Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2005, 20:26   #16

Thanks everyone for their valuable inputs/feedback. We have decided to go with Getz, only question is timing. As we are near the end of 2005, is it a good idea to buy the Getz this month, we do not mind waiting. Because if we want to sell it in another 2-3 years it will be a 2005 model Getz when we are just one month into the year 2006. But does anyone know when the 2006 model year Getz will be released, is it in the beginning of the year like Jan-Feb.
Also, there is probably price increases related to the new model. Trident Hyundai in Bangalore is offering Rs 20,000 off the 2005 Getz this week, we are tempted to go for it , but then what if next month they release the 2006 model and just for waiting a month we lose out on the 1 year model..
Any inputs on this is much appreciated.
Thanks
Joy Rider
Old 8th December 2005, 02:45   #17
BHPian

I don't think they release a new model in the Jan of each year
All u need to do is to register the car in Jan and it will become a 2006 model !!

BTW, why have you not considered the Swift ZXI ?
In the same price range u get ABS, airbags, alloys etc.
Just curious.
Old 8th December 2005, 14:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
I don't think they release a new model in the Jan of each year
All u need to do is to register the car in Jan and it will become a 2006 model !!
Model year on your RC is the year of manufacture, not the year of registration.
Old 8th December 2005, 16:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

Infact even if you buy in January, you will still get the previous years date because most cars in showroom are 2 weeks to 1 month old, unless its a new model being introduced.
Old 9th December 2005, 00:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy_Rider
Thanks everyone for their valuable inputs/feedback. We have decided to go with Getz, only question is timing. As we are near the end of 2005, is it a good idea to buy the Getz this month, we do not mind waiting. Because if we want to sell it in another 2-3 years it will be a 2005 model Getz when we are just one month into the year 2006. But does anyone know when the 2006 model year Getz will be released, is it in the beginning of the year like Jan-Feb.
Also, there is probably price increases related to the new model. Trident Hyundai in Bangalore is offering Rs 20,000 off the 2005 Getz this week, we are tempted to go for it , but then what if next month they release the 2006 model and just for waiting a month we lose out on the 1 year model..
Any inputs on this is much appreciated.
Thanks
Joy Rider

Mite, if u gonna keep this car for around 5 years and above, then please dont think about taking the car in 2006 Jan, and u might as well take it right now and avail the fabulous discounts u get this time of the year, as in Jan the prices of the car always are hiked.
In case u want to sell off the car in 2-3 years time, then u are better off buying the car in Jan 2006 as in short term this makes a difference.

And mind u, the people who see wether its a 2005 or 2006 vehicle while buying a second hand car, they dont just see the "date of Registration" most of them also see the MANUFACTURE date! so yea, u buy the car now, and get it registered in 2006, in that way u will get discounts of this time, also get ur car registered in 2006 for namesake!

eNjOy!
Old 9th December 2005, 12:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

I second what Steeroid is saying. Somehow, I feel Tata vehicles are best when they are diesels. The Indigo will be nowhere close to the Getz in terms of refinement and fit and finish. Still, that trunk could be tempting. So test ride the Indigo. But my gut feeling is that you will go for the Getz.
Old 10th December 2005, 03:36   #22

[SIZE=2]We went and bought a Getz GVS model from Advaith in Bangalore yesterday. We didn't get the mp3 player since they were asking for Rs. 12,000 extra for this, we thought we can get this fitted later from someone else at a lower price. Any suggestions on stores to goto in Bangalore for this ?[/SIZE]
Old 12th December 2005, 12:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Whats the discount you got from the dealer.
Old 12th December 2005, 12:23   #24
BHPian

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
CHANDAN: ever heard of the K&N Air filters??? i too thought the getz could use a lil more power, but after putting the K&N Air Filter, its superb now! shows how much a mere air filters makes such a difference to the engine power! for Getz it costs around Rs.3,700/- and well worth each penny spent!
If you fit a K&N filter in a new car, the dealer/manufacturer can void the warranty. They will do so even if you have a totally unrelated problem such as a gear box problem
Old 12th December 2005, 14:51   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Whats the discount you got from the dealer.
They have Rs. 20,000 off of the GVS model.
Old 12th December 2005, 14:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainscooper
If you fit a K&N filter in a new car, the dealer/manufacturer can void the warranty. They will do so even if you have a totally unrelated problem such as a gear box problem
The late Philipkuttys, who was a member of TBHP, had fitted K&Nson his Innova and Indica. His warranty hadnt been voided, and he was to give us more information on this particular topic on the day he expired....

I'll check with his workshop owner friend if he had any input from Vinod on this issue.
Old 9th January 2006, 16:05   #27

Indigo, getz or esteem

Hello,
I am trying to decide between Esteem VXI, Getz (upper end model) and Indigo (GLX petrol or the diesel version. The one without leather upholstery). Fuel efficiency and maintenance would certainly be big considerations. Again Children are growing up, so we do need space. Prices are comparable..except Esteem which is lesser. But it is a good mid sized car I think. Still it would be nice to get some feedback. Specialy for Indigo and Getz. Quickly please, I plan to surprise my wife during our anniversary later this month.

Last edited by Arin : 9th January 2006 at 16:10.
Old 9th January 2006, 16:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

Long running > 40kms per month got for indigo LX. But new indigo may be coming out in feb, thats why they are giving such high discounts of 30K.
Old 9th January 2006, 16:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't consider the esteem at all.
It's outdated, cramped up for space, unsafe, bad ride and some quality issues like rattling. It's only easy to maintain, gives a good average, and is a really good performer.
Like Tsk said, if you drive more then 50kms/day then get the Indigo Diesel otherwise get a brand new Getz as its more Mordern, comfortable, beter built then the Indigo. Also, the quality and reliability chart of the Indigo is still a bit iffy.
Cheers.
Old 9th January 2006, 17:21   #30
BHPian

Go with the getz you cant go wrong. But then again iam a hyundai fan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks