Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:11   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedizen View Post
Hi,

I would suggest you to consider Swift. My Cousin had the same problem he is 6.2" Tall and he had drive most of the higher Segment cars in US.After test driving a lot of cars in India he felt the most comfortable one as Swift.It has got a very good Leg Space in the front.He finds it completely comfortable to drive without any knee contacts with the Car..
Just take a Test Drive,you might like it.
I agree that the swift is also a good contender - the front seats are simply superb - good support for big guys!
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:35   #32
BHPian

I am 6' 1" and drive a Palio 1.6. No issues at all.
Do a TD of the Palio (warning: new model may be out in mid 2010) or the Punto and decide.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:46   #33
BHPian

Having Driven all cars, for Space being first priority, then Power & Comfort & then Value for Money, my vote goes to Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet. It is a different segment all together when we talk of space. It has a test engine which has been tested in various models & makes. Has good driveability in city as well as Highways. It comes in base price of Ritz with all added advantages. It also has TATA support behind it. Suggest you got for it.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I am going to check out the Indica Vista QJ today.
Did you take the TD of Vista? Would love to know your views.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:38   #35
BHPian

the indica vista is the car for you...
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:53   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

+ 1 to Swift
great seats in front - very comfortable - good under thigh support.
nice driving postion for a tall person - Im 6.2 plus big built - no trouble for me at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
I agree that the swift is also a good contender - the front seats are simply superb - good support for big guys!
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:21   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Why not the Fiat Punto?? or the Vista QJD?

Or the i20?

Take a td fo all the three.
I'm 6 feet tall and am quite comfortable in a Punto. have driven for 5-6 hours at a stretch without any discomfort. I would recommend you TD a Punto. (I'm sure the other recommended hatchbacks have enough space, but I'm just too fond of the Fiat)
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:03   #38
BHPian

I think you should take a TD i20 and Vista. I am 6'3" and found both cars to have comparable leg room, interior space and equipments. i20 is better in terms of fit and finish but Vista is more VFM
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
+ 1 to Swift
great seats in front - very comfortable - good under thigh support.
nice driving postion for a tall person - Im 6.2 plus big built - no trouble for me at all!
This is ok as far as you are in front. And if you think of sitting in the back in Swift then it would be like hell for you. Vista is car for you.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:15   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
This is ok as far as you are in front. And if you think of sitting in the back in Swift then it would be like hell for you. Vista is car for you.
Yes that's a true point about Swift..Leg Space in the front is simply great especially for Taller people and the Seat Comfort and thigh Supoprt as well. But yep at the rear seat the leg space has been compromised.But still one cannot take it as less as compared to other cars in the segment.Not sure about Vista

Bu ti really think you should take a test drive of Swift,Wagon R and I vista and check out which one suits you.
Old 27th December 2009, 00:21   #41
BHPian

Fell in love with the Wagon R

Today I test drove Ritz and Wagon R. I must say that I fell in love with the wagon R. Even though I was biased towards the ritz, as it has the DDIS , the fact that my left leg kept resting on the gear console made me uncomfortable just after 5 minutes. With the wagon R , I had loads of leg room both forward and sideways, and the visibility is phenomenal. While we were about to pull into the dealership, I had to take a sharp right (90deg) into a narrow lane ( may be 5' wide) . The salesman asked me to turn and I turned... just like that, no guess work as to where the car's nose was, not looking over the bonnet and easing the nose in gingerly...I just turned as if I was walking or riding a bicycle. There are No blind spots in this car!! I also loved the cheap rear view mirrors in the Lower end variant ( I drove one with just a/c and Power steering ) . They are just perfect for city driving. I also love the way the window wind up/down , handles are kept petite and dont foul on your legs. For a person who has always owned some what big cars (Dodge Ram, Chevy silverado, Jeep Wrangler, Bolero, Judo, Innova ), this was an eye opener to a new world, a new world where you can actually drive and park where ever there is a little space, make U turns on narrow streets and still have huge leg room inside. I have not made my booking yet, but if no new news about wagon R being discontinued emerges from the auto expo, I will book the low end variant with A/C P/S. I love the side view mirrors, almost taunting the motorbikes and autos "Oh yeah, you want to break me ? I dont care .." It is so functional, I just love it. Driving the Wagon R seems like the next best thing to riding a bicycle and I mean that in a good way.

Checked out the Indica, it has lots of room no doubt, but 1. It is slightly bigger than I expected , 2. Did not have that bicycle riding quality to the ride.

Checked out the zen estilo, was good but seats not as wide as the wagon R and lacked that bicycle riding like feel even though it was much better than indica in that department.

I went to ford dealership to check out the Ikon. Ikon has super soft pedals and soft controls. It is good but a bit too big. I saw the Punto and I loved it too. It would be nice to drive it on the highways. It is a nice big car, so well made and lots of room, stylish and yet not gaudy. But again to make a crude comparision, punto is like a wife who is beautiful and looks good on your arm at dinner parties and makes interesting conversations and makes others jelous of you. Whereas the Wagon R is like a girl, who cooks your food, takes care of your laundry, cleans your room and makes your bed and does not expect you to thank her for it. At this point I just need some one who will cook and clean .

PS: My be I ought to check out the ford figo too. Does anyone know when it is getting released?

Last edited by rrnsss : 27th December 2009 at 00:32.
Old 27th December 2009, 20:35   #42
BANNED

Now that is a well balanced view point; but you TD'd the VIsta or the old Indica?

And the Ford has a hatch; not the figo.
Old 28th December 2009, 13:26   #43
BHPian

I did not test drive either the Vista or the old Indica. I sat in it and found the seats to be comfortable but pedals were a bit high and the car is big . I am looking for a car that is just big for me to sit in but as small as possible on the outside. I find both the Old and the new indica to be slightly lagging behind Wagon R in that department. Also, I am partial to maruti when I have to choose between Maruti and Tata.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:00   #44
BHPian

Guys, need one last piece of advice. Today I sat in the santro Xing ( Just PS and AC ) and found it to be almost as comfortable as the Wagon R. If it was upto me , I would buy the wagon R . but with the impending release of the new vehicle, I do not want to buy a car that will have a new model coming out in a few months.

As far as the santro is concerned, is there any news of hyundai phasing out the santro anytime soon? Is it still selling in good numbers? Since it shares the 1.1 with some base model i10 I assume that they will not phase out the engine ( like they might do for the wagon R) .

Your opinion is much appreciated.
Old 29th January 2010, 22:25   #45
BHPian

Hyundai had recently launched the new sport version for Santro i.e. Santro GLS.that means they wont be coming up with any facelifts in near future.

Regarding phasing out the Santro,I don't thin there is any such news in the market.I Dont think Hyundai would phase one of their highest selling cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Guys, need one last piece of advice. Today I sat in the santro Xing ( Just PS and AC ) and found it to be almost as comfortable as the Wagon R. If it was upto me , I would buy the wagon R . but with the impending release of the new vehicle, I do not want to buy a car that will have a new model coming out in a few months.

As far as the santro is concerned, is there any news of hyundai phasing out the santro anytime soon? Is it still selling in good numbers? Since it shares the 1.1 with some base model i10 I assume that they will not phase out the engine ( like they might do for the wagon R) .

Your opinion is much appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks