Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:55   #16
BHPian

Paying 20-30k more for a good car is much better than saving some bucks and opting for a abused one. Saying that, please do check whether the car has a low running because of the problems it gave to the owner due to which they could hardly use the car.
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:52   #17
BHPian

whoa...waitaminute here. are you seriously considering spending close to 2.5L or more for a car which is overpriced when buying, while maintaining, and while driving, not to mention that generally apathetic condition of service? The only time it will cost less is when you want to sell it and you wont like that either.

I totally agree that its much better to spend a more and buy a well kept car than spending less and buying a not so well kept car. and i will also lend credence to the fact that we are all enthusiasts here and this particular sings a really sweet tune but seriously, really, it just doesn't make sense to me. I am not completely sure what to suggest to you at this range but buying this is throwing china from the balcony just to see and hear it break. Sure heart rules over the heart but don't lose the head completely either.

One thought is to wait a little and go in for the 1.6 Polo Hatch, if you do want a hot hatch.

PS: I apologize if this sounds a little harsh. I don't mean any offense but i really think you can do more with your money.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 3rd September 2010 at 20:54. Reason: Addition
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:09   #18
BANNED

rock go for it !

Sounds genuine as the last service was at 10500 in 2007 it might be the true mileage (12000)

best places to check for rust,painting is engine bay,door hinges/sill ,mud guards/fenders and if possible remove both the bumpers and watch out for dents
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

As ET said, If you are not getting this, PM me. Seems like a clean car.
Old 4th September 2010, 00:09   #20
BHPian

Don t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity . You will never regret the decision to buy it . Even if you pay 3 lk it is worth , if you loves to drive. This advice is based on my personnel experience with 1.6 engine fiat engine .
Old 4th September 2010, 04:07   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

If you intend to keep the car for a long time, stop worrying about the price and start dreaming about the nice drives you intend to take the car to.

However, if you find the price to be extremely high and the seller ready to take back the car(highly unlikely) consider the option of returning the car. But finding a car of that vintage with such a low mileage and virgin state will be impossible again.
Old 4th September 2010, 05:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If you intend to keep the car for a long time, stop worrying about the price and start dreaming about the nice drives you intend to take the car to.

However, if you find the price to be extremely high and the seller ready to take back the car(highly unlikely) consider the option of returning the car. But finding a car of that vintage with such a low mileage and virgin state will be impossible again.
I'd concur to the point made above. From your list, the only other reasonable option is the Baleno, if you intend to take another round of test-drives, send me a PM, I can tell you a few things you need to watch out for with the Baleno.
Old 4th September 2010, 19:15   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Did i agree to too much of money?
Finding good clean used cars entails a lot of work. When you find one, don't worry about paying a premium price for the right car. In fact, most of the used cars that I've ended up buying, I paid premium rupee. You are anyways saving a lot (vis a vis a new car), don't fret over 30 - 50 grand more.

Go bring her home.
Old 4th September 2010, 19:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

ROck if this car has done just 12k kms then close your eyes and pick it, 1.95 is a fair price for a car which is in great shape.

btw the other cars which you have listed in that list i can say Only Honda is a car as per me which can be bought even if it has done 80k + rest all you are taking a big risk.
Old 5th September 2010, 00:56   #25
BHPian

Go ahead and buy it !! It's one helluva car and you are getting one GOOD deal !!

And please don't disclose details of the current owner here. Someone from TBHP might go and offer him a premium :lol
Old 5th September 2010, 10:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Do not rush through the deal. Going by the premium stuff that has been discussed in this thread, it is not that easy to make the deal happen for the seller. You have all the time in the world unless someone like you wrap up the deal (chances of which is very less)

How long have been in the market hunting for a drivers car? What is your budget?

There is an ad in today's "The Hindu" classified for a 2006 single owner baleno done 26000 kms with service records (told) for Rs.3,10,000 with one full year insurance, which they have agreed to renew upon sale.

With the above quoted prices, this particular Baleno is there at their shop for atleast 5-6 months ...if you carry cash, quoted prices will melt down

If you cannot get some good deals, you can complete the S10 deal. This way you are clear on your purchase decision.
Old 5th September 2010, 12:23   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rock18,

You have already paid the advance. Now you can either close the deal or crash the deal. Out go from your pocket depends on which way you go.

It is in a way good that you asked your doubt on the forum. But no matter how much we discuss it here, the rest of us are only giving our opinion based on what we hear from you and commenting on other's comments here. Not many of us have seen the car to give a proper opinion / advice.

I will suggest you only one thing : get a couple of Chennai TBHP-ians who's opinion & knowledge you can count on. Go together & check the car. Discuss amongst yourselves there itself and decide once and for all if you want to take the car or not.

You have selected a car you like. If this car is good, get her home and start enjoying your drive. Throw everything else to the winds. If you find that you had made a mistake, then dump the car and get back to your search.

All the best.

Last edited by condor : 5th September 2010 at 12:39. Reason: spellings :(
Old 5th September 2010, 22:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
I read all the posts about how to buy a used car here, but still when i saw the car.my brain ceased working and forgot everything.
I know! Don't know what happens when you see the car of your dreams. All sense & logic seem to go out of the head. Happened with me too!

If its been checked to be clean, I'll say go with your instinct. 10-20k here & there don't matter too much.
Old 6th September 2010, 06:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
10-20k here & there don't matter too much.
Its actually more than that. If it's just 10-20k, I agree with you its a steal deal. Most probably dealers would offer in the range of Rs.75k - 90k.

CarValue | My Valuations | CarWale CarValue - CarWale

Carwale is reasonable in price indications. Though I love them to come up with more tabs like no.of.owners/Re-Registered? etc as they have impact on the prices.

Hence its better to wait for 1 week, analyze the market & other offers which includes different makes 'n' models before taking the plunge

http://www.carwale.com/MyCarwale/Car...spx?id=9841015

Dealers offer for Baleno specs, which I quoted in my previous post in this thread would be in between Rs.2.25-2.40. When it comes to market it will be in excess of Rs.3L neg.

Last edited by Surprise : 6th September 2010 at 06:33.
Old 6th September 2010, 22:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

How long have been in the market hunting for a drivers car? What is your budget?

There is an ad in today's "The Hindu" classified for a 2006 single owner baleno done 26000 kms with service records (told) for Rs.3,10,000 with one full year insurance, which they have agreed to renew upon sale.

With the above quoted prices, this particular Baleno is there at their shop for atleast 5-6 months ...if you carry cash, quoted prices will melt down

If you cannot get some good deals, you can complete the S10 deal. This way you are clear on your purchase decision.
@surprise:
I am in hunt for almost 3-4months.The baleno you have mentioned is there in Kapico true value, OMR. i guess. I test drove it and it was good but true value doesn't want to come less than 3lakhs for that car.
I asked for 2.6L. I gave them my number saying i will be ready anytime to give full cash payment but did not get a call back.
I was particular that i would get only 2006 VXI black baleno but did not get anything below 3L.
so almost decided on a 2006 VXI with BMW alloys for 3L and then S10 deal came.
I did see carwale prices before going to see the car.It quotes little over a lakh for 2002 S10. Baleno prices are more or less accurate.2001 VTEC is quoted as 2lakhs but nobody is willing to give it for less than 3lakhs even though its clocked almost a lakh kms.
I missed 2002 OHC automatic and 20k run fiesta 1.6 because i was stubborn with the carwale prices only to regret later..so i did not want to miss this deal looking at the carwale pricing.

S10 is one of my college days favorite because of sachin tendulkar i don't know about palio then but now i know S10/GTX is one of Team bhp's favorite cars. so it doesn't get better than this.

Big thanks to one and all who have replied to my post.Since most of the replies are positive.I went and brought her home (as GTO said).
Will open a new thread with pics soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks