Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 23:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

@harley
I completely agree with the objective analysis and the final choice of the car. The Ritz makes the most sense for you.
That being said, since you are buying a brand new car, and have gone into so much detail to find the best one, how about waiting that little bit longer to check out the Figo? I know it must be hard to wait when one is excited about getting a new car, but think about it, it might be just a matter of a couple of weeks.

Read GTO's review of the Figo, it seems like a faultless car (well, almost )
Old 8th February 2010, 00:21   #32
BHPian

Since you have TD'ed all the cars, and you liked the Ritz, i think you can go ahead with it. Its a technologically sound car, and would serve you for a decade at least. You can always squeeze the dealer for discounts, freebies. Try going to all the dealers in your city, and compare the prices offered by them. And there's no harm in asking for discounts from the dealer. See to it that the dealer doesn't charge you more for insurance or extended warranty. You can also show them the best price that you got from other dealers. But it has to be done tactfully while booking the car. And is there any waiting period on it?
In our city, there's a waiting period of about 30 days on Ritz petrol, but the Vdi is readily available.
Old 8th February 2010, 00:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
@Johnny
one of my friend's friend is selling his Wagon R (2005) driven only 15000kms but power steering doesn't work & recently the car had met with an accident and was under repair till last week plus two accidents in the past. As on date he has not received the car from maruti service center (he is expecting delivery this week) and has asked the maruti guys to evaluate the car's cost. Do you recommend buying such a car?
I recently drove a Santro whose power steering was dysfunctional. Believe me, it was nothing less than an exercise for my arms. Could you throw some light on what sort of an accident was it? A minor one or a major one? You can consider it if the accident is not a major one, and if your friend can bring the power steering back to life. 15k driven Wagon R sounds good to me, except the Power steering+accident issue. What price is he asking for it?

Last edited by Johnny_ : 8th February 2010 at 00:26. Reason: typing error
Old 11th February 2010, 19:12   #34

@quadmaniac & Amartya
Bhai, i want to go for a tried and tested model. So not considering it.

@Johnny
I don't have any accident details but i'll try and find out. The power steering (PS) is not working due to some electronic chip failure and fixing it will cost 50k (as per a friend). I'll get the costing part day after tomorrow. I'll update you.

-Harley

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks