Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:14   #16
BANNED

Re: Vista Aura Plus quadrajet or Figo TDCi titanium or Micra XV Premium Diesel?? HELP

Dont go for any Maruti Diesels, since they are CRAMPED and CLAUSTROPHOBIC.

Nissan is much refined and has a nice Diesel engine. Backed by low service centres.

If you need a a spacious,comfortable VFM car, Nothing beats the INDICA VISTA Quadrajet. One of the Best diesel engines to drive around.

All the Best
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vista Aura Plus quadrajet or Figo TDCi titanium or Micra XV Premium Diesel?? HELP

Since you have also included Micra XV Premium Diesel, I would assume your max. OTR budget is Rs. 7lakh.

Why not also consider Grande Punto Emotion 1.3 at ~ Rs. 6.8lakh?
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Since you have also included Micra XV Premium Diesel, I would assume your max. OTR budget is Rs. 7lakh.

Exactly my thoughts. When i was on the look out for a premium diesel hatch, i narrowed upon Figo and Punto. I was quoted 7L OTR for Punto Emotion Pack 75 BHP in chennai (After a discount of around Rs.40K in Nov, 2010). If discounts are still available, i would recommend the Emotion Pack. Safety is prime and do not exclude the life savers.

If you don't want to stretch the budget, i think Figo Titanium would be a good option. Its the VFM hatch. Its great within the city and good enough for the highway. I felt that it slightly lacks the mid and high range power delivery which the MJD has. I would have picked it anyway as it exactly ticks all my boxes.

The main reason why we ignored Vista was the unanimous feeling in our family that its a taxi and i personally did not like the center console. But its a very competent machine by current standards and class leader in comfort (except for the niggling issues already mentioned by the members here). I am not aware of TATA's after sales service, so can't comment on that.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:32   #19
BHPian

You see your priorities, whether you want a family car or you want a much more fun to drive car. If you can live with the not so fun to drive vista as figo but would like to have good time/space for your family, go with vista. else, if you want the fun to drive quotient, go with figo. It's as simple as that.
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Exactly my point. I got for the Vista for family purposes and its extreme VFM when I bought (2009).

But now Figo scores over the Vista in the VFM category. As rightly said by turbo_delight, set your priorities.
Old 5th March 2011, 22:46   #21
BHPian

Love this thread, as I am in the same dilemma. Vista VS Figo for the wifey (my interest being that I will drive it too at times.. ).
Will be following this closely. Could somebody post the cost details.
-salil
Old 27th March 2011, 15:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Personally i like the Nissan Micra. It's different, has that special something which gives you a feel good factor. Also is quite loaded with electric retract mirrors, ACC and i think push button Start/Stop as well. But Nissan has clearly skimped on the safety features like no ABS and only one airbag. so that definately is a point of concern. obviously you would like to have these safety features on your premium hatch.

Next in line would be the figo with as someone mentioned below has a killer price tag, and is quite loaded too with a Bluetooth sound system, ABS and dual airbags. I think the figo is one tough cookie to beat, when you look at the complete package.

So my choice, Nissan Micra first, then the Figo.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Personally i like the Nissan Micra. It's different, has that special something which gives you a feel good factor. Also is quite loaded with electric retract mirrors, ACC and i think push button Start/Stop as well. But Nissan has clearly skimped on the safety features like no ABS and only one airbag. so that definately is a point of concern. obviously you would like to have these safety features on your premium hatch.

Next in line would be the figo with as someone mentioned below has a killer price tag, and is quite loaded too with a Bluetooth sound system, ABS and dual airbags. I think the figo is one tough cookie to beat, when you look at the complete package.

If you are thinking of Micra, do consider the after sales service also. If you have a service center that is close to your home, you can think otherwise do not buy.

You might have to pay untimely visits also, in case there are small issues. Personally, i own a vista and if there's any slightest problem, i go to the service station as it's in my way to office.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

For the space and the engine, go for Vista. TASS is improving day by day. I would any day have a car with initial niggles, which are rectified promptly, rather than have one where getting warranty repairs is a big pain.
Old 31st March 2011, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post

Punto makes a strong point to have a second thought for your budget. Give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

Push button Start/Stop makes a little sense compared to safety features like ABS & Airbags, specially when you are looking a for a hatch in 6-7 lac territory. With this I would give priority to Figo.

@riziali
Its just a personal opinion, but I would suggest to TD the New Fabia Ambient TDI. The price range would be almost comparable with Micra, as Ambient TDI comes aprox 6.8L on road. Its not fully loaded one, but what you will get is a tough built and great looker premium hatch. The top end varient comes somewhere 7.5L on road. Better I don't say anything about Skoda services!
Old 12th April 2011, 02:39   #26
BHPian

On this topic, can anyone point out which are the possible diesel hatch launches this year? I may be in for a diesel hatch in the next few months.

I've heard of Beat diesel. What about Etios hatch diesel? The next swift version? What else?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12th April 2011, 11:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Beat diesel is around the corner. Etios Liva diesel might take some more time. Swift is already here, but not sure whether we have next gen Swift available. One BHPian had mentioned that he has booked next gen Swift, but he was not sure as he did not see it in flesh.

Ford Fiesta hatch coming sometime in 2012.
Old 12th April 2011, 12:39   #28
BHPian

Thanks Ajay! Any others with more info will be appreciated.

Riziali - do you want a car immediately? Or are you willing to wait 2-3 months to see new options?
Old 30th April 2011, 14:37   #29
BHPian

If you are looking for a real VFM car then its got to be the VISTA. Don't worry about the T.A.S.S cos I had the same dilemma when buying one but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise during both my visits. TD the figo & vista with 3 at the back on a not so good road and then decide for yourself.
Old 30th April 2011, 22:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Where Vista scores over Figo:
1. Space
2. Ground clearance
3. Seat comfort

Where Figo scores over Vista:
1. Steering
2. AC
3. No turbo lag
4. Music system
5. Snob value
6. Fun to drive

Most Viewed