Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 11:26   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Damaged Jeep Compass delivered by KHT Motors, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A repaint at the dealer level will never match factory quality.
I would agree with that in the early 2000s, but no more. Dealers have heavily invested in painting infrastructure & worker talent. I've seen repainted jobs on my Sunny (accident), C220 (door damage), brother's Jetta (frontal crash), 530d (nicks & dents) etc. and I simply cannot tell that they've been repainted. The colour matching & finish is flawless. Of course, it does depend on who is doing it and you must choose the right place, but the fact remains that repainting quality has come a long way in India.

Maybe a professional can tell the difference; regular folk like us can't.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 11:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would agree with that in the early 2000s, but no more. Dealers have heavily invested in painting infrastructure & worker talent. I've seen repainted jobs on my Sunny (accident), C220 (door damage), brother's Jetta (frontal crash), 530d (nicks & dents) etc. and I simply cannot tell that they've been repainted. The colour matching & finish is flawless. Of course, it does depend on who is doing it and you must choose the right place, but the fact remains that repainting quality has come a long way in India.

Maybe a professional can tell the difference; regular folk like us can't.
Absolutely agree on how much the repainting quality have come up in the local market and with the dealers. It is all with the skilled hands that do the repainting.

Since this case, there is no structural damage, a good quality repaint should do with the additional warranty on it.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 18:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdsz View Post
Here is my bitter experience with Jeep Compass. This issue is escalated to Jeep as the Dealer KHT Motors is trying to wash off their hands after having delivered a damaged Jeep Compass.
|
|
|

I will update this thread as it progresses, hoping Jeep to assist in quick resolution.

Status Quo - Nov 30 2017, 6:30 PM

Yesterday, FCA reps once again took the vehicle to dealer workshop for inspection by their Paint experts and Paint supplier.

After inspection they confirmed with a report that said vehicle was Not Repainted at Dealer and it is the OEM paint.

Regarding the spots on paint - FCA offered to repair the vehicle paint at the dealer.

The vehicle was promptly delivered back home today with the inspection report.

Overall, I am relieved after FCA's inspection report confirming vehicle has OEM paint.
Note that damaged door pad was also replaced.

Thank you FCA/Jeep for taking ownership and clarifying/resolving issues I raised as a customer.

Problems do occur, it is what/how we resolve them is the big differentiator.

Last edited by Eddy : 30th November 2017 at 19:54. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability.
deepakdsz is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 22:01   #19
BHPian

Good to know that you are out of this ordeal. Also happy to know that Jeep has managed to intervene and help you out. After all Compass is such a good product and reading negative about it wasn't helping :-)

Last edited by yogesh.8984 : 30th November 2017 at 22:08.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 10:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good to know you are thru with the issue and its all sorted out.

Now for people in Bangalore, it appears that KHT Agencies Private Ltd. is the only dealer available and the same Dealer has two showrooms, one in Koramangala and the other one in Yeshwantpur. So, there is no choice but to go to the same dealer again...
Old 21st November 2018, 15:30   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon9999 View Post
Dear deepakdsz,

Please write your concern to Mr.Kevin Flynn, let him also know what is happening right under his nose. This was not expected from a vehicle costing 20L upwards and surely FCA or the dealer is at fault.

Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar is a helpful gentleman, at times he also raises hand and act hapless. I remember there was some issue with my Punto's warranty, he tried his best but couldn't do much, then i had to write to the top brass of FIAT, back then when it was headed by Mr. Nagesh Basavanahalli. Writing to him was real palliate and my issue was resolved within 48 hrs.
Dear Varoon9999, could you please give me the email address of Mr.Kevin Flynn and Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar?
Old 22nd November 2018, 10:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampaps View Post
Dear Varoon9999, could you please give me the email address of Mr.Kevin Flynn and Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar?
Dear Rampaps,

Please find the enclosed email id's as desired;

mangesh.kodalkar@fcagroup.com
kevin.flynn@fcagroup.com

However I would suggest please speak with Mangesh first before making it documented. I am unable to PM you, please drop me a text at seven eight three eight three five one zero zero nine so that I can share his number with you.

Thanks !!
varoon9999 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks