Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 13:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar experience during my Ecosport delivery, the dealers are very callous and taking it too lightly.

When i went to take delivery, i noticed a long 5 cm scratch on the right hand door handle, showed it to the SA and they changed the door handle from some other car.

The rear right wheel arch has a small ding/dent, thanks to their careless handling of cars, showed it to them but it required repaint of panel which i didnt want and the rear tailgate mounted alloy has 2 scratches, i couldnt do a PDI as i wasnt in town and i didnt want my father to go through that mess. Saw the alloy when i took it to get the tyres changed. Even if i did the PDI, i couldnt have left this car as the next lot would have again taken a month.

Even the key had sticky gum residue left on it, my dealer is harpreet ford, Delhi. Infact saw 2 other Ecosports with scratches on rear alloys, its easy to get them scrartched during transportation. Other would be owners, check your car carefully.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 7th October 2013 at 13:36.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 13:47   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
- With regards to the dent, I am unable to gauge the extent (dimensions), but I think a good expert denter and painter can correct it easily. If I were you, I would personally just stop bothering the dealer and ford, since they generally start ignoring a customer if he complains all the time and is very picky (first hand experience here). Frankly, shreeji ford is not worth the time and effort wasted.

- Also, I have a question. If you have been to the workshop of shreeji ford, can you tell me whether they have interactive bays there? (I just want to know).

- If you are ok with it, might I suggest you to try out wasan ford for your servicing needs. It is farther from your home, however, 3 fords from my family are serviced there inspite of 3 other service centers being nearer to us. They are professional overall (they do goof up every now and then though, but if you were to raise your voice a little, they are very eager to solve your problem).
- With regards to the auto-lock, the feature has been disabled from all new ford vehicles AFAIK. There is a way to enable it in the new fiesta

P.S. I just went through the t-bhp review, and noticed that ford has also removed the secret compartment from the eco-sport, which came along with the fiesta.
1) The EcoSport HAS the Auto Lock feature by default, no settings required it is jus that the official designated demo guy was not aware enough.
2) What Secret Compartment?
3) Used Wasan TATA for the Safari and Aria for 13+ years though there was the TATA equivalent of Shreeji (Balaji from the same group) as it was a bigger and better centre, though I did use Balaji a few times as well, but especially for Aria felt they did not have the required experience. This time don't want to go all the way to Chembur in a petrol vehicle for service and add another 800 X2 = 1600 bucks for each service to the cost of service just for fuel and toll. (Leaving car and coming back by rick / taxi and vice versa). You could rear my "heart over mind Aria" review I made 25 visits to them (Wasan TATA) over 25 months.
4) W.R.T to the dent I want to get them to replace the bonnet with a factory painted one as an acceptable solution, but the minimum they could have offered was to take care of the dent free of cost. This specific Kinetic blue shade is hard to get right (as seen in their accessories painting) and Why should I accept a repainted vehicle?. I have earlier had the occasion of Skoda Service centre not being able to match the Blue shade for a warranty work under insurance and also of Wasan TATA not being able to repaint the Aria "Night Shade Black" colour inspite of people from Dupont coming down to help. They repainted thrice (for a manufacturing defect) and still goofed up. Don't to go down that route.
5) Shreeji Ford has Interactive Service Bays in a basic form.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 16:19   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I had a similar experience during my Ecosport delivery, the dealers are very callous and taking it too lightly.

When i went to take delivery, i noticed a long 5 cm scratch on the right hand door handle, showed it to the SA and they changed the door handle from some other car.

The rear right wheel arch has a small ding/dent, thanks to their careless handling of cars, showed it to them but it required repaint of panel which i didnt want and the rear tailgate mounted alloy has 2 scratches,
Well luckily you saw the scratch on the door handle, the dealer quite possibly has passed on that same handle without repainting or with a bit of touchup to another customer from whose vehicle you got the replacement handle.

I have seen 3 other EcoSports with dents in the same spot with this dealer prior to delivery in their warehouse or showroom. Am sure they have tried the same trick with them as with me.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 20:08   #19
BHPian

Probably, the GPS price in their price-list includes "installation", which I guess is the case with other accessories too. It is another matter that there was no installation (to be) done.

The dent is very sad, I'd say. I say it because I am also an unfortunate customer who had to take delivery of the Ecosport with a dent on the door. I did notice that at delivery, but I didn't want to delay delivery because of that. A dent on the bonnet is much more visible compared to the door, so I understand that it hurts every time you see it. In my case I rarely get to see it.

I think rest of the problems you have is routine, the kind you are going to deal with from now on. Take your mind off from these issues, relax and enjoy the car.
Old 8th October 2013, 18:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
2) What Secret Compartment?
It is a very old photo (took it on the day of delivery), but it shows the compartment alright. i think you can see what I am saying. It is between the ACC and lock/hazard switches.

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20131008_132434.jpg

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 19:07   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:

Received the GRP difference amount Cheque today. Immediate impact of forwarding this thread to Ford and Dealer possibly. Yet I guess for all those who have read this thread the GPS unit pricing can be capped at Rs. 11,990 for the VX340 from Ford/MMI.

Don't know if all the price books across India have been corrected though.

Again reaffirmed my view point on the dent to the Dealer Sr. Sales person and shared the snaps of the trick ribbon work done to cover it up. They will update me on this after checking with the management.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 19:47   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Somethings don't change, no response from the Dealer Sr. Sales Person regarding the dent. No response to whatsapp reminder either.

Had delayed by Paint body sealant treatment from 3M due to the dent on the bonnet, though I have already paid for the combo monsoon offer and got the underbody treatment done. Will now get the paint treatment done can't wait any more even though it would be wasted on the bonnet if the dealer does actually replace it.

Intend to visit the Dealer again on this don't wish to leave them off the hook that easily. Will also speak to ford individual.
Old 17th October 2013, 05:02   #23
VBR
BHPian

I'm honestly worried now. I expect my ES to be delivered soon, and if I take the effort to do the PDI and find any dents /scratches, I would have to bear with it because I've waited enough for the car and to get a "different" car would take another month probably!
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:37   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
I'm honestly worried now. I expect my ES to be delivered soon, and if I take the effort to do the PDI and find any dents /scratches, I would have to bear with it because I've waited enough for the car and to get a "different" car would take another month probably!
Yep in case of the EcoSport one doesn't really have the option of selecting from a lot as any change means a big delay.

I am as yet struggling to get them to solve the very obvious dent issue that sadly I didn't notice at time of delivery as it was covered up by a ribbon bow. The dent was not present at the time of prior PDI at the warehouse by me.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:58   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE:

Am called in tomorrow by the Dealership to try and get the dent removed by a puller. (They pull the dent up with a suction mechanism). It should take at the most 2 hrs. Lets see how this goes.
Old 25th October 2013, 00:48   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

Am called in tomorrow by the Dealership to try and get the dent removed by a puller. (They pull the dent up with a suction mechanism). It should take at the most 2 hrs. Lets see how this goes.
Nope they did not have a suitable puller mechanism. They said it would require to be repainted, which I have refused to accept. Have asked them to replace the bonnet and they have agreed to do so, but since I am out for a Gujarat Road Trip till Diwali, will get this done post Diwali. Hope they honour their verbal assurance.
Old 29th January 2014, 23:48   #27
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bonnet Dent Issue was finally solved.

I took them about 5 months since delivery and required persistent follow up.

They replaced the bonnet. The new bonnet was painted at the dealership but they did a very good job and the colour matches quite closely. Sadly they took more than a month in getting the paint to match exactly and also require a lot of follow up from my end.

Anyway finally the work was completed and the staff at the service centre who has been interacting with me has been quite polite. They took less than 30 mins to swap the bonnet while I waited at the service centre lounge.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:12   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Shreeji Ford Thane not supporting warranty claims

Some things just don't change.

I just mentioned on the TATA Storme thread that Ford and Hyundai don't support warranty too well and try to pile in unnecessary work during service.

Ford is at it again.

1) The Bonnet which was replaced by Ford has paint chipped off at an edge without any contributing factor at my end. Snaps attached.

2) The Holder for Sunglasses is broken and stays open. My Glasses do not fit in the extremely small holder and so I have never used it. Infact I have not touched the Sunglasses holder since the last few months to the extent that no one but myself has even been in my vehicle since the last couple of months. Yesterday I found the glasses holder open. (possibly after going over a mildly rough stretch of road. Saw today morning that a notch on the side of the holder is broken.

Called the Service advisor who usually attends to me. He right away on the phone told me that a clip/notch on the side would have broken and that they have this problem quite often. The part costs Rs. 3000 and is not in stock and would not be covered under warranty. This was Satish. I asked to speak to his senior "Uday" and this quy was quite curt. I asked him to escalate the issue to Ford and get them to write to me that they would not support the warranty claim.

Response: They have an issue with Ford over warranties and they are not handling / supporting any warranty claim issues right now. I wonder how they can be considered Authorized service centres if that is the case.

I in the meanwhile stuck the notch with feviquick which does retain shape and the glass holder still does not close. I assume something else is also broken in the mechanism. I have had the occasion of actually using such glass holders in the Aria and Laura and they never broke over a combined 8+ years of usage while the Ford EcoSport Glasses holder has broken within 1 year of use (actually without use).

Poor plastic quality in a 11L Rs. Vehicle.
Poor Design - Most Glasses don't really fit.
Poor Support - Not Honouring warranty claims though many people are facing this same issue as per the service centre itself.
Poor Service by Dealership - Not attending to warranty claims and also not escalating to Ford.

Somethings never change.
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_112428_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_112435_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_112449_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_112531_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_112537_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_112546_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_114009_resized.jpg  

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-20140930_114019_resized.jpg  

Old 30th September 2014, 13:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shreeji Ford Thane not supporting warranty claims

Quote:

I just mentioned on the TATA Storme thread that Ford and Hyundai don't support warranty too well and try to pile in unnecessary work during service.

Ford is at it again.
Dear ACM

Pls. look for an alternate Dealer.
Shreeji have lost their Ford dealership at Thane and are no longer authorized to service/repair any Ford vehicle.

Pls. refer to the below notice:

Pathetic EcoSport delivery (Shreeji Ford): Low coolant levels, charging over MRP etc.-p_20140915_180720.jpg
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 14:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shreeji Ford Thane not supporting warranty claims

Quote:

Ford is at it again.

1) The Bonnet which was replaced by Ford has paint chipped off at an edge without any contributing factor at my end. Snaps attached.

Somethings never change.
I can not comment on the plastic quality but the repaint quality on the hood seems to be poor, The paint seems to be very thin that could be the reason for the chip.

If it starts chipping in 1 place watch out slowly there could be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear ACM

Pls. look for an alternate Dealer.
Shreeji have lost their Ford dealership at Thane and are no longer authorized to service/repair any Ford vehicle.

Pls. refer to the below notice:

Attachment 1294399
Thank you for posting this, Was this in todays newspaper? Any idea why they lost their dealership?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks