

You should now be thinking about which dealer to go to (and not which car to go for )

btw : I am a little confused here. Is UVA available in diesel ? AFAIK : UVA is not available in diesel

You are thinking about India Vista Quadrajet Aura (which is diesel). So how did UVA make it to the list ?

Hope I am not missing something here.
U-VA just made it to the list based on space. Actually, I didn't knew much about this car and thought of asking your opinion on this car. BUt, yeah its out of the equation already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
The choice is clear now. The Vista suits all your needs. Its a great VFM package.

Having owned Indica for last 3+ years, I would say the total cost of ownership (fuel, maintenance+labor, spareparts etc) is hardly anything. Car can be serviced anywhere if need be - I didnt need it anytime yet. Its a peace of mind for me. The A.S.S. is fantastic as far as I am concerned.

So dont think; go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Vista is as spacious as a Hatch can get and at that price it is absolute VFM.
Yup...Vista is it .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks