Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Isn't diesel a better option considering the distance covered everyday? If you'r looking at petrol, the Beat LTZ would be the best bet. Diesel - swift LDi, Vista or i20 base.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Hi All,

Recently relocated from abroad to Indirapuram, GZB and my office is at CP, New Delhi. I will need to travel/drive 70 KM's every day and some time more to meet customers. Recently got the DL and you can treat me as new driver (still some fear inside)...! We are 4 (me, wife, 2 kids) and some time go to shopping with family. Kindly let me know which car is easy to drive? VFM, Good safety features and etc. Max Budget is 4.5 L and I wish to go for a new small car at this time until I learn complete driving and familiar with Delhi Roads. I-10, Beat and A-Star was in my mind, however still would like to get experts opinion as I am new to driving.
Thank you so much.
Siva
Budget 4.5 Lakh, VFM, Good safety features & Easy to drive => Beat 1.2 LT Option Pack Rs.444,206.00 (Ex-Show. Pune)
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, go for Swift Vxi or Zxi. Anyway FE is not a botheration. You'll have a better car service from A.S.S & a proven vehicle on Indian roads.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:33   #19
BHPian

I am considering of Swift or Beat. Are there any Beat owners here for the feedback? I did a search for Beat, but not much information or pictures.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am considering of Swift or Beat. Are there any Beat owners here for the feedback? I did a search for Beat, but not much information or pictures.
Not sure about owners feedback on Beat, but here is the official web site for Beat.
Chevrolet Beat in India, Chevy Beat Car India, Chevy Beat Chevrolet India

Don't forget to read GTO's detailed review on Beat. Here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html

Last edited by HammerHead : 2nd February 2010 at 18:48.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:09   #21
BHPian

Does any one booked Swift VDI (ABS) in New Delhi/NCR? How much is the On Road Price? and what are the Discounts and Freebies are given? I live in Indirapuram, GZB and planing to book one.
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:07   #22
BHPian

I would strongly recommend a Swift petrol. You can choose a trim that suits your budget.
Not only does it have one of the best looks among hatchbacks (the other being Punto), its really fun to drive.
Since you are a new driver, you may wonder if fun to drive really matters. But once you get used to the conditions, you would love the Swift even more.
I would personally recommend the ZXI with all the bells and whistles (safety features, alloys, climate control etc) but you'll have to stretch your budget by about 20%.
Old 3rd February 2010, 00:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

I would seriously advice you to wait for the Figo's pricing to be revealed. It might just be that the diesel version be in your budget. With your running, like many on the thread, I will recommend a diesel.

Although the Figo might not seem as exciting a design as the Beat, but I think it's design is going to age very well. Also, your kid will really appreciate a nice large glasshouse, that the Figo has, so that he gets a great view outside (a chief advantage over the Beat).

You can look at the Figo petrol too, it should be a reasonably frugal yet fun car to drive (fun not in terms of outright power, but dynamics)
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:03   #24
BHPian

Hi yousivakutti

You have already ruled our the diesel option otherwise nothing was better than Figo diesel (well i donno the price yet). But then even for petrol, Figo seems to be a great car and will be fuel efficient too. Wait for a while and just check it out, it should be worth.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:42   #25
BHPian

Hi Yousivakutti,

I would anyday suggest a Punto 1.3 MJD, however you are not looking for a Diesel hatch. So I would suggest Punto Petrol for the following reasons: -

1. Great car, with great looks and safety.
2. Robost built quality.
3. I learnt driving on Fiat Palio and trust me the way this car handles is great!

Since you are more keen on Swift or Beat, I would suggest Beat for the following reasons: -

1. New car in town.
2. Chevy is running some offer I believe on the servincing (not too sure on that)
3. Looks good and peppy.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Recently relocated from abroad to Indirapuram, GZB and my office is at CP, New Delhi. I will need to travel/drive 70 KM's every day and some time more to meet customers.
Recently got the DL and you can treat me as new driver (still some fear inside)...! We are 4 (me, wife, 2 kids) and some time go to shopping with family. Kindly let me know which car is easy to drive? VFM, Good safety features and etc. Max Budget is 4.5 L and I wish to go for a new small car at this time until I learn complete driving and familiar with Delhi Roads.
I-10, Beat and A-Star was in my mind, however still would like to get experts opinion as I am new to driving.

Thank you so much.
Siva
If you can wait for the FIGO then my pick will be that, besides this Ritz /Swift diesel also makes economical sense to own as you will be covering over 70km/day.
Beat a good product with excellent pricing , but it has a small boot. To me when I drive with my family then there is always some things to carry around hence a decent boot space is essential for a family person.

i10 is also good car but if you are traveling 70km/day then better park you money on diesel variants.

FIGO duratorque seems to be a good car , you can refer to the the various test drive reports/blogs. So far no one has pointed major negatives about the car. I am also in a similar dilemma, hence waiting for the Figo to hit the roads.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:37   #27
BHPian

@TJ: ANY Idea on the Price of Figo? and what are the different variants?
Old 4th February 2010, 01:09   #28
BHPian

^^ The different variants are discussed in Figo's review thread. As of Punto, its a brilliant car butttt somehow the ergonomics are not at all a match of Japs or European. Thats 1 turn off about the car. Long clutch, rubbery gear etc etc etc... But then its personal choices, take a test drive. If you like it then nothin like it. Goodluck!
Old 4th February 2010, 01:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi gentle man. No need to hurry. The season is ahead for the line of small cars as per your budget proposals. Wait and see to test the Ford and Toyota small cars. You can decide after June.
Old 5th February 2010, 21:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
@Daewood: Thanks for the suggestions. Forgot to mention, I can claim the Petrol Allowances from Company ..!! I wish to go with a Petrol Version at this time.

@SamtheLeo: I saw one Punto in my Apt complex, I am bit worried for the A.S.S. So, I wish to go with Maruti or Hyundai or Chevy to get Service Support. You may well aware of the driving conditions btw Indirapuram and CP... I am looking for a small/compact car for easy driving...!
Hi Siva,

Slightly out of topic, Fringe Benefit Taxation has undergone changes and most of the companies are changing compensation structures related to petrol allowances. Hence, checkout on the same from your company if it is a deciding factor.

Since you want to retain the car for 4-5 years, rattles and squeaks can disturb you if you opt for a swift. Since you are a new driver, right now you can nurture your driving skills by buying a used car and using it in hectic traffic and later buying a new car like Polo/ Nissan/ manywhich are expected this year. At that time the old car could be retained as a second car- just my two cents
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks