Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 19:18   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
In a nutshell, one can still assume that the dog's tail which showed promises of straightening when this thread was HOT, has gone back to where it actually belongs. To expect it not to bend is just plain foolishness.
Dogs will be dogs. With the ever increasing volumes of Maruti Suzuki cars we can only expect this to happen a lot more times. The customer is helpless but we can help at least by naming and shaming the guilty dealers we know about.

So please mention the name and location of this dealer.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 20:13   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
From your town... I am sure they have presence in Shimoga too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
...can you please name the dealership?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
So please mention the name and location of this dealer.
It is Shruti Motors, Chikkamagaluru. As paragbhai rightly guessed, it is a dealership that has presence in Shimoga and Davanagere districts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
However, I am surprised if they can really do what they were discussing and if they really do, then you are not the only one they are conning.
This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. My con happened in the early days of my car ownership. Ignorant of the ways of the world, I raised a complaint. Except for a couple of phonecalls, nothing really happened. The experience made me wiser and I learnt not to touch the service centre even with a barge pole.

While a number of people know that they are being cheated, they keep quiet not knowing what to do. A lot many don't have the slightest idea of being conned. In the absence of consumer activism and because of the inherent compulsions of life in a small town, people keep quiet. Professionalism is scarce; everyone knows someone powerful and it takes just a phone call or two to find out where you live, where you park your car or which route you take to office daily. Locking horns with the manager, service advisor or the mechanic is just not worth it. Hence, people move on. The good thing is that Chikkamagaluru has two other MASSs and a few good FNGs too.

Escalating matters and fighting battles is not everyone's cup of tea. My friend, the Ertiga owner, too wouldn't think of complaining. Its just another day of business for him, although with a couple of black sheep.

It is in situations like these that I find our forum taking the less trodden and often mine-trapped path.

PS: Service woes aside, I am always in awe of the tolerance level of our cars. They survive the hanky panky of the service centres and manage to serve us with credit .
dailydriver is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 09:31   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
It is in situations like these that I find our forum taking the less trodden and often mine-trapped path.
From reading through all these as well as my personal experience, one thing is clear - the network involved is so huge that the parent company has no control, whatsoever, on the actual staff in whose hands our cars end up! Though unfortunate, this is the truth as no car maker in India can really assure that a guy handling your car somewhere in some town will be honest and professional. Earlier this month, I was having a candid conversation with Varun Motors outlet manager (from where I purchased my car), and he was saying whenever they get customer complaints of a serious nature, they terminate the person in question when warning doesn't work, but the issue doesn't get resolved there since the new guy they recruit is also either as good as the previous one or prone to earning further customer complaints! He also says with similar jobs easily available after they get trained, nobody is really interested in being loyal. Maybe companies should invest in training on personality development as well rather than just skill development.

I was wondering why we, Team-BHP, being such a large and active community, don't start petitioning automobile manufacturers (something like what change.org does). I am sure all car makers in India are aware of this community and its influence on a large section of car owners/potential car buyers and wouldn't risk not attending to an issue raised by us. Instead of we just sharing information and knowledge here, we may be able to actually trigger some true actions/changes.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 17th January 2018 at 09:33.
shijanto4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:10   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been to service centre. They have put boards everywhere saying not to take pics or video
Attached Thumbnails
Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img_20180123_130559.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:31   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had been to service centre. They have put boards everywhere saying not to take pics or video
And you took photographs of the same??

Hopefully, they have mended their ways before putting up this signboard.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:34   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
And you took photographs of the same??

Quote:
Hopefully, they have mended their ways before putting up this signboard.
They are not hiding anything. Dealer told me that if we have any concerns, they will show CCTV footage.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:36   #457
BHPian

Quote:
What are they afraid off? If servicing is genuine then why not let videos be taken?
heydj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:40   #458
BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly the same board - with the blue and red border I saw at my service centre in Trivandrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
2. Found a new board. " Photography and Videography inside the premises is strictly prohibited.. Talk about shooting the messenger.

So I think the board must be as per directions from Maruti.

Last edited by Ramon : 23rd January 2018 at 14:45.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:49   #459
BHPian

Looks like they are putting up these boards everywhere except at the place where it happened. When I visited the service centre last month, there was no board of any sorts
Old 23rd January 2018, 15:03   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found such boards at a Honda 2 wheeler service centre in Mumbai too! It looks like all manufacturers are doing this. Sad they chose to take this route of knee jerk reaction rather than fixing the rot in service centres
Old 10th September 2018, 00:07   #461
BHPian

I saw this only now. I am shocked. I always knew there was some hanky-panky stuff happening all the time at the service centers, but this takes the cake. You did well not to take the video down. In fact I would suggest you post on Facebook, right on Maruti Suzuki website.

That will show these buggers to reign in their dealer. Mandovi is a big guy in KA. I hope their MD and top honchos get a lesson. It only takes few incidents like this to ruin reputations. And if I were him, I would have fired the technicians and service manager on the spot.
Old 29th April 2021, 15:50   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandrer View Post
Great Job on sharing it with all the community members. I am sure that MSIL will take it seriously and on a plus side it will help improve the services of other service centers as well.

With all these scams that have surfaced in the recent months its better to get your car serviced at the local garage. They charge you lower and you can be assured of the service done to your car.

Ever since my car passed the warranty mark i have been taking it out to the local garage for its regular services. I pay 30-40 % less to what i was paying at Maruti service centers and the car is doing great.

It crossed 142000 km mark this Diwali.
Well the car now has crossed 210000 km last month. Still strong & munching miles .
wandrer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks