Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 18:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore

hey safety is param, I just bumped into this thread today and i wanted to let you know that i find shahwar nissan to be better than surya. My 20000 km service came upto 10k almost including break pads replacement, etc but overall car seems ok.

Finished 22k so far and no issues. lots of city driving and some highway stuff as well in last 2.5 years. Car gives me 18kmpl in city and more outside. I am not sure what the ownership costs would be like down the line, but at the moment i am trying to see if i must switch to FIAT line or honda mobilio or xuv.

happy riding, and if you want anymore info you can PM me
GeekSrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 22:33   #47
BHPian

The primary key that I have been using till now; looks like it's running on low batteries now as I see a GREEN light blinking in the console for 10 seconds upon switching ON the electricals.

Used the spare one yesterday and found no issues.

Tried to reach to the button cell today for model number, rating, etc., however, was unable to figure out. Will have to check if the car manual has the details.

In the meantime if anyone has any idea, please let me know. Thanks!!
Old 5th July 2016, 16:41   #48

Surya Nissan Bangalore - Scary experience

Marathahalli branch.

I've scourged through the forum and I haven't seen another post in this topic, hence opening a new topic. Please excuse if it is repeated.

I own a Nissan Micra - Diesel engine. Recently I had to get some body work done on the car, I got the insurance approval in two days, yet the car was stuck at the service station for nearly a month during which I've heard of all sorts of excuses from "I"m not well" to "family member not well" which, as you can imagine, reeks of an unprofessional and lethargic attitude. Added to this, they would turn the table on me saying I didn't answer their call, etc.

Obviously, really harsh feedback was given. I get my car after nearly a month, and I settle the bill, bring it home. Then I notice the damages. My front passenger seat is burnt with the cigarette lighter. And the passenger seat back rest leaver was broken, practically pulled out.

I realized then that someone had taken revenge on the harsh feedback that I gave and conveniently damaged things that I would never notice immediately since I am the sole user of the vehicle.

I immediately raised an issue and complained. And their lethargic answer was "Bring the car madam, we'll see what we can do."

I insisted they find the culprit and take action.

After a period of non-response and silence, they casually call me and ask me to bring the car for service. During this time I had raised a case on a consumer complaint redressal forum - as you can imagine - my complaint is still queued up.

Then I contact the corporate office in Chennai and directly complain to them. They follow through and contact the service center and push them to resolve the matter. After days of emails and calls going back and forth, we finally come to an agreement and I send my car for rectification to the service center.

It's now nearly 4 days, and they are yet to respond or rectify damages. Every time I call, they are like they are busy with stuff, like car service is a side business for them and they have something else more important going on. They don't respond to my calls or emails, and now my car is stuck at the service center.

I feel utterly helpless and frustrated. I would appreciate any advice I can get to rectify this or make the service center pay for all the grief they put me through. Now I'm even more worried they might on purpose damage some other part that I won't notice, just to get back at me for all the hell I raised for them.

Is there anyway I can pursue this legally? Do you have any advice? What would you do?
I don't think I want to go back to this service center again, unless they let me stand next to my car during the whole process and let me check each part they put into it or remove from it.

Have you ever thought that this can happen to anyone? We leave our cars at the service center trusting they'll do a good job, what if they do something to it that we'll never notice until we look for it or take the car apart? What if they replace a new part with an old one and charge us for the new one?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
DivyaJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 00:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Surya Nissan Bangalore - Scary experience

The reality is it all depends on the individuals who work at the ASS. If you have a decent relationship with them, they will give your vehicle priority.

I feel really bad about how your vehicle has been treated. Obviously it is too late now, but ideally you should have given feedback only after you received your car back. In any case, you have contacted the corporate office and hopefully this means they will be cautious about trying anything this time. Definitely avoid this dealer in the future. It might mean that you have to drive a lot more to give your vehicle for service, but it will be worth the peace of mind.

Legally you can file a case in consumer court but be prepared to prove your allegations.

Check with Nissan whether they will be OK for you to get the car repaired at another ASS for these issues.

Hope everything gets resolved and look forward to hearing a good ending to this story
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 01:10   #50
BHPian

If all is well with your car, other than these cosmetic damages, I would suggest you get it fixed at another dealership and move on. While what these guys did is definitely highly unprofessional, I am skeptical about the intent of their work with your car, given the type of feedback given and their unprofessionalism. While you may choose to fight it out if you have the time, i would recommend you get it fixed at another dealership (assuming the only damages suffered are these cosmetic damages, and your car is otherwise in perfect running condition), and save yourself some headache.

Make sure you take this to the highest escalation in Nissan though.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 08:26   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyaJ View Post
Obviously, really harsh feedback was given. I get my car after nearly a month, and I settle the bill, bring it home. Then I notice the damages. My front passenger seat is burnt with the cigarette lighter. And the passenger seat back rest leaver was broken, practically pulled out. After a period of non-response and silence, they casually call me and ask me to bring the car for service. During this time I had raised a case on a consumer complaint redressal forum - as you can imagine - my complaint is still queued up.

Have you ever thought that this can happen to anyone? We leave our cars at the service center trusting they'll do a good job, what if they do something to it that we'll never notice until we look for it or take the car apart? What if they replace a new part with an old one and charge us for the new one?
This is horrendous, perhaps one of the worst service experiences recorded here and on par with a few Skoda dealership experiences in terms of callousness, deception and sheer audacity. Skoda has improved ever since but Nissan continues to thrash about wildly scaring every customer in its path.

How old is the Nissan Micra diesel? In my view there have been enough and more complaints of Nissan's incompetence when it comes to upkeep of their own cars. I suggest for your peace of mind to not get too involved in the rectification process now, we now know that any negative feedback only motivates them to damage the car or worse yet sabotage it. The cigarette lighter burn in the seat only proves that the action was 200% intentional (there is a strict no-smoking policy within service stations). Ideally I too would want that you teach them a lesson such that it never happens to any other owner but all that will happen is writing of endless complaint mails, waiting for a reply from consumer forum expecting an apology where there will be none. When a company policy is rotten from top-down there is very little that can be done.

Your one option would be to hope that they "rectify" their own damages in a few months time, going by their speed. Alternatively you can pull the car out, hand it to another service station (if they are any better) and pay for the repairs with your own money. My suggestion in the interest of long-term peace of mind would be to sell the car off (Micra has a very low resale value as it is and if its longer than 4-5 years you might end up losing much more money on resale) and replace with a better brand that actually focuses on the customer complaint. Many cab drivers would be interested in a used Micra diesel I suppose. If you like the car and you want to retain it then its better to avoid this service centre (Surya) completely as it seems that they're maliciously taking revenge for receiving complaints from you. It might cost you a couple of grand for the seat-recline lever and about 5 grand for polyurethane seat covers.. just get it done and that's about it.

I would fear keeping my car with such people because if they've purposely damaged the interiors and handed it over without fear then what's stopping them from mechanical sabotage?
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 17:21   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyaJ View Post
Marathahalli branch.

I own a Nissan Micra - Diesel engine.
Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Divya, 2 bits of 2 bits:
1. Social Media : Twitter and Facebook. Name and Shame. Twitter works better than FB in these terms.
While the French can be a bit thick skinned, the Japs are pretty sensitive.
So depending on who you drag in, you can expect some redress. I would tag Nissan ,Renault and Nissan India CEO(Arun Malhotra) as Level one and then bump it to Level 2 with Carlos Ghosn.

2. (if possible) Change Dealership/Alternate Dealership(Service Center) : Had a torrid time with my SO's cute lil Sparky. Sundaram did a shoddy job and finally shut shop. Moved to Trident, almost equally crappy then tried Kropex (Hosur Rd). Burnt our hands with the CARZ. Then gave it to Kropex Marathalli. They were decent but that's about it.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 13:01   #53

Re: Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. And sincere apologies on the delayed response. I wanted to have the issue resolved so I could get back with the results.

Corporate has been quite helpful, they put a lot of pressure and I've been interacting with the AGM at this particular dealership. They managed to fix the seat backrest leaver, free of charge including pick-up and drop of vehicle. As regards the burn mark on the seat, I've asked them to replace the seat cover, to which they've agreed. But they've apparently ordered a new cover, which is yet to come. And I'm waiting for them to pick up my car again.

I will keep you updated on the progress.

But it is sad that one has to take such measures just to get a proper service that one pays for.

Abroad (at least in the Gulf) a car's resale value depends on its service history - 1) if it underwent regular service at correct intervals, and 2) if the service was carried out by the authorized dealership. I'm not sure if that holds true for resale value in India. If I were to give my car to multi-brand service centers, would it affect its resale value?

#dark.knight - I bought my car in December 2011. I have quite a history with it and quite honestly I love the car. I haven't really driven many other brands, but one distinct difference is the amazing pick-up that Nissan has. It is a beautiful car, excellent mileage, and really good for the kind of traffic I drive in. So, am not really keen on selling it, although I've thought about it quite a few times...only because of the pathetic service here in Bangalore. The damages sustained are cosmetic, but I was shocked by the sheer audacity of it. The lackadaisical attitude. I wanted to ensure they'll think twice before they take another customer for granted. Wanted to raise hell for them.

#aqualeo2040 - I did think about naming and shaming...if you google this particular service center, you will see my review. However, the problem is Bangalore has only two dealerships...and both of them compete at delivering below-par service. The other one, Shahwar, was the one I bought the car from. And Surya Nissan is rather new, so until then I had to give my car to Shahwar for service. One incident I remember that highlighted the sheer incompetence of the staff is quite appalling and funny at the same time. It was within a year, my 2nd free service, and warranty still in place. My rear-view mirror had these black spots, so I asked them to replace it. The one I had was adjustable and the one they replaced with was not. So when I asked the service adviser about it, she said "It's ok ma'am, doesn't make any difference, the adjustable mirror just helps you to look at the passengers in the backseat." (facepalm) I insisted they replace with an adjustable mirror, else am not leaving, and they did. So, as you can see...not many other options. And I wanted to try as much as possible getting things resolved by them...leaving naming and shaming as a last resort. Thanks so much for the tips...and the names...will definitely use them the next time (hopefully there won't be a next time).
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:47   #54
BANNED

Re: Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2022 at 19:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks