Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 12:58   #31
BHPian

Given the options you have listed - a Figo anyday would be my choice.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:25   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I worked out on Fuel economy based on distance which I may travel, This
might help to calculate the annual costs.
i too did all these calculations before buying my swift VDI.

I would definitely recommend any diesel car if you are going to travel more than 1250 kms a month
Old 10th April 2010, 21:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
After much deliberation (and confusion), I will probably go ahead and book a Diamond White Figo TDCi Titanium this week (if I can sneak out of office early), or on the weekend.

I..err..Went ahead and booked a Sunlight Copper Swift ZXi today morning. Delivery expected in about 30-35 days.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

I am in the same state of mind, wavering between Swift and Figo. Right now tending towards Swift petrol considering everything.

Did you have a chance to TD the petrol Swift? It seems they have softened the suspensions, did you notice any body roll?
Old 10th April 2010, 23:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rajushank.

Yes, I did have a chance to TD a petrol Swift. I did not have a chance to try some hard cornering, but as noted in my earlier post in this thread, I didn't find the ride as hard as I had expected, so I guess they have made it more pliant. Works for me .
Old 29th April 2010, 17:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from my SP in Chowgule Motors. My fears have come true,they wont be able deliver my car in May.
I feel terribly cheated as they had promised me delivery in the second week of may at any cost.
I am going to cancel my booking with them (not before a strongly worded letter is sent out to Maruti), and will buy my second choice, the Figo diesel. Now I really do want the car as early as possible (first or second week of May) for some personal reasons and if Ford is also unable to deliver, I will just give up and not buy a vehicle at all. :( .
Old 29th April 2010, 17:36   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I will just give up and not buy a vehicle at all. :( .
^Ritz ZXi too is having a waiting period :(
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Since I had heard so much about Maruti's effective customer service helpline, dropped them a mail and also gave them a call explaining my issue.
Four days since,all I have received is a "We regret the inconvenience caused" mail.
Why does one have to go through so much of a headache to buy a car ?

Now I am thinking of discarding the Swift plans altogether , but considering that there are some FE woes with the Figo diesel also, I think I am back to square one.

So which car is enjoyable to drive,safe,under 6 lakhs and most importantly, easily available ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I had heard so much about Maruti's effective customer service helpline, dropped them a mail and also gave them a call explaining my issue.
Four days since,all I have received is a "We regret the inconvenience caused" mail.
Why does one have to go through so much of a headache to buy a car ?

Now I am thinking of discarding the Swift plans altogether , but considering that there are some FE woes with the Figo diesel also, I think I am back to square one.

So which car is enjoyable to drive,safe,under 6 lakhs and most importantly, easily available ?
Sajo, I am in the same boat as you. What I am thinking is, buy a barely used (~ 1 year old) Swift or Fiesta from some dude who is going abroad or something like that. No waiting period and no need to spend on mud flaps, seat covers, floor mats . But searching for the car will be a chore.

Do you think it is a good idea?
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Rajushank, I briefly considered getting a used car too, but the time required to hunt and get to a well maintained used one is almost as time consuming as waiting for a new car.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Advice needed : Should I cancel my Swift booking and wait for some other car to come by or should I stick to it and hope it comes sometime ?
Old 4th May 2010, 11:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Advice needed : Should I cancel my Swift booking and wait for some other car to come by or should I stick to it and hope it comes sometime ?
Please wait for the Swift ZXi 1.2 !
Old 4th May 2010, 11:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Please wait for the Swift ZXi 1.2 !
But the dealer says there are no "indents" (whatever that means) for Pune this month. He has absolutely no clue about when they will come either.

I guess buying any other vehicle in the same category will invite a similar amount of frustration (except, maybe, the I20, but thats costly), at this point of time.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
If I were you, I would go to every showroom in town and check what vehicles they have available in stock and go for it. I suggest you also check the availability with other Maruti or Ford dealers.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I suggest you also check the availability with other Maruti or Ford dealers.
I checked with other Maruti dealers too, and all of them expressed their inability to deliver a vehicle before July minimum.
However, all of them said that this period is prolonged because I want ZXi , if I wanted the VXi it can be arranged much sooner.

Most Viewed