Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 14:54   #31
BHPian

re: VW Downtown mislead my colleague and encouraged insurance fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You should verify the authenticity of this quote your friend received by talking to somebody from VW Palace Cross. If possible, take a print out and sit down with the manager/executive there and see if they are able to correct the prices. Even a reduction of Rs.1000 or more warrants for a complaint to the Dakshin/Downtown Group. I simply cant seem to accept the price for a single alloy wheel to be 15k/19k.

Down Down Downtown !
Xryder, the experience of my friend, I quoted here was in March 2011, as I had mentioned in my initial post in this thread. So it is over and a bit old story. And when he questioned them at that time, they just reduced their quote from 15K to 1.5 K stating that they thought the car had alloys.

If import was the reason for this higher price, then only alloys are imported, not the steel rims? Steel rims pricing seem comparable to other car manufacturers, right? Funny.

Cheers
narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 21st July 2011 at 14:56.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You should verify the authenticity of this quote your friend received by talking to somebody from VW Palace Cross. If possible, take a print out and sit down with the manager/executive there and see if they are able to correct the prices. Even a reduction of Rs.1000 or more warrants for a complaint to the Dakshin/Downtown Group. I simply cant seem to accept the price for a single alloy wheel to be 15k/19k.

Down Down Downtown !

why dont one of you call up a local dealer anywhere in india, and tell them "I need to replace my steel rims with alloys quickly.Should i get the car now?how much time, and how much cash?or do you take cards?"

Is what i used to crosscheck when i was new to ford.

Last edited by mayankk : 21st July 2011 at 14:55.
Old 21st July 2011, 15:55   #33
Team-BHP Support

I see Skoda alloys being sold for around 12k each at the service centre. Steel ones will not be more that a couple of thousand each
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
why dont one of you call up a local dealer anywhere in india, and tell them "I need to replace my steel rims with alloys quickly.Should i get the car now?how much time, and how much cash?or do you take cards?"

Is what i used to crosscheck when i was new to ford.
My friend tried this at VW Secunderabad. He has a Vento Petrol Trendline. He was quoted 19k for 1 alloy.

On top of that, they informed him that brake pads and some related stuff needs to be repalced as he moving to 15'' wheels. I refuse to buy this part but just in case i am wrong, can someone point on the logic behind this?

BTW, I have asked him to buy the alloys outside and not worry about the brakes?
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:40   #35
BHPian

Just coming back to shoddy practice by Downtown VW :-
I am not sure whether this can be categorized to it, but just asking this for my clarity.
When I went to book my car there, they told me that "for insurance, you MUST go with our recommended companies. Either with Bajaj allianze or with ICICI. You (ie. I) cannot go with a insurance company of your choice."

Is this true? Cant I go with insurance companies that charges me less? Are they trying to make some quick bucks here?
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
You (ie. I) cannot go with a insurance company of your choice." Is this true? Cant I go with insurance companies that charges me less? Are they trying to make some quick bucks here?
@anToNIcHeN - AFAIK, the dealer makes a neat margin on insurance for new cars hence he tries to victimize gullible people. As a matter of fact to verify the same ask the dealer for the insurance cost and then check the same with other insurance companies you'll see the difference.

You are free to choose any insurance company.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks