Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 19:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Zen - If your granddad really loves to drive and does not mind a phased out car, he can also go in for a Zen. It is one of the best small cars ever sold in the Indian market and quite a few well maintained 3 year old low mileage VXi's can be had for 2.5 lakhs.
Agree with the above, however there are 2 problems I see in the Zen which may not suit his granpa, one is it's low and hard to get in and the second is the Zen AC, which is a total non-performer.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Agree with the above, however there are 2 problems I see in the Zen which may not suit his granpa, one is it's low and hard to get in and the second is the Zen AC, which is a total non-performer.
Yes, that is why I suggested it as a pure driver's car; i.e. if his GD is that kind of a person (like me ). Just another option to be considered.

I would suggest you narrow down a few i10's, Santro's, Wagon R's and Zen's and then take your granddad for a test ride in each. Only then you will be able to finalize on the right car for him. You already have the options in front of you by now.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:42   #18
BANNED

Seriously, I think you should consider Spark.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Spark is one car that I am sure not many consider to be an option when they are initially looking out for a new set of wheels. I myself was keen on the A-star, the Ritz and if nothing else then at least test drive the i10. Spark was never an option. However just one test drive on my dads prodding and now I am a proud owner of a Spark. So my advise would be, don't discard it completely. TD it and see for yourself. Its excellent value and the brilliant low end toque will surely make him happy pottering around in the city with least gear changes. Not to mention 3 years of complete peace of mind.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:02   #20
BHPian

Since its for your grandfather, i think u should consider the Wagon- R preferebly the Vxi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks