Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 11:37   #1
Team-BHP Support

Nothing beats Tata-Autofin in Hyderabad! (What about other TASS in Hyd?)

Wow, I am amazed. My car is now 10 months old. Purchased from Autofin, Secunderabad. As I posted earlier, the service, the costs everything about Autofin is really great. Till date I am satisfied. They remind me of service dates, have organized at least 2 camps, did a retrofit for E-III cars and religiously follow-up for feedback at least twice for every service done. In fact for the retrofit they called me up to get a date... then took the car and after getting it done dropped it back with me. Then again called up to confirm that it has actually been done. Thereafter with a couple of weeks sent an engineer home to check it was actually done properly! In the last camp they themselves came up with the fact that the cooling is a bit low and they have tagged a note against my car history so that in the next service the AC is checked for gas levels.

Latest is that they called me up yesterday and said that they want some time from me as they want to give my car a health check up. Since I hardly have any time in the mornings they actually agreed to send the guys very early.

Today morning a team of 5 came to my residence from Autofin. They said they got all their equiments and the van they use issued yesterday night as Autofin does not open so early. They worked methodically for the next 20 minutes in which they topped up the engine oil, checked the brake fluid and coolant levels, cleaned up the Air filter, checked and topped up the battery, filled up washer fluid and also reset the sprinklers, checked the circuits with a multimeter thoroughly, inspected the axles, tie-bars, and the wheels for abnormal wear-and-tear. After doing all these they even gifted me a memento from Autofin and also gave me a Privilege pass that will fetch me discounts from them in service and spare costs. All this for no cost to me! And that too at my residence at an odd hour for them.

Amazing! Kudos to Autofin... They gotta be the best dealers for Tata. I am floored. In fact my friend who took his car from Malik Cars 2 months after I did was telling me yesterday that he is planning to switch to Autofin from next service onwards.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

RF Motors in Cochin gives excellent service too. I've had nothing but good experiences from them, and recently basilmabraham took his Petra there and received the same level of great service.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great! Someone gotta tell the dealers at TVM :(

By the way, do these guys take care of Fiat a.s.s.?
Old 25th May 2006, 11:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
By the way, do these guys take care of Fiat a.s.s.?
Who? The Autofin guys? Yes they do... they sell and service all Fiat cars as well.
Old 25th May 2006, 13:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Zappo. Where is Autofin Service center located. I know their showroom in Pender Ghast road. Do they service Fiats or more specifically Palio D?
Old 28th June 2006, 16:40   #6
BHPian

Hi Satish,
I think they may not be. As concorde, Khairatabad and Malik, Himayath nagar are the only two dealers selling and servicing FIAT cars...
Old 28th June 2006, 18:40   #7
BHPian

ah ! only if 1/2 was also carried out by dealers in delhi. the are just too lazy to do anything of this sort . lucky you .
Old 28th May 2007, 12:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Satish, Autofin very much sells and services Fiat cars. Their service station is located at bowenpally cross-roads. You know Sony Dhaba? Its bang opposite to that. After Autofin the Nagpur highway begins, with a very visible skyboards and all.

By the way here is an update people. My car had a brake problem when it was 6 months after purchase which they attended to very well (I posted the experience elsewhere in the forum). Now my car underwent its 4th free service at the end of 2 years. I asked them to take care of the brakes as I felt that although it works fine there is definitely some scopes for improvement.

When the car came back after service the brakes are as they were earlier. As in, they work but then they were even before. Just that the stopping power is not equally distributed. When Tatas called me up from pune 4 days after the service I told them so. Today Autofin called me up and profusely apologized that they could not satisfy me during the service. They have promised to send in their recovery vehicle with two mechs at a place of my choice (they will call me up to confirm the place and time once they manage to find an open slot with the mechs).

I think it is just fantabulous service. I am sure if and when I buy my next vehicle, and particularly if I am in Hydbd then, a Tata will definitely figure high on my list for its A.S.S. Talk of an oxymoron. Oxymoron not for me but because of the way people go ballistic about Tata service. Also, when you see that the car is now 2 years old has covered more than 20k kms and still underwent its free service... haa haa haaaa... muuuuuhhh... I love the feeling.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:43   #9
BHPian

That's truly a good experience with the A.S.S. guys of Tata. Zappo, this report of yours has made me rethink/change my stance when it came to the various service centers in India. Good to know that the customer is really treated like a king and it's not just a poster hanging in the customer lounge at the service center.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:35   #10
Team-BHP Support

I know suren. In fact within Hyderabad also there exists a difference in service levels of every dealer. When I was looking for a car I visited Malik, Concorde as well as Autofin. Malik people are very glib talkers. I somehow felt that they are pretty slippery and try to avoid tricky questions. Their service station being at Tolichowki also made them a bit difficult for me.

Concorde on the other hand has that high-and-mighty attitude about themselves. Even asking them about corporate discount brought about a lecture on how Concorde was established by Tatas themselves and they are the best when it comes to Tata cars (and by extension one need not ask petty questions on discounts and stuff). By comparison the Autofin people were the ones who were most inclined to complete a deal.

The same attitude as I have discovered over the last couple of years extends to their service as well. Of course they were much newer when I bought my car (and hence eager to establish themselves). Today they are chock-a-block full with the number of customers they have. They sure fail at times. But they are immensely graceful about attending to any issue when brought to their notice. That is what is most heartening about them.
Old 17th October 2007, 17:43   #11

Malis Cars - My experience

I have had a very bad experience with Malik cars at Himayatnagar.
There were upteen calls before the sale of car.
On the day of the sale of the Car:
1) I was not given the Owner Manual
2) The Speedometer was not working and I had noticed after 4 days, they wanted the car for 1 day to get it sorted out. This implies the PDI was just a Crap.
3) The follow up on the RTA work was my responsibility.
4) The guys were not taking my calls in the first instance. I had to make repeated attempts. I went up the management levels to meet the GM, who appeared to have moved in recently and was empathetic to my probems.
5) The Style 1.1 SLE had no provision for Number plat fixing either on the front or on the rear side.
6) I asked for at cost for a few provisions - handles on the rear seats, like the one on the left front seat, Power windows for the rear doors. The response for discouraging.

The list just goes on and on.
I would not recommedn any of my friends to go to them. This is because, after I made a complaint at GM level, the service level is just the same.
Very Thick skined persons.......

I bought my car on Aug 22, 2007 and done so far 956 KM and is due for its first service and am wondering where to go. I am geeting a milage of 10Kmpl (!!!!) with A/C all the time in Hyderabad.

May I request for either the contact phone number of Auto fin, which seem to have provided you an excellant experience of handling the car.

Thanks,
Old 17th October 2007, 17:57   #12
Team-BHP Support

Ummm... My experience with Autofin has always been with Tata cars. I do not know though how competent they are with Fiats. Yes they do sell and service these but then I rarely ever see Fiats being serviced there.

You have to book your car for service on 9949038105. Remember they are heavily loaded on almost all days. So if you book today you will probably get a date some 12-14 days down the line.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

I cannot believe what I am reading and it looks too good to be true.

but since its true, i would say they're an amazing service provider. Do they have branches elsewhere or only in hyderabad ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Wow, I am amazed. My car is now 10 months old. Purchased from Autofin, Secunderabad. As I posted earlier, the service, the costs everything about Autofin is really great. .
Amazing! Kudos to Autofin... They gotta be the best dealers for Tata. I am floored. In fact my friend who took his car from Malik Cars 2 months after I did was telling me yesterday that he is planning to switch to Autofin from next service onwards.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I cannot believe what I am reading and it looks too good to be true.

but since its true, i would say they're an amazing service provider. Do they have branches elsewhere or only in hyderabad ??
Yes... they are really good. And the best part is that they have stayed the course. When I purchased my car they were trying to establish themselves as a Tata dealer here against the big 2s (Malik and Concorde). Then I could just drop in for service and they used to accept with a gentle suggestion to book beforehand as that helps them.

Today the scene is somewhat different. They are beeeg (I am not surprised). They have moved to a place that accomodates 3 times more vehicles for service than earlier. They do not accept vehicles for service on an adhoc basis as earlier. The service dates are always filled up at least 10-12 days in advance. So those things are gone. However the good thing is that they still listen. They still follow up after service. They still work dilligently.

As I noted on the Autocop thread, yesterday I took my car back after service.

My experience. They were supposed to have delivered it day before yesterday, evening. However the delay was because I wanted the fog lamps to work (which were not for last couple of months) and their electrician was not able to find the fault. They asked for a day and said their master electrician will come the next day and he will definitely get it back in shape. Sure enough that guy did it the next day. In the process they had to take down the whole bumper and the front grill. Go through the circuit with a toothcomb.

I thought they will charge me a bomb for the labor this time. So what happened? They did not charge me any labor at all for the fog lamp repair!!! On top of that the Invoice shows they changed a part of the wiring and a relay FOC. I asked about it (since the car is not in regular warranty any more). I was told that the service engineer decided that the wiring was faulty from the begining and so was the relay (I retrofitted the fogs, though genuine accessory) and hence they changed it FOC.

How many service stations do that? They do not do charity but where there is a genuine case they are more amenable than the rest. That is my take on Autofin.

P.S. : I also got a Rs.500 rebate as I had the rebate coupon that they dole out if you get your insurance renewed through them.

Last edited by Zappo : 17th October 2007 at 18:29.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

@Zappo... This is indeed great! When will people realize that being diligent and caring actually brings them more customers and better sales and word of mouth publicity. Pretty much everything they want!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks