Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 11:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. It's frustrating to see why everyone in our country runs on such low moral and business ethics. Having said that, can a car key be so scratched in just 300 kms?
Old 12th March 2016, 13:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

My sympathies to the owner and hope his troubles get resolved in the right way. Just based on the facts listed, a clear case of the dealership cheating a customer.

But having said that, honestly speaking, who takes delivery of a car at 10pm in the night that too brought to your home in a truck. Have never heard of a delivery like that. You may not be any kind of expert or have absolutely no knowledge of cars, but this is frankly very very naïve. You can't trust anyone that much.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:09   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

Caveat emptor! Shame on the dealer, but equally, foolish of the buyer to trust the dealership blindly.

From taking a delivery at night & checking nothing to believing everything that the dealer told him, well, this chap was just asking for trouble.

If he'd spent 1 hour on the PDI and adhered to best practices, it would have saved him 60 hours in the longer run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I disagree with all the posts that say that the buyer should not have taken delivery, etc.
Sure, but then similarly, why should we tally our bank / credit card statements, check the restaurant's bill before paying and so on?

Your money & your car - Only you can protect your best interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
This further reinforces the belief that NEXA is just a sham. They are nothing different than regular dealers operating under a different banner
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 02:01   #19
BANNED

Was re-reading the Pasco issue and found that the images posted by the OP aren't here so here they are as found on FB with the details of the issues he (Amit Gundh) is facing.

The Scratched Key
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-10866071_10156559750005265_907754030650585317_o.jpg

Other side of the key:
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-12819455_10156559750065265_7406893400337419373_o.jpg

ICE - Malfunction:
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-12792316_10156559750300265_5525628384602005298_o.jpg

Odometer Reading:
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-12795149_10156559750000265_1716223976084359255_o.jpg

'Demo car to be returned' order from NEXA
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-12829347_10156559750665265_6968762259860068094_o.jpg

__________________________________________________ ___________

Till date I have taken 3 car deliveries and many accompanying dad. None of them have been taken at home or after working hours as it is a pain for the customer and the staff at the dealership as they have to wait till the formalities are over and hand over the keys.

Once the business hours are over it is best to take the delivery next day, Why?

1. Any dents/scratches etc are seen prior to delivery. This is impossible at night or late evenings and once papers are signed no point in fighting unless there is a strong case;
  2. Any legal issues like TR form filling etc can be rectified as staff is present and so does the system work (online challan etc);
  3. All the top heads are present at the dealership and are there to help if any flag is raised by the customer;
  4. People are attentive and cautious at day time and no silly faults are possible.

Buying a new car is a very exciting feeling for all - The customer, the sales executive, managers but that excitement shouldn't go over the top and not let one check the car and then take delivery.

I'll give a 70:30 blame (70 to Pasco and 30 to Amit). I can't really understand why did the OP agree to take the car at 10pm in the night on the road?! Why has NEXA built that glass door chamber specific for deliveries?! The OP didn't actually want the delivery that night but I guess was forced. Funny to have the delivery of the 'new car' arriving on a flat bed truck.

He could have been a bit firm and asked the SA to keep it ready the next day so the 'delivery' is formal and as per protocol. Had this happened the car would not have been bought by Amit and no need for this thread!

Corresponding to my point # 1)
Quote:
Finally, at 10 pm, Manish arrived at our residence followed by the Scross loaded on a truck. He looked tired and we were half asleep. So he quickly handed us a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates and signed off.
Corresponding to my point # 2)
Quote:
'And wait, my name is misspelt on the temporary registration?!' I pointed out. 'Is it? We'll correct that', he promptly replied before leaving.
Quote:
After Manish left, we decided to take the car to the Gurudwara for a small ritual. As I started the car, I noticed the meter reading showed 322 kms already!
Why didn't he check the car (read odometer) when it was brought down from the flat bed truck even though he was half sleepy? Why didn't he raise the alarm and not accept delivery rather than taking pictures to raise flags the next day when everything is over?

Such incidents all point towards one thing of taking delivery when it is to be taken and carry out a inspection (all are not BHPians/enthusiasts, I know) but basic looking around and checking the electricals shouldn't be an issue.

Had he done the PDI prior to signing, he would have been a happy S-Cross owner.

Hope the issue sorts out and the necessary steps are done to correct the misery Mr. Amit is going through. After all a new car experience is a life long one. First impression is the best and last impression IMO.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 12:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just called up Pasco, finalized a deal for S cross and then told.. hold..no! You cheat customers citing this example and citing TBhp reference. Lets see how it goes!
panky12345 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 13:00   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa promised premium and not honest sales experience. So, there's NOTHING to be shocked that this happened at Nexa. It could happen just about anywhere.

The only time it's perhaps ok to have cars delivered to offices like pizzas is when it's a lease car or its paid for by the company. I said perhaps and not always. If you are a member of this forum well then forget about your own car, you will be called by friends and family when they take delivery so that you can point a thing or two if something is amiss.

Hope Maruti or Suzuki or Nexa fix this issue. I myself am confused which entity is responsible.
Old 17th March 2016, 13:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Just called up Pasco, finalized a deal for S cross and then told.. hold..no! You cheat customers citing this example and citing TBhp reference. Lets see how it goes!
You just gave up your bluff by posting this
Old 17th March 2016, 13:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You just gave up your bluff by posting this
Eddy.. idea was to make them visit this thread
Old 17th March 2016, 13:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

I got my S-Cross from Pasco. They're jokers actually. This notorious publicity would make no difference to the thick skinned Pasco, unless Maruti comes down hard on them
Old 18th March 2016, 17:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I got my S-Cross from Pasco. They're jokers actually. This notorious publicity would make no difference to the thick skinned Pasco, unless Maruti comes down hard on them
Why cant we share it on Facebook/Twitter and help this guy ?
Old 18th March 2016, 17:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Dear MSIL, Your NEXA is a FAILURE. Time to accept it now.

The 322 kms should have set the buyer's alarm bells ringing, though.
Define failure please. Currently 100 0dd Nexa dealers are selling more than 10000 cars a month.

Buyer seems to have very callous attitude towards buying something as important as a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
This is atrocious! While I agree that he should have done a basic check before accepting the car but it can't be seen as his fault.
We do not even buy grocery without some amount of checks, let alone a car. The complications in buying a car is registration process which makes it difficult for exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Finally Posco are getting the press they deserve!
IMO, it's hard to fault a layman for this. The 'fault' of the this man was that he was being a little naive with his money but nothing can defend the malafide swindling by Nexa/Posco.
Pasco, is still better than other Maruti dealers in Gurgaon. Apra is close second but others lag far behind.

Being a layman is no excuse for being stupid. Either he had excess of money or he had no time at all. In either case process of buying a car should not be handled like buying potato from market. If we order a packet of bread from local store, he will send me from the old stock for sure. Here the SA might have thought of taking advantage of a naive customer. He would have got a bonus too, if all had gone well.

I hope Maruti resolves this sooner than later. This incidence should be shared to spread awareness for prospective car buyers. People who invite trouble seldom get disappointment.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 18:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is what I thought happens in all car delivery. The sales guys calls customer, confirms a specific vin and then the payment day comes.

I have insisted on car mileage, need for PDI and in special cases viewing the car before confirming. I may be wrong or lucky to have got the opp to check these atleast before putting the money down.

But 322 kms should have thrown some alarm and denial to take delivery.

At this stage it's worth fighting every day. Shame is the next best thing that will work. Start printing posters and distribute near dealership and freak them out.

Maruti should take some ownership and help customer.
Old 18th March 2016, 18:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Pasco, is still better than other Maruti dealers in Gurgaon. Apra is close second but others lag far behind.

Being a layman is no excuse for being stupid.
In my case, sales was Skoda level bad with no clear informations, different quotes, recanting on discounts, forcing their conditions after I made the booking. What kind of worse should I expect from others? My experience with Prem/Apra or Competent was better while negotiations. Posco was clearly the worst.

Secondly, trusting your domestic help for jewellery is being fool, trusting your car dealer to give you a new car is being layman. His being layman is no excuse for Posco to be completely dishonest in giving him a used car and then trying bullying tactics to force it. This is an inverted logic, widely used in NCR by where people who get looted are fools (for not taking precautions) but crooks are smart (or euphemism like 'relatively better') as they somehow manage to swindle others.
Old 18th March 2016, 20:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
In my case, sales was Skoda level bad with no clear informations, different quotes, recanting on discounts, forcing their conditions after I made the booking. What kind of worse should I expect from others? My experience with Prem/Apra or Competent was better while negotiations. Posco was clearly the worst.

Secondly, trusting your domestic help for jewellery is being fool, trusting your car dealer to give you a new car is being layman. His being layman is no excuse for Posco to be completely dishonest in giving him a used car and then trying bullying tactics to force it. This is an inverted logic, widely used in NCR by where people who get looted are fools (for not taking precautions) but crooks are smart (or euphemism like 'relatively better') as they somehow manage to swindle others.
I guess there are no good Maruti dealers in Gurgaon then. Haven't had a chance to interact with Competent though.
Pasco fleeced him because he not only allowed them but invited then to do so. It is definitely not an excuse but it is this layman who is suffering in the end. One has to be careful during purchase. Getting a lemon is bad luck but this was pure carelessness. And yes, people who do not take precautions are fools for sure.
Old 20th March 2016, 00:39   #30
BHPian

Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I guess there are no good Maruti dealers in Gurgaon then. Haven't had a chance to interact with Competent though.

Pasco fleeced him because he not only allowed them but invited then to do so.

Sorry, what do you mean by 'invited them to do so' ? Do you mean he paid with a cheque mentioning on the backside as "fleece me, I'm an idiot" or " you know what to do next ;-)" ?

Are you trying to defend Pasco Motors here? Do so by all means but please with a bit of logic. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks