Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 11:19   #1
BHPian

Indica Vista Terra 1.4 TDI or Indica DLS V2?

A relative of ours lives in a III tier town in Tamil Nadu. Its about 200 kms from Chennai. He came to me asking suggestions regarding buying a car with a budget of 4L. He travels a lot and average monthly running would be 2000 kms and most of them would be self driven. The places he travels are mostly rural places and has a family of 5.

He was thinking about getting Indica V2 petrol. With his running in mind i suggested him diesel would be better suited for him and also told him about Vista and showed him pics from the net, he was really impressed and never knew that Indica had such a variant. With some on-line OTR figures there was only 7k difference between Indica DLS and India Vista Terra 1.4 TDI. Which would be suited for him considering his rural base?

Being year end, Would I be able to get some discounts from the Tata Dealers in Chennai?

The nearest sales and service for him is in Villupuram, VST motors. But my relative wants me to be with him for the whole buying process and I possibly cant go there for every process. Would a dealer in chennai be willing to do registration for a far away place?
Old 29th October 2009, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

the list prices arent very different, but the gap widens after discounts.

both cars are vfm, and while the TDI engine is found in the indica/indigos, the rest of the car is fairly new, and issues with them will need the car to be taken to a TASC.

If he needs a car which can be serviced by any tom dick and harry mech, the indica DLS is the answer. If he wants something a bit better, and can pay the extra cost of ownershipm then the TDI is the better option - its a far better car
Old 29th October 2009, 16:53   #3
BHPian

The vista Tdi - eyes closed
Old 29th October 2009, 17:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think it should be the Vista over the V2.

Like the Tata sales guys say, "Shift engine Sir", can also be pronounced Swift.

You are right, since its the year end expect good offers.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

Greenhorn is right, I am sure the difference in the OTR prices is more than 7k. Please do check !
Old 30th October 2009, 10:29   #6
BHPian

Thats all guys? Its TDI, thats it. Is it?
Old 30th October 2009, 11:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

yup, thats pretty much it. Ask your relative to do a TD. Ask him to check with the TASC where the nearest place to his town where it can get serviced - SOME tasc's have tie ups with other ASC's in towns where they dont have prescence for minor repairs.
Old 30th October 2009, 12:51   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

VISTA any day - much more refined -better technology, nice and big. good glass/ visibility all around. good stance. nice car.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:28   #9
BHPian

When and had a TD yesterday at Concorde Motors yesterday. As usual they dint have a TDI engine. They had a Sapphire engine and a Quadrajet. They let me TD both. They also suggested that i come on a working day and they would have a TDI engine car. I asked why on a working day not on weekends, the guy smiled sheepishly and said 'I can give a TDI car for test drive before it goes in for registration'

He said the only standing offer for Vista is the insurance.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

If the buyer can wait, try asking in mid december. You should manage to get some discounts since they will be hard pressed to meet targets as december is a slow month ( people put off buying for the new year)
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:57   #11
BHPian

Can you check the front suspension arms and links on the Vista? If the roads are not that good, the tie rods and exhaust flange tend to scrape with the ground on the Indica. If it has been resolved in the Vista, then Vista would be a better buy. Also, the 175/65R14 tyres on the Vista seem to be a good option over the Indica.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:42   #12
BHPian

A mechanic told me that the TDi engine would be serviceable by anybody, can be done roadside, but the quadrajet engine would need a laptop to do service/repair.

Go for the TDi!!!
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:50   #13
BHPian

I do agree with the views of greenhorn as a user i find that the vehicle is good and a small wait for one month odd would get in some freebies thrown as a year end closure!
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:41   #14
BHPian

Go for VISTA

Go for Vista. It is definetely refreshing and has a higher ground clearance to suit rural roads. It's kind of Cross over and for sure better than ordinary Indica.

TDI engines can be serviced anywhere except for the Turbo. VST is anyday better and transparent dealer than Concorde- who would for sure will deceive a Customer. My personal experience.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:10   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I would always suggest using the Authorized Service Station route when servicing one's car. Much better always, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
A mechanic told me that the TDi engine would be serviceable by anybody, can be done roadside, but the quadrajet engine would need a laptop to do service/repair.

Go for the TDi!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks