Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 12:08   #1
BHPian

Metro Chevrolet - Dealer asking for more money

Dear All

I seek your guidance in understanding the following

I had booked my car on 12th Dec and paid the token amount of 10K for Black PS Beat Petrol

Had been following up with my dealer for the exact delivery date which at the time of booking was 8 Days (from Gujarat/Pune)

Over the weekend I happened to walk in the dealer ship and he says

Black Beat is not available, so

1 - I have to either go for another colour called sandrift grey for additional 6 K

or

2 - Wait till 2012 and shell out extra , since the price of the cars will rise up again

Please help me understand , what to do next since I was told a waiting period of 8 days, I do not want to spend more and I do not like anyother colour

I have been left helpless by the dealer

Would appreciate if someone guides me to the correct procedure to follow

Thanks in advance
Old 19th December 2011, 13:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Metro Chevrolet - Dealer asking for more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishrut786 View Post
I have been left helpless by the dealer

Would appreciate if someone guides me to the correct procedure to follow
Helpless??? NOT at all man ! Try and get in touch with another dealer and check whether they have a black - If so, cancel your current booking and go for it.

2. Simply cancel the booking and walk away to another dealership EVEN if you have to buy Beat or choose another car over it.

3. Call up the GM customer care / get the contact ids of GM management from fellow bhpians and shoot them a mail with all the facts mentioned. Just be assertive that GM let you down and you MIGHT NEVER choose a GM car in your life.

Edit::
Quote:
Please help me understand , what to do next since I was told a waiting period of 8 days, I do not want to spend more and I do not like anyother colour
Ask the dealer why was the delivery commitment NOT fulfilled? Take them to task by mentioning the dealer name and SA name and CC a copy of the mail sent to GM.

And I am NOT sure whether both the conditions you mentioned can be worked out. Out of this I would give more weight-age for the color of the car and WILL choose that over the price hike. If it were me, I would rather shell out extra bucks to get the same color as I will be happy with my car thru out the ownership period and will forget the extra cash paid, in no time.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th December 2011 at 13:05.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Black Beat is not available, so

1 - I have to either go for another colour called sandrift grey for additional 6 K

or

2 - Wait till 2012 and shell out extra , since the price of the cars will rise up again

Please help me understand , what to do next since I was told a waiting period of 8 days, I do not want to spend more and I do not like anyother colour...

Get in touch with Cheverolet and let them know what is going on. AFAIK dealers can't ask extra for delivery of a certain colour.

Last edited by vina : 19th December 2011 at 13:05.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:11   #4
SDP
Team-BHP Support

As per my understanding Beat Petrol is doing OK numbers in the market. There is definitely no huge wait-list etc. So a common colour like black should be available with the dealer in his stockyard itself. There is no other way the dealer could have given you a commitment of 8 days.
Now the dealer is just trying to extract more money from you. I would suggest either escalate to GM or take your booking to another dealer.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is this 6K difference due to colour choice? There is a difference in prices of metallic/non-metallic shades is'nt it?
Old 19th December 2011, 13:23   #6
BHPian

Thanks Swift n Furious & Vina

I have had a major arguement and he says worst come worst he will refund the booking amount

The deal is - I had won 5K lucky draw at the carnival in the dealership at the time of booking.so I did get a discount

Secondly - Even if I choose to walkaway, I will loose discount and will have to pay extra to another dealer

My worry is that how do I address their lack of commitment when the delivery date was give 8 days later and I am given two options which leaves me with nothing but shell out additional upto 10K (given the fact the price hike can be a minimum of 5 k in 2012)

I do not want a mettalic colour as i can do with a solid black color, so I do not want to compromise on the colour since I have everything planned for a black car including tint shade & carbon black HRS alloys

I think I should get in touch with Chevy lot & escalate it

Further , My loan has been sanctioned and making a provision of additional 10K will also hurt me towards the end of the month...

I do not mind waiting for a bit more but honestly, shelling out money ruins the excitement for me for a reason which is not my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
As per my understanding Beat Petrol is doing OK numbers in the market. There is definitely no huge wait-list etc. So a common colour like black should be available with the dealer in his stockyard itself. There is no other way the dealer could have given you a commitment of 8 days.
Now the dealer is just trying to extract more money from you. I would suggest either escalate to GM or take your booking to another dealer.
Precisely my point. why does he have to mention that when I walk in after a week to get the delivery date and why would he not call me and let me know on the very second day...

I am looking out for the customer care number of GM and try to also get in touch with their office in Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is this 6K difference due to colour choice? There is a difference in prices of metallic/non-metallic shades is'nt it?

There are two sides to it

he is trying to stick me with a grey shade which is readily available and for that I ought to pay 6k

secondly, if I wait I will have to pay the difference in the price hike for the 2012 model

eitherways , I loose. Money

Last edited by bblost : 19th December 2011 at 14:01. Reason: back 2 back posts. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2011, 13:59   #7
BHPian

Buddy, you have National Garage, Ashtavinayak too. Get in touch with them asap. Black would surely be in stock. Tell the dealer to take you to the yard for PDI. The truth will come in the open there, if there sits a Black Beat, only to be given in 2012 at a higher price.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:07   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Precisley my point. After 8 days he is telling me that Black is not available. Also I am sure Black is not a sought after colour. He has left me with 2 options where in I loose. Money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes it is some grey colour, which I do not like. I have already planned for an all in all black car including - tint & carbon matt HRS alloys...You know how difficult it is to change the dream at the last minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Buddy, you have National Garage, Ashtavinayak too. Get in touch with them asap. Black would surely be in stock. Tell the dealer to take you to the yard for PDI. The truth will come in the open there, if there sits a Black Beat, only to be given in 2012 at a higher price.
I have asked for VIN & Form 22 (thanks to Team - BHP checklists) but he says customers are not allowed in workshop ...

I am sure Black is readily available since Delhi is too hot most of the year and not many peple opt for it. Also, I have seen people paying extra for electric Blue & cocktail green which is worth it, but not for a grey
Old 19th December 2011, 14:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
The deal is - I had won 5K lucky draw at the carnival in the dealership at the time of booking.so I did get a discount

Secondly - Even if I choose to walkaway, I will loose discount and will have to pay extra to another dealer
You get a discount of 5k and end up paying additional 6k. So where is the discount? Chuck the coupon and go to a different dealer.

Quote:

Precisely my point. why does he have to mention that when I walk in after a week to get the delivery date and why would he not call me and let me know on the very second day...
All they care about is booking. More sales=more commission. Why would he care? Its not him paying the green. Its you.

Quote:

I have asked for VIN & Form 22 (thanks to Team - BHP checklists) but he says customers are not allowed in workshop ...
Workshop? Their stockyard you meant,right?

Last edited by sachinj12 : 19th December 2011 at 14:32.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
You get a discount of 5k and end up paying additional 6k. So where is the discount? Chuck the coupon and go to a different dealer.

I do not mind. But that means I have to start the whole grind from the scratch, keeping in mind 10 days remaining for the price hike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Workshop? Their stockyard you meant,right?
Yeah. They call it workshop or something.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th December 2011 at 14:58. Reason: Fixing Quotes, while typing in between, please use Bold or use the Quote functionality in the text area. Avoid too many .....
Old 19th December 2011, 15:08   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not mind. But that means I have to start the whole grind from the scratch, keeping in mind 10 days remaining for the price hike
You could do one thing - get a friend of yours to call up the dealership and check for the availability of a black variant which you booked. If they say yes - tell them he needs a PDI and you could go along with him to check.

Check with other dealers and find if any has black in stock - go for it. Forget the 5K discount. the dealer is trying NOT to give it if I am not wrong.

Or call up the customer care and give them every facts and ask for a price protection as the goof up is from the dealer.

Curious, I heard Beat Ds price is going to be increased by 15K. What is the price hike on petrol ?? Isn't there any year end offers? try and haggle with other dealers and you might end up getting that 5K discount. Tell them this dealer is providing you 5K discount on year end offers.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th December 2011 at 15:12.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 15:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You could do one thing - get a friend of yours to call up the dealership and check for the availability of a black variant which you booked. If they say yes - tell them he needs a PDI and you could go along with him to check.
=============
Isn't there any year end offers? try and haggle with other dealers and you might end up getting that 5K discount. Tell them this dealer is providing you 5K discount on year end offers.
The price I have got now is after thorough negotiations + year end schemes. I have only 10 days left before the prices hike. I enquired at the call centre for price hike & they said the memo will be published on Dec 30 /31
Old 19th December 2011, 15:56   #13
BHPian

Parishruth, just chuck the dealer and go for another dealer. Just that he wants to milk as much as possible from your purchase as he has lost 5k upfront. I am sure you want your car buying experience to be a memorable one, this is definetely not going to take you anywhere close to that.
Old 19th December 2011, 16:29   #14
BHPian

Hi #win

I know what you are saying. But, all this while I have spent my time researching, negotiating & arranging for car laon.
I am trying my last bit to get in touch with GM guys who will work backwards with Dealer
The sad part is the whole experience has gone awry and I have invested 2 months in choosing and doing all the things...
If nothing works I will have to go to another dealer
Old 19th December 2011, 18:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Since sanddrift grey is a premium metallic color, most dealers will ask for a 5k premium over the black and white.

But then, the dealer should have kept their promise on the delivery and not fool the customer to buy another color or wait till the price hike. Please call up the Chevrolet customer care number and shoot a mail to gmi.cac@gm.com at the earliest, on the behavior by the dealer.

I doubt whether one will get a Jan 2012 model if buying early in Jan. It might be good to ensure with any dealer, that you get a 2012 model, by checking the VIN and Form-22, if you have to buy at the hiked price.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks