Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2009, 10:17   #1

Vista or Swift/ Ritz or Punto or !

Hi All,
Thanks in advance to all offering their advice..

I am confused and would like to have your advice on which car to buy..

First a little bit of Background: I drive 55 Km's per day to the office (currently have a Xeta and want to migrate to diesel) Not too many outstations trips (have undertaken only 3 so far in nearly 3 years of having a Xeta) - but office travel can be considered highway (chennai bypass) Weekends are also spent in the city. Small family (2 adults , 2 children)

The Dilemma:
1) Want comfortable drive (no backache's !)
2) Ease of steering (Xeta is power steering but feels like turning a lorry ! - i think this is also contributing to some of the carpal tunnel probles apart from all the laptop work)
3) Decent boot space (for all the shopping)

The confusion:

I TD'ed Vista / Swift / Ritz / Punto / Manza / Desire (Phew !) missed the i20 though (felt it was over budget)

Vista - Very spacious , height adjust / lumbar support - real plus, steering - not as bad as Xeta but definitely not as comfortable as swift

Swift / Desire - Very easy to manoeuvre , excellent pickup , rear space not too much of a concern, waiting time definitely a concern,

Ritz - Drive - same as above, rear exterior - seems odd, Driving comfort - not sure if it will help with my backache's !

Punto - Mind says (swift / ritz / vista) but heart says punto !! - a little worried about steering, egress / ingress, clutch pedal / dead pedal and a.s.s (any inputs about A.s.s. in chennai ?)

2nd piece of dilemma : Should I go in for the top end variant with the features or get the basic version and go for after market features (ICE with bluetooth, alloys, etc)

All help is greatly appreciated.
Old 20th December 2009, 11:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note:

This has been discussed before. Please continue in one of the existing threads. Some suggestions:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ajet-aura.html (economy diesel duel: Maruti Ritz DDiS vs Suzuki Swift DDis vs Vista quadrajet aura.)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...a-vs-ritz.html (Indica Vista vs Ritz)

You can search for many more threads on the same topic. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks