Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 22:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Repainted Duster sold as brand new by Renault South Delhi (M/s Sprint Cars, Delhi

Something similar happened with me !!!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...r-instead.html (Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!)
Old 11th November 2014, 22:43   #32
BHPian

Re: Repainted Duster sold as brand new by Renault South Delhi (M/s Sprint Cars, Delhi

If you really want a replacement for this car-
1) Inform formally Renault India about it.
2) Hire a lawyer and serve dealer and Renault India a notice.
3) If they still not respond positively, file a case in Consumer court.

Reasons for going through it -
1) By no means they are going to replace the car for a body job done. They will try to compensate for their misdeed at their best. It is upto from what you are satisfied.
2) You will keep perusing it to dealer and Renault India. It will easily take more than a month for the process. You will have to register the car. Replacement probability reduced, apart from time wasted.
3) Consumer court may acknowledge dealer's lack of efficiency in service + cheating and order them to replace the car + compensate, Renault India IMO won't.
Old 11th November 2014, 22:48   #33
BHPian

Hope you got in touch with Renault people(not dealer)
If you do not get response in a day over email, or phone, you walk into their office. There seem to be a regional office in Gurgaon. You should pursue to ensure that you get the right reply.
If the regional office is not of help, write to the head office. I would suggest do that in parallel, which you are pursuing with the regional office.
Old 11th November 2014, 22:55   #34
BHPian

The incredulous thing is not the con itself , that is believable . It is that they didn't even had the courtesy to get the paint right !!! Callous frauds like that deserve to be flogged . Sir , don't beat yourself up too much , the thing is so incredulous it is almost difficult to expect in the first place and thanks to your post , I know better now .

I am not experienced like majority of the forum member but first thing I will do is indefinitely postpone registration , any penalty incurred I doubt will be too much and worth the extra time .

If I were in your shoes , I will be worried about just what the car went through . If I can establish for my mental comfort that only door was damaged due to some mistake and no damage to rest of car , I will accept replacement door and whatever goodies they offer though like a previous post suggested , try to get an extended warranty .

If you are having doubts about the rest of the car and not just the door , then don't give up and fight for a complete replacement. A car is a long term investment and this is a beautiful car no less , one clearly purchased with the heart and head so no fun owning it while feeling regretful - now whether you can accept that or move on only you have the answer to that , I hope you get the point I am trying to make . Either fight or make peace with yourself , get the door replaced and enjoy .

Them offering the door is a good sign , at least they have not wavered legal papers in your face saying you signed a disclaimer while taking delivery . That however remains a possibility and it will be in your interest to obtain proof of the SA or better MD verbally offering a replacement door after acknowledging damage .

The above is important because my understanding is you are not on very solid grounds legally and any proof you have gives you an extra hand in case things get sour(relatively speaking to current situation of course). If you escalate matters to social media , they will get equally hostile so for the time being don't escalate matters to that level , first negotiate as much as you can and if still feeling less than satisfactory which is likely , consider these option .

Consult a lawyer and explain the documents you signed , they are in the best place to assist you in that direction .
Old 12th November 2014, 12:38   #35
BHPian

Get the new door, keep the old one in the boot and move on. If there are no other issues with the car, it is wiser at this point to resolve the issue and enjoy your car.
The ideal scenario would have been to notice the anomalies before taking delivery but no point crying over spilt milk.
I had driven an hour outside Bombay to see my Figo before it was even allotted to me, after reading the PDI on the site.
Old 12th November 2014, 19:10   #36
BHPian

Its indeed very sad that you got a brand new car with a repainted/touch up door. As far as i know the fact is once a car is registered with the RTO the car is 99% sold. The 1% left is also through once you sign the papers on delivery and drive out the car. Its a mistake on your part as you have also understood it too late. You had identified a problem but the dealership tried to woo you by offering a rubbing compound which by itself means they were trying to hide a fact. A rubbing compound on a new car for what? - this is the question you should have fired on the executive. Anyway its a lesson for all. Hope we Bhpians dont get to see another thread like this again.
Old 15th November 2014, 21:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post

1) By no means they are going to replace the car for a body job done. They will try to compensate for their misdeed at their best. It is upto from what you are satisfied.
2) You will keep perusing it to dealer and Renault India. It will easily take more than a month for the process. You will have to register the car. Replacement probability reduced, apart from time wasted.
3) Consumer court may acknowledge dealer's lack of efficiency in service + cheating and order them to replace the car + compensate, Renault India IMO won't.
Will filing a case in consumer court really help? I mean does he have the legal standing as he has already taken delivery of the vehicle and signed the papers.

@OP- Thanks for sharing the experience so that this doesn't happen to another bhpian , also do let us know if anything favourable happens on this sad ordeal!
Old 15th November 2014, 21:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Will filing a case in consumer court really help? I mean does he have the legal standing as he has already taken delivery of the vehicle and signed the papers.

@OP- Thanks for sharing the experience so that this doesn't happen to another bhpian , also do let us know if anything favourable happens on this sad ordeal!
Yes, he has fair chance. Judiciary especially consumer courts also do take note of the circumstances and other evidences. Signature on delivery note alone cannot be sufficient for the dealer or Renault to completely nullify the consumers claim. I in the starting said what is your aim? If you are adamant not to settle any less than the replacement of the car or peace in heart, than it is the only way to go IMO, since neither Renault nor dealer will replace the car for their cosmetic mistake.
Old 15th November 2014, 22:59   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
I think it is a very nominal amount and also I think it would depend on
state to state. In my case, I am going to register my car today, few days
after the temporary registration expired and I am told that I will have to
pay Rs 200 as penalty according to my RTO agent. I am registering the
car in Hyderabad, Telangana.
I think it varies from RTO to RTO or State to State, I had a friend ask an agent in RTO about the fine. He said that its equal to 10% of the registration cost of the vehicle. In my case, it would be a good amount close to 9k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have you involved Renault India into this? Please shoot them a mail and provide a link of this thread.
I did involve Renault India in this matter. Escalted this matter to the Area Sales Manager and afterwards wrote a email to thier MD, Mr. Sumit Sawhney himself, after that I got a call from Chennai with the Area Manager for North India on the line. They are now inspecting the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
This dealer in discussion (M/s Sprint Motors ) is really responsible for 90% of the awful experiences of Renault customers.

I have come in contact with them various times as my wife owns a Renault Duster which was purchased from their Gurgaon showroom. They are not able to resolve simple problems and come up with the most atrocious and abominable replies. When you visit their premises, it actually feels that nobody knows anything that's happening below their nose - clueless about any process lapse.

I have made quite some noise by sending emails to their central complaint center. The thing has helped me most getting my issues resolved is when I have made noise on social media like twitter and facebook. They really escalate these cases. I would suggest you to keep a pressure from all sources - specially the social media as that's the place they will market their new cars.

All the best and please keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Very sad to learn of the shamelessness of Sprint motors.

One word about Sprint Motors, (their Gurgaon showroom). Shameless. I can say that with absolute conviction. It is due to their attitude that I did not even take the test drive of Fluence. Wrote the car off my books completely.

Pls take up the matter immediately with Renault India, since these showroom people will try and make sure to waste a lot of your precious time and patience.

In my case, I contacted Renault customer care, narrated my experience, and some regional sales manager called me and thereafter dropped by at my home, just to pacify me. Horrendous sales experience.

Hopefully, you will get help from Renault India.

I shall search and give you the no. of the person. Wish you all the best.
The dealerships attitute and customer handling defines a brand and they are ultimately responsible to build the brand image of the company in front of the customers as they are the point of contact for any end user. I hope Renault India takes my complain seriously and takes the required action against the dealership which is doing much harm to thier reputation and image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Not sure if the below would work or if you are ok with this.
Instead of replacing the door, and in the process indirectly conning another unsuspecting buyer (as mentioned by a fellow bhpian), i would suggest to ask for a credit note or cash for twice the cost of door replacement and teflon coating. Use this in future to finance your service costs etc. Asking them to refund your insurance is another option. Again, all these are just my random thoughts and may not be worthy enough to compensate your bad experience and loss.
I had my car inspected from technicians from Renault India, they assured me that apart from the fact the door is repainted, the other otherwise it totally fine. I have asked them for a fitness certificate from Renault India stating the same.

I pushed them for a replacement of the vehicle, but they are saying that it is not possible (though it is possible for a dealership to sell a re-painted vehicle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
In their first act of delivering a car with re-painted door was unethical. Secondly, just in case if Sprint Cars actually needs to repaint any car body part in the body-shop then this is the color match/quality they will offer?

Don't know what Sprint Cars is doing and taking so much of time to solve the customer's concern from whom they have taken about a million rupee.
They have committed a fraud and they know it. They must be hoping to get caught but thanks to the quality of the job work, they have been and now all their focus now is again to get out of the situation as easily as possible and they do not give a damn about customer satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
It is a sad thing happenning in many dealerships accross India. The lack for customer protection laws and\or thier enforcement is a major cause for such a situation in the market.

Quote:

If I get a fitness cetificate stating the the car is fine apart from the repainted door, I might settle with the same car after getting the door replaced, a suitable compensation for the malpractice and a assurance that relevant action against the dealership is taken in this regard.

But if even one of the condition is not satisfied, I will have no option apart from taking forward this case legally and in all the relevant media forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Hope you got in touch with Renault people(not dealer)
If you do not get response in a day over email, or phone, you walk into their office. There seem to be a regional office in Gurgaon. You should pursue to ensure that you get the right reply.
If the regional office is not of help, write to the head office. I would suggest do that in parallel, which you are pursuing with the regional office.
As I have mentioned earlier, I have involved Renault India in this matter. The people at Renault India do revert but not with a pratical solution, however, I am still in talks with them. Hope they help me in taking this case to a closure.

Quote:
Yes, he has fair chance. Judiciary especially consumer courts also do take note of the circumstances and other evidences. Signature on delivery note alone cannot be sufficient for the dealer or Renault to completely nullify the consumers claim. I in the starting said what is your aim? If you are adamant not to settle any less than the replacement of the car or peace in heart, than it is the only way to go IMO, since neither Renault nor dealer will replace the car for their cosmetic mistake.
Legally, in consumer forums, the laws do favour the customer, however, I still hope that the matter is addressed by Renault India reasonably and such malpractice\fraud is taken seriously.

I hope I have answered all your queries. Thanks for your suggestions and inputs the thread.
Kshitizag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:07   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitizag View Post

As I have mentioned earlier, I have involved Renault India in this matter. The people at Renault India do revert but not with a pratical solution, however, I am still in talks with them. Hope they help me in taking this case to a closure.
Any updates on your case yet? Has Renault offered an acceptable solution to you?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 21:27   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Repainted Duster sold as brand new by Renault South Delhi (M/s Sprint Cars, Delhi)

Kshitizag please update the thread regarding the current status of your problem. It is helpful for a large number of other members and non members to know of the outcome of such issues so that they can gain some insight and avoid the same themselves.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 19:44   #42
BANNED

Quote:
As I have mentioned earlier, I have involved Renault India in this matter. The people at Renault India do revert but not with a pratical solution, however, I am still in talks with them. Hope they help me in taking this case to a closure
Any update with the case?

What is the current status? The thread needs an update as you haven't got back since long. Thanks.
Old 5th May 2015, 20:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Kshitizag - Can we have an update on the resolution you have been provided?

I'm sure there must be many who have been following the thread and are wondering what happened next.

Look forward to your inputs.

Last edited by mantrig : 5th May 2015 at 20:18.
Old 19th April 2017, 09:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kshitizag,

Hope your issue has been resolved. Can you please help me with the email address of Sumit Sawhney, as I need it for an issue with my Renault Car.

Regards,
Old 19th April 2017, 09:50   #45
BHPian

Re: Repainted Duster sold as brand new by Renault South Delhi (M/s Sprint Cars, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any updates on your case yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Kshitizag please update the thread ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any update with the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Kshitizag - Can we have an update on the..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hope your issue has been resolved.
I was quite sympathetic with the raw deal that our fellow member had been given and was as others, anxious to know the outcome. Quite a lot of members have invested their time and given yeoman advise on this issue. Since there has been no update from the OP since November 2014, one would be curious, if not concerned, as to what had finally transpired and as to why OP has maintained silence on this subject?

It is not that Kshitizag has not been visiting this forum since Nov 2014. Far from it. The least one would expect from a fellow member is the courtesy of thanking all who contributed and closing the subject with the outcome.
earthian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks