Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2011, 11:31   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Innova is not an issue. I had Corolla for last four years and also one Innova, in both vehicles never found any problems and no issues from Uttam Toyota as well.
Even I found the galaxy people a little more competent. You can try going to them once. Who knows if they might be able to come up with a solution.

Quote:
I Guess sir that would be the now the New year Gift to them. But this would take more than a year to reach some decision.
I really doubt what can be achieved by the legal route. Ideally and morally thats the right way to go from here but with our court system I am not sure if you will really be able to achieve anything. Sorry for sounding pessimistic but I feel if the problem stays unresolved and you are convinced you have been given a lemon, just sell the vehicle off. Fortuner still has a waiting and the prices for used cars are insane right now.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 12:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I found the galaxy people a little more competent. You can try going to them once. Who knows if they might be able to come up with a solution.

I really doubt what can be achieved by the legal route. Ideally and morally thats the right way to go from here but with our court system I am not sure if you will really be able to achieve anything. Sorry for sounding pessimistic but I feel if the problem stays unresolved and you are convinced you have been given a lemon, just sell the vehicle off. Fortuner still has a waiting and the prices for used cars are insane right now.

Don't you think it's this attitude of us in India over here which has resulted in the Auto Majors giving us whatever they want at whatever price they want. We as customers do not take any responsibility but just pass it on. I had this thing to sell it but then is passing on our troubles good - is it even that morally correct.

is a place where people unofficially are gathering against Lemon cars and hope it takes on momentum and Car companies become more compassionate towards passion of people like us.
rhandle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 13:12   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't you think it's this attitude of us in India over here which has resulted in the Auto Majors giving us whatever they want at whatever price they want. We as customers do not take any responsibility but just pass it on. I had this thing to sell it but then is passing on our troubles good - is it even that morally correct.
Mate I totally agree with you on this one. Whatever is wrong with our country right from corruption, road rage, eve teasing( followed by murder) and bad laws - the onus of responsibility lies with us. But before embarking on that missionary journey and getting entangled in the legal web, do go through Harish's thread against Skoda. His is a classic example of the state of our legal system. His car has troubles way more serious then yours, the attitude of the dealer and the company has been nothing less then atrocious compared to in your case. Whats the end result? All the poor guy does is go to court and is awarded a new date in the future.
So yes even though this is the ideal step on paper, the REAL world is quite different. This does not mean you may not get justice. You may get a new car or a refund 10 years down the line. The more important question for me is is it worth your time, energy and 10 years of your life?

Selling the vehicle sounds very wrong. Agreed. I was just listing you the options you had. Also if morality is that big a factor then you can always let the buyer know of the detailed servicing history, throw in a little extra discount and many people will be happy to live with that noise.

Nevertheless I would love to see you take the legal route and bring them down. Good luck with that!

Quote:
is a place where people unofficially are gathering against Lemon cars and hope it takes on momentum and Car companies become more compassionate towards passion of people like us.
I really hope it materializes into something huge and something is done seriously to protect the consumer's interest.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:21   #34
BHPian

Thanks Doctor, but one thing what Harish's thread has done - Put me miles away from SKODA, and whoever I meet I try and make sure the same happens. I am sure because of that thread they have lost lot of business and credibility.

I know many failed cases. My friend has filed a case in consumer court and as per him his case was dismissed because his lawyer was not present during the hearings. Obviously Lawyer got better payment from company.

But one day - slowly slowly people will take notice of few poor people like us to turn this in to a movement where everyone will get their money worth and wont be taken for a ride.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:35   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Doctor, but one thing what Harish's thread has done - Put me miles away from SKODA, and whoever I meet I try and make sure the same happens. I am sure because of that thread they have lost lot of business and credibility.
Ofcourse they have lost business like hell. Many many members have become highly critical of Skoda. Even I stay as far away as possible. we didnt even consider Laura when we bought the Altis a couple of months back even though its such a beautiful car.

Quote:
But one day - slowly slowly people will take notice of few poor people like us to turn this in to a movement where everyone will get their money worth and wont be taken for a ride.
Thats an excellent thought and sooner or later that time will surely come.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 15:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

GearBox & T-Case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Rahul,

The grinding noise usually indicates a synchro/bearing problem i.e inside the Gear Box.

Is the Shifter( Gear Lever) Directly on top of the Gear Box or is remote with a Linkage mechanism?
Quote:
I have no idea about this Arka.
Hi Rahul,

How is the shifter (Shifting Rails & Shifting Fork) Lubricated?

Have you checked the Gear Oil level in the G-Box & T-Case.

Regards,

Arka
Old 28th November 2011, 00:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea about this Arka.

Innova is not an issue. I had Corolla for last four years and also one Innova, in both vehicles never found any problems and no issues from Uttam Toyota as well.

I Guess sir that would be the now the New year Gift to them. But this would take more than a year to reach some decision.

At least they will realize how careless and improper their service were. 2nd goodness would be this, UTTAM TOYOTA will be more serious and careful next time so there would not be another consumer to go through the mental agony, inconvenience you have gone through.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 22:43   #38
BHPian

Well they say since changing the gearbox has not solved the problem this is the characteristic of the vehicle!!
Old 16th December 2011, 15:37   #39
BHPian

Another mail sent after no response I had to call them up and was fortunate that my call was picked.

Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:09:32 +0530
To: "vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in" <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>
Cc: voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>
Conversation: Toyota Fortuner *confirming Telephonic talks*
Subject: Toyota Fortuner *confirming Telephonic talks*

Dear Mr. Vivek,

In no response from you, Toyota team and the dealer regarding my email I made a call to you. I am thankful to you for answering my call and returning my call same day ( 6th December 2011) evening itself.

First thanks for letting me know on which address to send the legal notice.

Second what I wanted to confirm was our conversation. You said, that since, clutch, and gearbox has been changed so the gear getting stuck can be an inherent problem/characteristic of the vehicle. You also promised to get me that in written. I am non-technical guy, but am surprised why you, your Toyota trained mechanic, UTTAM TOYOTA wasted your time and mine in replacing, the clutch, the gearbox – and above all TIME, yours and mine both.

This goes on to prove that if there was not a problem but a characteristic of the vehicle – then Toyota team is guilty of wasting my time, and money of Toyota company in replacing the vehicles. Also this shows the teams inefficiency in analyzing and problem solving.

Now if it is not a characteristic then TOYOTA has failed on the same terms.

I would be interesting to know which decadence you accept.

Regards
Rahul

CC
Fax to Mr. Akio Toyoda- President and Director, Toyota Operations.

1 Toyota-Cho
Toyota City, Aichi 471-8571
Japan

Phone: 81 5 6528 2121
Fax: 81 5 6523 5800

Old 23rd December 2011, 16:55   #40
BHPian

Mr. VR from Toyota tells me why I have become mediator for people about Toyota. I am just a customer and should people have a problem they should reach out to Toyota and to me. I do not know if anyone has approached TOYOTA saying they have approached them through me. BAD BAD Toyota TACTICS to defame their customers.

Also they claim the gearbox change was a kind of Pity - if that was so why did'nt you changed the car. This guy just cannot stand on his statements. They also tell me next time when they come and they do not find the problem they would close the case.

Though I am tired of waiting for them to give me a single piece in writing!! To hell with TOYOTA TATTU - I am never gonna buy a Toyota ever again!
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:56   #41
BHPian

A quick search on Toyota Fortuner and gear issues resulted in these things:

Toyota Fortuner complaints received – 9 | Kaptein Caprivi blogs...

Imperial Toyota | Complaint | Fortuner Gearbox failure 1 month out of warrantee - 13

Toyota Problems! - SA 4x4 Community Forum

Hilux / Fortuner problems - SA 4x4 Community Forum
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:45   #42
BHPian

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-tl.jpg

Autocar India publishes my complaints in February 2012 issue and printed on page 188.

Hope Toyota does intends to improve upon it's quality.

I have been contacted twice by Toyota we will come and inspect your car but till now nothing has happened.
Old 17th September 2013, 13:47   #43
BHPian

Well the transmission box has been replaced troubles ceased.
rhandle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 15:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Well the transmission box has been replaced troubles ceased.
Good to know that the problem is solved now and wish you have thousands of happy miles with your Fortuner in coming time!

TOYOTA has changed the transmission box now against the complaint to solve your gear related problem? or it was done sometime earlier and you are updating the thread now.

-
SS
Old 7th November 2013, 13:48   #45
BHPian

They took almost 8 months to do it. I am sorry to update the thread late.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks