Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 10:49   #16
BHPian

If price is the concern go for Santro, else go for Swift.
Old 16th December 2005, 16:31   #17
BHPian

Out of the 3 short listed you dont even have to think twice.

Buy the Swift
Old 16th December 2005, 16:43   #18
BHPian

My 2 paise to the choices and reasons already mentioned: If the primary driver is going to be a younger person who would prefer a responsive vehicle with the most radical looks then the Swift would be the first choice. If the driver is to be an older person where smooth ride and a relaxed performer with a lot of interior space and refinement is key then the Getz wins. I like the seating position of the Getz and found it very good for crowded city driving and even for the longer highway trips. (I havnt driven the Swift yet).
If price is the main concern then the Santro wins. The zen should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Swift and Getz.
Old 16th December 2005, 17:18   #19
BHPian

I'm booking a swift in the next couple of days.
Getting free insurance, which comes to a discount of about 15k.

Dunno why people give so much importance to rear sitting and luggage space.
When 90% of the times is is the front seats that are in use.
Unless of course, you have a driver and sit in the rear seat with others most of the time.

In fact, at one point of time I was thinking of buying the NHC, but then I thought why pay 3 lacs more for a car that has 10 bhp less than the swift !!
I agree that the NHC has other frills, but then 3 lacs is a lot of money and I could buy a 2nd car for my wife !!

I feel the swift is an amazing car at a terrific price.
The only issue with it, is its radical styling that does not go down well with relatively more conservative guys who prefer conventional looking cars.
NHC provoked a similar initial response to its new design.
Old 16th December 2005, 17:19   #20
BHPian

Getz makes its way into a discussion involving the SWIFT even if there is no mention of it. The contrary is also true i suppose. Getz in my opinion has been given its due only after the launch of the SWIFT. Lots of people have taken notice of its space /refinement and quality.

Am sure there may have been some sales figures to justify that, Does anyone have the sales figures of the Getz post and pre launch of the SWIFT.
Old 16th December 2005, 18:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak

Dunno why people give so much importance to rear sitting and luggage space.
When 90% of the times is is the front seats that are in use.
Unless of course, you have a driver and sit in the rear seat with others most of the time.

In fact, at one point of time I was thinking of buying the NHC, but then I thought why pay 3 lacs more for a car that has 10 bhp less than the swift !!
I agree that the NHC has other frills, but then 3 lacs is a lot of money and I could buy a 2nd car for my wife !!

I feel the swift is an amazing car at a terrific price.
The only issue with it, is its radical styling that does not go down well with relatively more conservative guys who prefer conventional looking cars.
NHC provoked a similar initial response to its new design.
Umm there is another thing... you may not realise that immediately but will do so in future. Once the family increases... parents visit, kids come in... you need that much of extra storage space. This is one area where Swift may lag. Otherwise it is a fantastic vehicle.

P.S. : If you are looking at a vehicle for a shorter period of time, say 3 years, then of course the above concern may not necessarily apply.

Last edited by Zappo : 16th December 2005 at 18:08.
Old 16th December 2005, 18:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Its really frustrating when people compare Swift with Santro/Zen. Swift is in a different segment.
Old 16th December 2005, 18:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
How do you got his offer of 15k for Swift that too for the order which is not released?
Old 16th December 2005, 18:59   #24
BHPian

Santro Vs Swift

Well the gods have spoken... Its inbetween Santro and Swift...

Lemme put in a piece of experience here.

Santro was the most hated car (my perspective).
But I ended up owning one.
Well... Lets make this simple.
If you want a decent, proven, easy to drive, Low TCO car... Santro is the one to look for.
Decent becoz everyone owns one, looks fine and its now accepted in the society.
Proven becoz santro has been here for a while and hyundai has a good after sales support, almost troublefree.
Easy to drive becoz you feel its pretty easily to handle in the city, small turning radius, Quick Accelaration in lower gears.
Low Total Cost of Ownership becoz of the troublefree nature and lost cost of parts. (Recently somebody tore off my front bumper which destroyed my whole front bumper... I changed it in the showroom for just Rs 1200. Wow!!! (Not a body color bumper).

The above statements doesnt mean Swift hasnt got these features... i am giving out my experience.
Old 16th December 2005, 20:04   #25
BHPian

Swift all the way

No tussle here, Swift wins hands down.

Last edited by anthiltg : 16th December 2005 at 20:08.
Old 16th December 2005, 20:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Well the gods have spoken... Its inbetween Santro and Swift...

Lemme put in a piece of experience here.

Santro was the most hated car (my perspective).
But I ended up owning one.
Well... Lets make this simple.
If you want a decent, proven, easy to drive, Low TCO car... Santro is the one to look for.
Decent becoz everyone owns one, looks fine and its now accepted in the society.
Proven becoz santro has been here for a while and hyundai has a good after sales support, almost troublefree.
Easy to drive becoz you feel its pretty easily to handle in the city, small turning radius, Quick Accelaration in lower gears.
Low Total Cost of Ownership becoz of the troublefree nature and lost cost of parts. (Recently somebody tore off my front bumper which destroyed my whole front bumper... I changed it in the showroom for just Rs 1200. Wow!!! (Not a body color bumper).

The above statements doesnt mean Swift hasnt got these features... i am giving out my experience.

i agree with you and thats what i felt
Old 16th December 2005, 21:43   #27
BHPian

Confirmation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesri1981
i agree with you and thats what i felt

Thats what I am talkin about bro...
And few of the Team-Bhpains are aware of my driving habits and u can say I am notorious for that. But my Xingy has survived all that. I spend close to 5G's for my last service, my car is running appoximately 24K Kms... I wouldnt say factory setting... but my car still sound and run fine...
Old 16th December 2005, 23:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
How do you got his offer of 15k for Swift that too for the order which is not released?
A couple of dealers in Mumbai have advertised this option in the papers.
Immediate delivery with free insurance.
Of course, u need to take a finance of at least 3 lac for that
Old 16th December 2005, 23:53   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg
Guys help me decide which one to buy out of the three. which one is the all rounder, and the best buy.
Isn't it amazing that you don't have any say on your choice of cars? You're looking for everybody's comment to decide!!!!
Move yourself out in the market and find out what you like and what you don't. Remember, you're the one who'll drive the car.
Buy the one you feel the best for your need and fancy. After 5000km, put up a report.
Thanks. I'm closing this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks