Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 15:06   #16
BHPian

UPDATE: My swift currently has run 51000+kms. Sorry had an old figure in mind! :P

Anyway, an advertisement regarding my vehicle was published and a person came to inspect the same. Given a quote of 2.75 lac, he brought his mechanic the other day and he said that there is some play with the steering (can anyone elaborate on this please?) which results in more wear and tear of a particular front tyre, left or right i'm not sure. Hence he has agreed to pay around 2.5 lacs for the car!
What say guys?
Old 16th March 2010, 19:14   #17
BHPian

Arrogant Chevrolet Dealer

Hey guys,

My Swift has been quoted a price of 2.55 lac and I was ready to sell the same and purchase the Beat.

Shiv, an employee of the only Chevrolet dealer in Jaipur - Triumph Motors, had constantly been ringing me up wanting me to book the car. As a matter of fact, he called me up today at 1200hrs to which I did not respond because I was tired of giving him the same answer until the swift deal was confirmed this evening.

This same employee had told me that if he wasn't able to provide me the car before April, he would give me some free accessories on account of the depreciation benefit (April ->Starting of the financial year) we would not reap on the Beat.

Since the price quoted by the second hand car dealer (who was sent by this very person) gave an unconvincing price, he told us to check the market and that we won't get a price better than 2.25 lac. I did the needful and got a price of 2.55 lac, Rs.30k more than his won't-get-better price!

Things done, he called me up an hour back and I told him that I was ready to purchase the beat and since he wouldn't be able to give me the car within March, I asked him to give me the following 2 accessories free of cost:

1.) Cotton seat covers.

2.) Rear sunshade.

To my surprise, he blatantly refused giving an explanation: "Jab yeh gaadi abhi se hi itni advance booking mein chal rahi hai toh main aapko accessories kaise de sakta.. discount toh tab hota hai jab haaton-haath gaadi book ho jaati hai."

When I replied that he had already told me that he would provide me the needful, he said "Pehle toh aap itne dino se yeah deal ko badhaate jaa rahe ho, uske baad aapko joh offer pehle mil rahi thi woh abhi bhi chahiye.. Beat ka daam toh abhi 5k aur mehenga ho gaya hai!"

To which I replied that the 2nd hand dealer you sent only told us to do the market research and satisfy ourselves, he blatantly said in a raised voice "Main aapko koi discount nahi de sakta! Aapko lena he lo nahi toh rehne do"
I immediately disconnected the line. I wonder why did my stupid conscious stop me from telling him that if he so wasn't interested in the deal, why on Earth was he calling me every now and then to settle the deal?

What should I do folks? I am eager to purchase a new car (Beat, to be precise) but this person's behavior has forced me to think otherwise.

Awaiting your replies as soon as possible!
Nilesh
Old 19th March 2010, 15:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Personally I don't have experience dealing with a Chevy dealer, but my suggestion is why don't you try some other dealer?

Also, there are lots and lots of sub-dealers.

A few years back one fine day in the late morning I wanted to buy Pulsar on a whim. Being stupid , I wanted to ride it the same day. Obviously this was not possible, in the Bajaj showroom. A sub-dealer near my home got me a brand new black Pulsar the same evening.
Old 21st March 2010, 02:23   #19
BHPian

UPDATE : ANHC Booked!

UPDATE: Purchasing the All New Honda City S M/T now. Mods, please do the needful.

Hey guys.. After already possessing 2 Honda vehicles in my garage and being sort of pissed off from the Chevy dealer, I felt like going in for another H badge! I know there's a huge shift in the budget, but then my dad seemed to have no problems with it!

I initially told Pink City Honda (PCH) to arrange for a test drive and they gladly did the needful.

Meanwhile, I also made a trip to Sunshine Honda with my dad and enquired the best possible deal they could offer. He end up quoting a price of Rs.9.4lac on the road including the following accessories and also said that further negotiations could be made:
Body cover
Pillows
Seat Belt Pad
Matting
Mud flap
1 year SMC(Service Maintenance Contract - I do not have to spend a penny on the car for 1 year/20,000kms)
Mobile Connect

With this offer in our minds, we took the test drive of the ANHC (arranged by PCH).
The engine was a gem and the ride quality, braking and comfort were very good too, though the absence of basic equipments present in cars of a much lower price (take front roof lights and ACC for instance) was deeply felt.
Anyway, we liked the car and started talking about the deal.
With much negotiations, PCH gave the following deal, to which we agreed:

Price:
Rs. 9.35 lac (On Road)

Accessories included:
Genuine Honda Alloy Wheels (The ones fitted on the V M/T)
Seat covers
(Same accessories listed above)

I could have called up Sunshine Honda again and would have made the price go down further but then it would not be ethical on my side to keep on quoting a lesser price and starting an endless loop until the dealers give up!

But I feel like trying and arranging for a free exhaust finisher too!

Do note, the on road price for the ANHC S M/T in Jaipur is Rs 9.78 lac!

What are your views on the deal guys?
Old 21st March 2010, 08:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennius View Post
Dude I believe that the ex-showroom prices of an Alto and a WagonR lie somewhere between 2.35-3L. So how can a 3-4 year old 47000km run wagonR or an Alto come for 2.25L? o_O
I said the prices in my town. Check the true value page for Trivandrum. Prices are inflated. Check the Swift prices too and you'd know.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I said the prices in my town. Check the true value page for Trivandrum. Prices are inflated. Check the Swift prices too and you'd know.
Hmm... looks like Trivandrum is the place for used cars!
Old 21st March 2010, 12:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm... looks like Trivandrum is the place for used cars!
I have seen Bangalore commanding high price on second hand cars.. 2005 vxi swift goes for a minimum 3.3 lakhs there.

Down south, Chennai has one of the lowest prices for old cars
Old 21st March 2010, 13:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Dude I believe that the ex-showroom prices of an Alto and a WagonR lie somewhere between 2.35-3L. So how can a 3-4 year old 47000km run wagonR or an Alto come for 2.25L? o_O
AFAIK in Kerala:

An alto 2005 lxi sells for abt 2.0(OTR New 3.0) lakh a wagon r lxi for abt 2.4 lakh(OTR new 3.6) and a swift lxi 2005 sells for abt 2.9(OTR new 4.3).

In kerala your Swift VXi would have sold for about 3.0Lakh.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 21st March 2010 at 13:09.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Swift 1.2 is still the ultimate 5 lakh rupee sports car. Cannot beat the blend of hi rev smoothness and punch combined with tight handling. Downside is that is more common now.

Beat is a stylish 'cruiser'. Compared to the Swift is lacking in poke and also lacking in handling. Makes up with great ride quality and great pricing and newness ofcourse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks