Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:22   #1

New & Confused... Swift vdi or Getz Crdi 1.5

Hello Guys,

This is my first post on this forum & need some advice. I am planning to buy a car that will be driven about 35 kms daily to work & about 150 kms on the weekends which could/will extend as I get used to driving, oh yes, I am a new driver too.... All these years have been riding a Bullet & have travelled across India, so another reason for me to buy a car is to take my family (Parents & Sis) to most of these places where I rode off my Bull.

I have had almost frozen up on buying swift vdi which is now in my budget & then a friend of mine who's been driving Getz Petrol 1.3 suggested why don't I go for GEtz cdri instead which is loaded with power with some compromise on FE. Yes FE will also play a major role when taking the plunge but if the difference is just about 2 kms/litre then I dont mind.

So my query here is: Getz cdri 1.5 is costing me close to 5.5 lacs with all the discounts they are offering & swift vdi is 5.75. With Getz I get roomy interiors & oodles of space compared to swift. I am still a novice driver so can't say much about the driveability of the car since everything appears smooth & tough at the same time. My friends driving Swift say go for it but it will start rattling in a year & the rear seat is not advisable for long drives. Now my Dad who is 60 + & Mom to be 60 soon, I think Getz should have a comfy seating.

I have had great time in my friends getz sitting next to him & felt rich in the cabin may be because of the beige interirors.

There are pros & cons with both the cars. Getz more power, swift turbo. Getz sturdy what I have heard , swift a rattler. More space in Getz, cramped in swift, getz with normal typres, swift tubeless, some other cosmetic elements are also missing from getz since the crdi version only comes in the GVS varient which should be similar to swift ldi.

I need help to freeze up the car which I will not be selling very soon.

Any technical advives on Getz will be a boon since I almost felt in love with Swift after reading Jaggu's thread about his snowwhite :-)

Believe me or not guys while I am typing this I am talking to my friend & asking him the same thing :-)
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:16   #2
BHPian

From various threads on T-Bhp, Rocket hatch alias Getz CRDI is not available anymore. Hyundai has stopped its production. So thats one less choice for you to make.

Secondly, 2 Km/Litre is more than 10% increase in Fuel economy considering average of 15Km/Litre. This is not a small amount, considering the amount of fuel you'll be using in a month.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:24   #3
BHPian

If you can still get hold of a Getz, pick up one without second thoughts!!!

Its got the power, better build, roomy and service compared to a Swift. The engine+tranny is the same from the Verna CRDi, so dont bother about spares. Run now.....
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:24   #4
BHPian

And from what i've heard, the lucky few that do own one are not prepared to sell either - much to my own dissappointment !!!!
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:29   #5
BHPian

With all due respect - Where the hell are you getting a new Getz Crdi from?

... and to answer your question, I'd choose the Getz Crdi over the Swift VDi.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

To summarize the above post. Getz Crdi is not in production. So remove that from your head/heart. Now you are left with Swift Vdi. So just go for it wothout thinking. maybe you can see Punto also if you like FIAT and its A.S.S. Superb vehicle and will do all the justice for the buy
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:19   #7
BHPian

The Punto and Swift are as different as chalk and cheese even though they share the same heart [1.3 MJD] but the MSL guys really have taken this brilliant engine to a whole new level.

Each car has its pros and cons so I suggest you spend some time reading the innumerable TD threads and Ownership reports for both the cars and then go for a TD to check them out for yourself.

PS: If you want a fair assesment of the punto, better TD it before the swift vdi. The other way around just does not work.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaydere View Post
So my query here is: Getz cdri 1.5 is costing me close to 5.5 lacs with all the discounts they are offering & swift vdi is 5.75.
Does this mean that there is a hidden Getz with a dealer?
Please check if this was a TD Car.

If everything is fine with the CRDi Rocket, look no further!
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:45   #9

Thanks Guys.. I spoke to a Multicar showroom in Andheri, Mumbai & they said though Getz is stopped in production some dealers still have some in stock, really dont know if it is a TD vehicle or not & they can arrange one.. I tried contacting Shrinath Hyundai & they said they can arrange for one but that was about 2 months back wherein I had just started thinking about it. The catchy part is the space that Getz offers that should be comfy for my parents & the power. Dont know about the spares pricelist too for real if Maruti is cheaper than Hyundai but then my friend is asking me now.. how many a times you are going to change parts in your car??
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

how much would a used getz crdi cost ? a friend of mine is interested in getting one.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
how much would a used getz crdi cost ? a friend of mine is interested in getting one.
To tempt someone in selling their Getz Crdi ?!?

Hmmmm, you would probably have to shell out the showroom price ( plus the cost of le box,lol )

So basically ! , in short ......... it will never again feel like a good buy even in the second hand market.

PS : Don't listen to me and keep hunting, there are cases where some buyers have not been able to tame the beast and opted for saner driving machines
Old 6th December 2009, 16:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDi is discontinued right now and no plans of re launching it as they are keen on launching the i10 Diesel in the first quarter of 2010.

Finding a used Getz CRDi is nearly impossible. I searched for these in carwale and in New Delhi not a single one comes up for sale !!

The Swift is a wonderful hatch BUT now is almost 5 years old and expect a major facelift in 2010.

I suggest you to take a look at the Grand Puto, The Ritz Diesel and if possible wait for the VW POLO expected in early 2010.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:16   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

As the Getz CRDi is no longer in production, the other car Swift is the only option available amongst those listed by you. Swift DDiS is a very good car to drive but is low on features.

If you are looking for a fast diesel, the i20 CRDi will keep you happy but you need to stretch the budget.

Punto is considerably slower compared to Getz and i20 but is a very good car otherwise.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:54   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Getz CRDi is discontinued right now and no plans of re launching it as they are keen on launching the i10 Diesel in the first quarter of 2010.

Finding a used Getz CRDi is nearly impossible. I searched for these in carwale and in New Delhi not a single one comes up for sale !!

The Swift is a wonderful hatch BUT now is almost 5 years old and expect a major facelift in 2010.
Getz is even older than Swift, and is out of production now. But Swift, even after 5 years of launch, is still sharp and better-looking than many newer models (for me), and is still in production.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:19   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Getz is even older than Swift, and is out of production now. But Swift, even after 5 years of launch, is still sharp and better-looking than many newer models (for me), and is still in production.
Getz has been replaced by i20, It wont be surprising if you see Swift in production after another 5 years or maybe 10 years.

Looks are subjective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks