Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2005, 23:00   #1
BHPian

Does Palio D suit me?

Hi friends, it is my first post on this wonderful site. I am basically looking for a good second hand diesel car for my daily home-office-home journey in Mumbai( from Malad to Fort and back). It is around 70 km per day. My budget is around 300k(+10 %). I am intersted in Palio diesel- preferably not more than 3 years old, not more than 25000 kms run, positively first owner, registered in Mumbai with octroi and life time tax paid, having properly maintained service history among other things. Mileage is not a big criterion but anyhting in the range 12-15 kmpl will be ok.The car should be in reasonably good condition with original paints etc. I request the members to let me know if anybody is interested to sell any such car with the above specification. Incidently, Indica D is my second choice followed by petrol models like WagonR, Snatro ets. I am available on 9323700681 and bagchi_p123@yahoo.co.in. Thanks,
Purnendu Bagchi
Old 27th December 2005, 23:07   #2
BHPian

Hey,
The palio is an excellent car... I own a palio myself (moms car), Petrol 1.2, Robust build quality and terrible turning radius. I cant comment about the service becoz i seldom service that car. Everyone says the service sux so i believe it too.
U could also consider Accent Diesel, not the crdi, but the one with TUD5 Engine. I hear that CRDI got issues. I have pretty good experience with Hyundai, coz i own a santro. They have been making me smile all the time I go there.
Yes after sales service is very important and not to be overlooked.

Senior TBHPian will giv u the exact idea.
Old 28th December 2005, 00:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

you like the car???

Then yes it suits you. No car is bad and usually cars serve very well for 4-5 years. while there will be cons there also pros of each car.

buy the palioD and believe me you wont regret it.
Old 28th December 2005, 00:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am intersted in Palio diesel- preferably not more than 3 years old, not more than 25000 kms run, positively first owner, registered in Mumbai with octroi and life time tax paid, having properly maintained service history among other things. Mileage is not a big criterion but anyhting in the range 12-15 kmpl will be ok.The car should be in reasonably good condition with original paints etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow man you really narrowed your car down to the last speck of dust on it..

anyways the palio D is a nice car and i think if you get any or all the options stated above you will be one lucky man.. jokes apart.. go for it if you get it. I would not recommend you a second hand indica.. I heard about some problems in it after the car has run 50,000 kms.. practically the entire car rattles. so palio it is..
Old 28th December 2005, 02:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great choice of car. Yes the Palio D suits you to the T. With a travelling distance of 70 kms a day you are the perfect candidate for a Diesel and Palio D is a wonderful car. Trust me in not time you will be addicted to the Italian machine. I understand you live in Malad. Take your car to Anuroop for all your service needs. They are the best Fiat dealers in Mumbai.
Old 28th December 2005, 02:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps you should look at used Esteem Ds as well. They were quite driveable and refined, and Maruti service wil ensure peace of mind....finding one could be a problem, though.

You may also want to consider the Ikon 1.8 D.
Old 28th December 2005, 08:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
U could also consider Accent Diesel, not the crdi, but the one with TUD5 Engine. I hear that CRDI got issues.

Please justify your point...
TUD5 in an accent...???
Old 28th December 2005, 09:57   #8
BHPian

Hey,

Palio D will suit you better. Since you are from Malad, Anuroop is near to you and are one of the best service station with 3S setup. I never had any issues with Anuroop, thanks to my palio that never ever given any serious problem in the past four years.
Old 28th December 2005, 10:48   #9
BHPian

It does indeed suit you and its a good little car. In case you are willing to spend a bit more (near to 400k) you can get a brand new Indica Turbo which while also satisfying your needs will have a the "new" car feel to it.

But of course if you cant stretch the budget and you can find such a car as specified , Palio D is a excellent choice.
Old 28th December 2005, 11:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

HI,

Whats TUD5 in accent. Never heared of it. Can you clear this up ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Hey,
The palio is an excellent car... I own a palio myself (moms car), Petrol 1.2, Robust build quality and terrible turning radius. I cant comment about the service becoz i seldom service that car. Everyone says the service sux so i believe it too.
U could also consider Accent Diesel, not the crdi, but the one with TUD5 Engine. I hear that CRDI got issues. I have pretty good experience with Hyundai, coz i own a santro. They have been making me smile all the time I go there.
Yes after sales service is very important and not to be overlooked.

Senior TBHPian will giv u the exact idea.
Old 28th December 2005, 11:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
HI,

Whats TUD5 in accent. Never heared of it. Can you clear this up ???
The TUD5 was the motor on the Accent DLS till about 2003 when the CRDI engine replaced it.
Old 28th December 2005, 14:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Read long term reviews on T-BHP on Palio-D (I guess, there is one excellent review posted by Cream(?)) before you make any decision.
Old 28th December 2005, 14:36   #13
BHPian

Since your in Bombay, its OK to buy Palio-D. Because you can get spares quickly and at less cost.
Old 28th December 2005, 14:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Please justify your point...
TUD5 in an accent...???
TUD5 is a famous diesel engine developed by pugeot. it was in 309GLD, zen diesel, esteem diesel and accent (till they introduced crdi).
Old 28th December 2005, 15:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

I guess palio d will suit you well for your requirement. As steeroid mentioned, you can also take a look at zen d and esteem d. If you can stretch your budget to around 4l, the new indica turbo d is also a good deal. If not, Palio will definitely suite your requirements well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks