Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 12:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

It has to be the WagonR for your uncles requirement. The beat (just in case he likes the bold looks) might not give him proper visibility due to the high dash and low seating. The Figo might not be pocket friendly during those painting repairs that are sure to come with a new driver in the city. I think he should be looking at the WagonR or the i10.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:45   #32
BHPian

My brother was looking for new car and considered more-or-less same cars you considered.
1. All new Wagon R
2. All new Estilo (Happened to look at this while in the showroom looking at wagonR)
3. Ritz (Not much analysis done - Because of Beat, this too came in the list)
4. Beat
5. Figo (Eliminated at the first level itself).
6. i10 (1.1 - as kappa is costlier)

In one line this is what came out of analysis
Build Quality: Beat >= i10 > wagonR
Value for money: wagonR > Beat > i10

He liked the Beat right from the beginning.
Impressed with the interior quality of i10.
Hated wagonR right from the beginning for its looks.

In fact he preferred "all new estilo" to "all new wagonr". Thanks to boxy look of wagonR. I too liked all new estilo. The new model is no more egg shaped. The dual tone colour interiors was very pleasant to eyes.
When enquired about the sales of the two, wagon-R is leading Estilo. The salesman was saying that people are yet to come out of bad name from previous zen estilo.
The back seat thigh support is not good in estilo and wagon-r scored in practicality.

i10 scored in quality of interiors - The plastics quality is way ahead of Maruti. But value for money is not that good. Kun Hyundai was offering 1st year insurance free (around 14K). Inspite of that its costly for the features it provides. It seems much of the cost goes to quality. And all this for 1.1L. If you go for 1.2 kappa its even more.
Now I know why i20 is selling like hot cakes. The quality + value for money is always welcomed world over.

Beat's 1.2 is superior and powerful. Quality is top class. The shape is novel. Masculine looks from the front and costly. When comparing costs, one could very well go for Ritz or Swift which has more space and features.

Wagon-r (small) things that touched:
1. Under seat storage
2. Cup holders with not just the hole at size of cups - but with holders with spring and can hold on any cup of different sizes.
3. Both options of 60:40 split of back seat + fully fold-able back seat.
4. Tilt steering
5. The tallboy effect giving more comfort to legs.

PS: My bro booked all new wagonR.

Last edited by iamswift : 1st July 2010 at 15:46.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Beat or Wagon R

My friend has an i10 and when we took a test drive of Beat recently his first comment was about the gearshift. In no time he said this is better than the i10's. Beat should go for a revamp probably due to the below drawbacks
  1. The dashboard is very curvy and hits the leg of both driver and co driver. Spark is better.
  2. The ergonomics is poor for power window switches, poor rear side visibility
  3. The headroom at the rear seat is very cramped. A tall person feels like pushed against a wall.
  4. The car has a good top speed of 160+ kmph but you can feel the drag when you want to shift from lower gear to higher gear
  5. Suspension is very good but boot space similar to Spark.
The new Wagon R is good against all these drawbacks in a Beat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks