Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 23:46   #1
BHPian

Frustrating experience with Geeyem Motors, Cochin. EDIT : Now resolved!

Last week(April 21st Thursday) when I was in Cochin, in a sudden Aveo's AC stopped working, cold air was not coming from blower. But I feel the compressor was working.
Immediately I took the car to Geeyem Motors Cochin (Chevy dealer).
I went there at around 2pm. Waited almost 25 minutes to get one SA to attend my car. It's not because all of them were busy working, I can see so many so called SAs just chitt chatting there.
At last I got my person, he just started the car and switched on AC and after he told me, "There might be gas leakage and all the gas might have gone".
Then I told him to check the car for AC gas leakage and if it’s not a time consuming work then go for the fix. Then he told me, "They can take the car, but they can do the checkings / repair only on April 25th Monday and give back the car on Tuesday / Wednesday depends on the work as they have holiday on Friday and some people are taking leave on
Saturday, WHAT A REPLY!!
I requested him again as I am planning to drive back to Bangalore on that Saturday / Sunday and it’s difficult to drive back all the way in this summer with 2 small kids travelling along with me. No way I can get a bus / train ticket after Easter vacations.
But he is adamant and told me the same thing.
I came out from there, called some of my contacts there. Luckily got a contact of "Indian Auto Air Services" from my cousin. They are the authorized dealers for Subros & Denso.
Went there at around 3.45pm and told them the problem. They checked the gas and compressor out with the gauge. There was no gas leakage at all, but the compress was not able to pump the air. They told me, it may be because of compressor's pressure valve problem. Luckily they had stock of this valve and replaced the same. (Empty the gas, did the flush and cleaning, replace the valve, filled the gas). AC started working again. Got my car back at 5.30pm, just 1 hr 45 minutes work.
Total bill came around 3600. They provide me all the details.

God saved me from Geeyem Motors(Chevy dealer). I am very much sure if this is done by a Chevy dealer they will charge a bomb or even they may say the compressor itself has gone or something.
But the most irritating part is, the Chevy's SA is not ready to look at what the problem is.

Now I am realizing the importance of customer support in a hard way.

Last edited by kavu75 : 29th April 2011 at 23:49.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2011, 13:04   #2
BANNED

re: Frustrating experience with Geeyem Motors, Cochin: Resolved quickly!

I am afraid this is more a work culture thing than Chevy or Geeyem problem. The "cushy" feeling coming out of a sense of security.
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:18   #3
BHPian

I appreciate the effort of chevy dealer in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2333186

But in my case they are not even ready to diagnose the problem.

I think they are the sole dealer in Cochin and they can enjoy their monopoly. But at the end as Chevy customer i am in the receiving end.
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I appreciate the effort of chevy dealer in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2333186

But in my case they are not even ready to diagnose the problem.

I think they are the sole dealer in Cochin and they can enjoy their monopoly. But at the end as Chevy customer i am in the receiving end.
Kavu75, Do write it to them.

Hope it will do some good.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:28   #5
BHPian

I have sent the details to Chevy yesterday.
Today morning i got a from Chevy and asked the details and told me, They are extremely sorry with what happened, they will make sure to update this to the dealer itself. If the problem still exists they will make arrangements to fix the issue. I thanked them.
Then after sometime i got a call from service manager of Geeyem Motors Cochin. He asked me if i am still there in Cochin and asked about the issues. He assured me that this won't happen again and extremely sorry with what happened. He gave me his contact details also.

A good support from Chevy, Thanks Chevy for taking my concern.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I have sent the details to Chevy yesterday.
Today morning i got a from Chevy and asked the details and told me, They are extremely sorry with what happened, they will make sure to update this to the dealer itself. If the problem still exists they will make arrangements to fix the issue. I thanked them.
Then after sometime i got a call from service manager of Geeyem Motors Cochin. He asked me if i am still there in Cochin and asked about the issues. He assured me that this won't happen again and extremely sorry with what happened. He gave me his contact details also.

A good support from Chevy, Thanks Chevy for taking my concern.
Great. Its basically the attitude of the service guys, that spoils the name of the company. Hope they learn from this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks