Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 11:22   #16
BHPian

re: Popular Automobiles damages Dzire engine. Repair, but no replacement!

Could we even verify the incident? or get full details of it??

We cannot have any discussion based on just this FB post.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
No way Sir. Swift's build quality is considered to be pretty high. Much better that Fiat's, Ford's,Renault's and definitely Tata. Have a look at h this 5th gear review of the Swift. Same car, same quality, same manufacturer. These guys have really high standards and are always really blunt. They liked the swift's build.
I don't know what the parameters for defining build quality are. But the persistent rattles on most Maruti vehicles I have been in and driven, make me think twice before buying a maruti ever again.

Look at the price point at which swift is available these days. Is such rattling acceptable for a vehilce costing north of 7 lakhs?
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I believe this is a case of bad A.S.S. not bad company/ product, quite to similar to what TBHP-ian @skanchan had at Om Huyndai, Gujarat (if I recall correctly). After he relocated to South, his car is in acceptable condition (IMO), after all the damage done by the Gujarat Hyundai A.S.S.

Anyhow this is an eyeopener for Maruti-Suzuki owners in that area & they should religiously avoid this dealer in future for sake of longevity of their vehicles.

Moreover, Maruti-Suzuki should initiate action against the dealer to maintain goodwill & retain customers' trust.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 14:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
As long we continue with extremely pathetic police and judiciary system (which are pro corporates and anti individual), such incidents will continue. Imagine a dealer taking a buyer for a ride for months.
I think we are jumping to conclusions in a hurry. We don't have the complete facts to judge this one instance. We also have no facts to conclude the judiciary is anti individual. It's too generalized a statement.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:32   #20
BHPian

Re: Popular Automobiles damages Dzire engine. Repair, but no replacement!

My intention with this thread was not to malign Maruti or the Swift. It has been one of India's top-selling cars for nearly a decade, and not without good reason. I just wish to highlight how customers are being treated in India - even by the country's biggest manufacturer. Bad service is almost the norm here in India.
Unlike some newer entrants to the Indian market, Maruti has three dealers and four showrooms even in small town like mine, so they can surely persuade their dealer to repair a customer's car to full satisfaction?
And I believe it is quite normal to feel frustrated when your relatively new car's engine has burned down and it has been in the workshop for two months?
one-77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 17:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Though the original poster is not from the forum, I think, it is not a bad proposition to accept a complete repair, IFF done properly. I think that these days, half engine kit is completely changed which makes the engines as good as new. Just a thought, not exactly what should be done since we do not know the facts 100%.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 19:19   #22
BHPian

Well, the new swift has got softened up suspension that soaks out potholed roads better. That definitely helps longen the life of vehicles. And my Skoda Octavia rattles too, the armrest squeaks, the dashboard has a broke drawer, the power windows have gone bad. No company makes rattle free vehicles. Cars move on rough roads, they have metallic parts, they are bound to make some noises when old. No doubt the old maruti is infamous for rattles. But it's handling is definitely better than anything in the price point. You need to lose something to gain something else. Well I am pretty sure that the neutral setup in the new Swift is the way to go for a longer problem free car
Old 21st October 2013, 19:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

My biggest complaint about Popular is that problems get rectified on the third visit (if you are lucky) on an average. They are shameless to tell you "Bring back the car, we'll fix it Sir" even after the third recurring visit. Last time while waiting for my car after Service, I saw two customers arguing with the staff for the same reason.
Another issue is the parts swap. Now my battery connectors are old rusty pieces that cannot be tightened, thanks to a recent visit to Popular.
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:40   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : This isn't the thread to technically discuss the build, or compare it to other brands. Please stick to the topic of discussion. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:46   #25
BHPian

cost us about 6-7K , the same replacement might happen in Hyundai at 40K which would cost around 12-13K , so the maintenance cost is more or less the same.

My Vista has done 55 k and the clutch is still going strong. I have not changed the brake pads as yet also.
Suprising to hear of clutch change @ 20-40 k kms!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks