Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 14:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The stock on BSE also shows a downward trend and is predicted to end up being a penny stock.
Just out of curiosity, I went ahead and checked the prices. It has hit upper circuit of 5%. Ironically, it has been hitting the upper circuit since last 5-6 trading sessions.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 14:51   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Just out of curiosity, I went ahead and checked the prices. It has hit upper circuit of 5%. Ironically, it has been hitting the upper circuit since last 5-6 trading sessions.
Nothing to write home about. The entire market is on an upward trend. This is 1 year of perf:

Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune-1year.jpg
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 15:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

To add to this, they just launched the Tornado 302R yesterday. Seeing such a state of affairs, maybe they could have put that launch on hold and fix the ongoing issues first.

Last edited by GTO : 26th July 2017 at 15:14. Reason: Typos
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2017, 18:28   #19
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2017 at 16:08.
Manan_02 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2017, 18:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

DS Kulkarni (DSK) lost elections badly a couple of years back, lost some money in that process. Then he came up with a very big project (mega project) near Saswad (proposed area for Pune International airport) which did not take off completely (progressing very slowly) because of a couple of factors: Macroeconomic slowdown, de-monetisation and its impact on real estate and third reason being its way too expensive considering how far it is from Pune. His earlier mega project 'DSK Vishwa' also met same fate although it recovered after a considerable time.

I am not surprised DSK has started selling off businesses given he is in deep mess.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 08:59   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Quote:
Nothing to write home about. The entire market is on an upward trend. This is 1 year of perf:

Attachment 1660726
To close the loop on this, Kingfisher stock used to hit 5% circuit when all planes were grounded. Ended up as a penny stock:

Name:  KF_Stock.png
Views: 4100
Size:  30.8 KB
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 13:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To close the loop on this, Kingfisher stock used to hit 5% circuit when all planes were grounded. Ended up as a penny stock:
Agree. My only point being the ironic way out stock market behaves.
Old 29th July 2017, 06:05   #23
Team-BHP Support

Somewhat confused about what the group's plan is:

Quote:
Kulkarni said the group will focus more on the auto business, which also includes its car dealership with Toyota in Maharasthra. It sells about 6,500 cars for Toyota in the state that brings in Rs 1,200 crore revenue for the company. Margins, however, are lower at 1-1.5%, according to Kulkarni.
Source: TOI
Old 29th July 2017, 13:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Somewhat confused about what the group's plan is:

Source: TOI
The maths doesn't add up at all! 1200 crores with 6500 units with 1-1.5% per unit?
Old 29th July 2017, 13:55   #25
Team-BHP Support

What does this mean for DSK Benelli? Should one avoid buying Benelli's for the moment?
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 00:24   #26

Have just purchased a Fortuner from Sharayu Toyota (Pune) and was advised to take the first servicing appointment (1000 kms) before I drove out itself. Sharayu Toyota is currently accepting only new vehicles due for 1000 kms service. For older / other vehicles the waiting time for a service appointment is about 45 days currently. Sad state of affairs for many of us who have patronised Toyota vehicles over the years.

The Sharayu Toyota facility is far smaller than the ones DSK has in Bavdhan and Hadapsar. The quality of service is also not the same as that experienced in DSK. But to be fair to Sharayu - they are struggling hard to manage the phenomenal load which has landed upon them on account of the shut down at DSK.
MacSr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 14:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

A friend who is in the taxi business and has 40 Innovas says that his average monthly bill with DSK was Rs 2 Lakhs, and each of his cars did 10,000 km in about 6 weeks. Even Mumbai dealers are overloaded due to spill over from Pune, and are giving service appointment priority to vehicles they have sold or those that are regularly serviced there.
He has started doing routene maintenance and servicing at a local garage, he had one warranty issue which was refused due to 20k and 30k service done at local garage, but a strong worded email to Toyota management resolved it with car being referred to Wasan Toyota.
I guess that private individals buying single vehicles are not going to get this waiver, but corporate bulk buyers and Taxi fleet owners are managing to deal with authorised dealers only for warranty work.

This shows with a group of adjacent districts Pune, Nagar, Solapur Satara, Sangli, Ratnagiri, Kolhapur without dealerships even Toyota itself is in trouble.

Rahul

Last edited by ajmat : 30th July 2017 at 14:37.
Old 17th August 2017, 23:07   #28

Just heard (not verified) - apparently Sharayu is constructing a new facility for servicing of Toyota vehicles in Tathawade, Pune on a 2 acre plot. Likely to be inaugurated on 03 Oct 2017.
Any T-BHPians who could validate this?
Should be good news for Toyota owners in Maharashtra for sure if it materialises.
MacSr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 12:43   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSr View Post
Just heard (not verified) - apparently Sharayu is constructing a new facility for servicing of Toyota vehicles in Tathawade, Pune on a 2 acre plot. Likely to be inaugurated on 03 Oct 2017. Any T-BHPians who could validate this? Should be good news for Toyota owners in Maharashtra for sure if it materialises.
I've been in touch with TKM over the past few days regarding my experiences. A bloke on the toll free line tells me Toyota is in the process of appointing another dealer for Pune. Hopefully they aren't referring to another 'branch' of the same dealer which to me would be a disappointment.

Sharayu is frankly no patch on DSK when it comes to dealing with customers. I am not happy even talking to them (it's like conversing with a mobile operator's call centre if you know what I mean) so I have doubts if the quality of service will match that of DSK-T.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 15:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Because of this mess and because the very poor service quality of Sharayu Toyota as seen by me today - system sms sent that car is ready when it is not even washed as icing on this poor cake - I am for the first time regretting buying a Toyota car.

I have decided that I will never buy a Toyota again; there are other options available. By putting all their eggs in one basket, the DSK one, Toyota has made owners in Pune, Satara, Kolhapur suffer for no fault of theirs and on top of that, is being very slow to take visible corrective action.

I get my Gypsy serviced by MASS down the road that does an excellent job, well regulated by Maruti. And there are many options if that shuts down. I think Maruti overall a better option compared to Toyota if this is how this important matter is being handled by Toyota. The cars are ok, it was service that made the difference; with that gone, there are better cars to be bought in the market today.

Even Tata after sales does a better job these days.

Last edited by Sawyer : 26th August 2017 at 15:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks