Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 03:40   #1
BHPian

Spacious Rear Seats + Great A.S.S. - Out of Question? EDIT : Getting the Vista!

Hi,

I have been now looking around for a new Hatchback. Here are my main concerns:

1.) Should be comfortable for the rear seat passengers with good space. Should have enough leg room for the rear seat. Comfortable for long drives.

2.) Peace of mind. Even if not so great A.S.S., I want to be attended properly and get the problem fixed. For eg. I have a Bajaj Pulsar and their service centers are really pathetic. Whenever I went to a problem fixed they didn't fix it properly and moreover added few new problems. I don't want this.

3.) Good ground clearance.

4.) Strong and sturdy. I have to travel on some really bad roads.

Now, I have myself listed out few cars but I am in a dilemma.

a. India Vista QJ Aura: I really love this car. It has great space and the interiors and NHV are acceptable. I am only afraid of the A.S.S. I believe it a little bit Service Center specific, and would be having another thread to find out some good dealers around in my city.

b. Ritz: The TD was great but the backseat was not as spacious as Vista. Moreover, my family doesn't like the looks of Ritz.

c: Swift: Again not as spacious. Too common. Family again says No.

d. i20: Out of budget.

e. Getz: Looks really old and a little bit pricey too. I really don't want to go with one.

f. U-VA: Now, I don't like the looks much but still want to give it a shot. I have not heard much about this car around. Searched around and there are some issues with gear, FE and no clue about A.S.S. of GM. Any ideas on how is the A.S.S. of GM?

Now, out of the whole lot I have observed that the car with spacious rear seats have A.S.S. issues. Maruti and Hyundai don't have any car that has a spacious rear and still be affordable. i20 is way above my budget. For U-VA I am not a fan of GM, especially Chevy, and also don't know hows the A.S.S. So, that pretty much leaves me with Vista. I Love this car and wish I had no fears of A.S.S.

So, can I conclude that there is no car with really GREAT A.S.S. and spacious rear seats? Please pour in your ideas and help me out selecting one. I know I sound like I don't want to look beyond Vista but that's where I would like you guys to help me out.

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:26   #2
BHPian

I myself have a vista and can say fairly that it meets the criteria you have listed. Very spacious, right price and driving is as much fun as any other. No other car has the proposition that vista has. And like you said... swift is too common now. Almost everyone has a swift. Getz is the only one which i felt came close to vista, but again its being discontinued.
GM *** - they are very good, but expensive and few years down the lane, the expense only goes up.
Tata *** - not as bad as people potray it. I can vouch that they take care of things very well now. At least thats what i have seen in my two visits so far. You get to rate them after each service and they bend over to ensure that you are satisfied. Its no longer a take it or leave it approach.
I would suggest go for the vista - you wont regret it.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:52   #3
BANNED

I completely agree with vista_qjd's opinion. The Indica Vista is hard to beat in terms of space, and dont worry, TASS is not all that bad, you may need to build a personal rapport with your service supervisor and things get sorted out pretty easily.
Go for it.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can happily go with UVA. Its a lovely all rounder of a car. There's thousands of them in Delhi NCR (though now the favorite is i20). Chevy isnt going away anytime soon.

Of course, resale will take a hit but that's not a criteria listed above.

It has 188mm GC, almost same as SX4. It is extremely well planted and has a very silent cabin (Maruti cars can't even come close)
Old 8th September 2009, 11:29   #5
BHPian

Thanks for your opinion guys. I'll be TDing U-VA too. And Vista again.

One concerns about GM is the maintenance cost. How's it? Is servicing and parts costlier compared to average cost? Also, any updates on the rumored new U-VA Model (saw it in some old threads)?
Old 8th September 2009, 11:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonerd View Post
Thanks for your opinion guys. I'll be TDing U-VA too. And Vista again.

One concerns about GM is the maintenance cost. How's it? Is servicing and parts costlier compared to average cost? Also, any updates on the rumored new U-VA Model (saw it in some old threads)?
When you buy Chevy vehicle you don't have to think of the service cost as you are covered in 3 yrs No maintainance scheme.

I am a UVA Owner from Past 1.5 yrs, the cover even the consumables like oils and fluids. Wheel alignment and balancing are also part of the scheme.

Added to that 1 Lakh km warranty. It is surely peace of mind. Only annoying thing is they are a little slow.

My personal experience - if you face any issue and log a complaint on helpline, you would be attended by a dedicated person who would follow up your case till resolution with timely updates.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:05   #7
BHPian

GM Servicing and spare parts are expensive. Having owned a corsa, i can say that parts are more costlier than the maruti/tata/Hyundai. Also regular maintenance is more expensive - in the 3-4K range. But needless to say, the drive and solid feel is unmatched.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:13   #8
BHPian

If you go with Indica Vista.Then let me tell you that resale would no more be a problem.TATA has announced buyback at 60% price after 3 years.It was in yesterday's HT city.
As far as A.S.S is concerned you have 2-3 options for service centres at badarpur plus i suppose 2 more at faridabad.One of them would be good enough.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

stick to vista as you find it best suited for your needs.

regarding A.S.S. make a good relationship with one of best service advisor in the service center and get good returns!
Old 8th September 2009, 12:53   #10
BHPian

After going through your requirements, I personally feel that Indica Vista will be the best option.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:33   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Vista is best-suited to your requirements. It's not that difficult to find a good after-sales outlet / service advisor, though certainly not as simple as owning a Maruti either. Expect the odd niggling issue with the Vista too. But hey, it is a lot of car for the money and simply can't be beat for rear bench comfort.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Vista is best-suited to your requirements. It's not that difficult to find a good after-sales outlet / service advisor, though certainly not as simple as owning a Maruti either. Expect the odd niggling issue with the Vista too. But hey, it is a lot of car for the money and simply can't be beat for rear bench comfort.
+1 to this

After Sales Service experience is always relative in nature.
if your develop good co-ordial relationship with the TASS and its servcie advisors then you can get better service. My experience of getting Palio serviced @ TASS is, the people are very friendly and accomodative, but the kowledge about FIAT cars and support from FIAT is less for spare parts availability etc.

But for Tata cars, i think TASS is more accountable and responsive

VISTA is a good car. go for it.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:36   #13
BHPian

I would recommend the Getz. I've had it for last four-odd years, great fit and finish, sturdy as hell without a rattle after 64000 kms, and my family love the back seat. It has as much rear seat space as my Baleno. I am now replacing it with the Ritz, but only because wife wants a change, otherwise would have bought another Getz in a flash. Hyundai service is pretty much up there with the best.
Only problem maybe resale value since it's being discontinued next year, though spares will never be a problem as Hyundai normally keep spares for seven years after stopping a model.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Most people are voting for Vista and my vote just got added to it.
No idea about Uva as never drove or sat in it but had driven Vista and its really good to drive + has all the space in the world.
As rear seats are important for you i feel Vista is the best bet. It does not feel like a hatchback when you sit in the rear due to the comfort and space.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:41   #15
BHPian

Leonerd,

Based on your requirements, Vista will suit you fine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks